im heat broken help, ticking of see online status!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi

So you know you can tick the box so people can't see you online right, someone I'm in love with I think may have done this to me :(

they said they had to go and I've been suspecting something, I searched for him in a group he is in and it said he was online!! I checked other groups they all said offline???

so my question is why did this one group take 25 mins for them to say their offline? is it because that was the tag they was wearing if he had ticked the box and signed out to make out he was going?

why would one group lag 25mins to register? I know he may read this but its killing me and better than comfronting feeling like this.

please help I don't know what to do.

Audriana LittleBoots wrote:

hi

So you know you can tick the box so people can't see you online right
someone I'm in love with I think may have done this to me
:(

they said they had to go and
I've been suspecting something,
I searched for him
in a group he is in and it said he was online!!
I checked other groups
they all said offline???

so my question is why did this one group take 25 mins for them to say their offline? is it because that was the tag they was wearing if he had ticked the box and signed out to make out he was going?

why would one group lag 25mins to register?
I know he may read this but its killing me
and better than
comfronting
feeling like this.

Your post is chock-full of goodies, but first things first. I just love the neologism "comfronting" it's a cross between comforting and confronting.  I say comfort, as a little head can go a long way. . .  if you know what I mean.  

Hi Audriana,

You cannot hide your online status from other members of a group. Severe lag can also affect the timing of the online/offline indicator, both for your friends and for people in groups, but twenty five minutes is a hell of a lot of lag. And finally, I've found the online/offline indicator is sometimes just plain wrong.

If this is stressing you greatly, log off and go for a run or eat some chocolate ice-cream. Just don't do both at the same time.

im sorry for my bad english my mind is in a state

I need to know
if this is a known thing
or not?

My English would be poor too, believe me I understand: HE MAY HAVE HAVE CHEATED ON YOU!

PS I see nothing and I know nothing.  

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Hi Audriana,

You cannot hide your online status from other members of a group. Severe lag can also affect the timing of the online/offline indicator, both for your friends and for people in groups, but twenty five minutes is a hell of a lot of lag. And finally, I've found the online/offline indicator is sometimes just plain wrong.

If this is stressing you greatly, log off and go for a run or eat some chocolate ice-cream. Just don't do both at the same time.

You are such a good helper, Madelaine.  It's no wonder you have a helper pin.  Maybe one day I will earn one too.

I just don't know why all other groups I searched said offline and just this one group said he was and for 25 mins?

so if he had ticked that box, I wouldn't be able to see him searching for him in groups anyway? is it only other people that would be able to find him in groups?

thank you for the ones helping me, this is real to me and im so sad :(

I just don't know why all other groups I searched said offline and just this one group said he was and for 25 mins?

so if he had ticked that box, I wouldn't be able to see him searching for him in groups anyway? is it only other people that would be able to find him in groups?

thank you for the ones helping me, this is real to me and im so sad

As I said, SL is buggy. It's quite possible that one group is reporting online status incorrectly.

Audriana, hello again, I responded on your other thread.

You really need to follow Maddie's advice - about taking some time out from Second Life, to go and eat chocolate, or something else deliciously distracting from Second Life.

Being in SLove can be quite a ***cliche alert*** rollercoaster ride.  Your love interest might be avoiding you BUT they might love your company, but need you to tone your ardour down. 

I'm in love with I think may have done this to me

they said they had to go

for me it looks like you don't trust him ..if i would find one that suffacates me with "love", controls my ways and thinks i'm cheating when a bug shows online ...well i would tell i had to go too, ánd avoid contact.

ask himself this forum won't answer your questions/doubts ! And perhaps make this drama interesting for us all by asking him posting his view here too...

Hi Audriana

If it can help you, I see everybody's profiles offline when I click on them, even though they are online. It has been so almost a week now.

I don't know if I am imagine things, but it seem like every time there are some holidays going on, SL gets more laggy than usual, and weird things happen. Maybe because of all the extra decoration here and there.

Besides that, you have to refresh the group on the front page, before you really can get an update picture of who is online and who is not.

, I'm nothing but super nice and let him do what he wants to me.

but I don't want to be treated like a door mat.

that super nice thing can people scare off... NOBODY is only nice, and allow everything might make them bored very soon.

We only have your story here, as i said, ask him ...but... as far you describe it yourself he just had to go .. nothing more.

If that's giving this drama already what happens if he really dumps the relationship, step down to rl for a while, make sl optional instead of main subject.

It's just a bug. You cannot hide your onlne status in groups. Even if you check the box next to every single contact you have, if they are in a group with you, they can see your online/offline status (though there are other ways to see if someone is online or not, you asked specifically about groups).

It's entirely possible for one group to say he's online, while all others say he is not. Call it lag, a bug, whatever you want, or whatever makes you feel better.

hi

So you know you can tick the box so people can't see you online right, someone I'm in love with I think may have done this to me

they said they had to go and I've been suspecting something, I searched for him in a group he is in and it said he was online!! I checked other groups they all said offline???

why would one group lag 25mins to register? I know he may read this but its killing me and better than confronting feeling like this.

You've obviously been in SL long enough to know that even when someone signs off, the system takes a while to relay that information to the whole of the grid... why should groups be any less prone to such issues?

And yet, more importantly, why in hell would you want to continue being with someone for whom you apparently hold such distrust?  I mean, honestly, if I found out that my partner, within minutes of me signing off, started searching groups of which I'm a member, with no other thought than to implicate me in devious behavior, I'd dump them like the lunatic they clearly are.

Do your supposed loved one a favor and tell him that you're far too unstable to continue pretending to love him... therefore, allowing him to go find someone who actually, honestly can.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

hi

So you know you can tick the box so people can't see you online right, someone I'm in love with I think may have done this to me

why would one group lag 25mins to register? I know he may read this but its killing me and better than confronting feeling like this.

You've obviously been in SL long enough to know that even when someone signs off, the system takes a while to relay that information to the whole of the grid... why should groups be any less prone to such issues?

And yet, more importantly, why in hell would you want to continue being with someone for whom you apparently hold such distrust?  I mean, honestly, if I found out that my partner, within minutes of me signing off, started searching groups of which I'm a member, with no other thought than to implicate me in devious behavior, I'd dump them like the lunatic they clearly are.

Do your supposed loved one a favor and tell him that you're far too unstable to continue pretending to love him... therefore, allowing him to go find someone who actually, honestly can.

...Dres

Dresden: "If you can't say something nice, at least, try to sound intelligent." 

Hmmm... I do not think the OP made this thread to be called a lunatic, or to hear others opinion or advice about her relationship or her state of mind.

To me it look liked, that she only asked a technical question...

Muletta wrote:

a technical question isn't packed in relationship troubles, possible the attention for her "bad" experience is more what she intended.

Some see what's written differently, that's where forums are for ... when posters expect people only agreeing, don't post here but start a blog without response forms.

Muletta wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

hi

...Dres

Dresden:
"If you can't say something nice, at least, try to sound intelligent." 

Hmmm... I do not think the OP made this thread to be called a lunatic, or to hear others opinion or advice about her relationship or her state of mind.

I did not call the OP a lunatic.  If the OP didn't want people's opinions, then she shouldn't have posted her juvenile rantings on a public forum.

Perhaps you're too naive to understand that all I was trying to do was provide an alternate evaluation concerning her stated dilemma.  As stated, I honestly believe that the best thing she could possibly do is leave the person with which she obviously holds no trust whatsoever.  You can paint me as evil as you wish for stating the obvious... that won't make it any less true.

...Dres

hi

why would one group lag 25mins to register? I know he may read this but its killing me and better than comfronting feeling like this.

All bugs and technical tricks aside - which are not uncommon - ...reading your post makes me understand  the need of  the object of your affection to hide.

Muletta wrote:

I do not think the OP made this thread to be called a lunatic

Let's not be hasty. :matte-motes-whistle:

Whatever the intent, the OP seems to be in such an emotional state that she's not taking seriously the technical advice offered.

And yet this thread must win some sort of award -- for its "heat broken" title if nothing else. (Please tell me the OP uses a Mac!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.