Complaint about the maternity network and a dr so called m d who did not help me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I whent onto the group looking for some one to deliver my baby free because I did not have the lindens this person who has m d at the end of the name got me ejected from the group no one would stick up for me, I was complaining about all the maternity sims being dead no one responds when there online and no one is ever around just because I don't trust the Internet with credit card or bank cards and i did not have the money to pay her she did not help or even try, Al she did was call me cheap, retard and racist and falsy accused me and she doesn't even know anything about me and my baby might be finally delivered. Thay was from a so called Dr attitude plb poor me.

paulinetaylor2015 wrote:

poor me.

if you get so deep in RP it's time to take a little distance... SL isn't real in this way, people can be who they want and when they want..

same as you can be pregnant now, and not in the next 5 minutes ...

take a deep breath, find new ways to live your phantasy.

when you want to join a RP and do everything in it, there's a huge chance it's not free, if you can't pay that, don't join, or find ways so you can earn some money inworld.

If you think qualified doctors should be spending time dealing with RP pregnancy shinanigans then I fully support the idea of you not linking a credit card to Second Life. Such a position would mark someone as clearly detached from reality and anything could happen.

More balanced folks have gotten over their fear of eCommerce long ago. It's normal now, many folks use Amazon or online banking (in some cases, that's now the only option). Fear of the Internet was maybe a defensible excuse in the 1980s and early 1990s, but nowadays there's plenty of activities that are pay-to-play. Not participating is fine, but complaining and attempting to get stuff for free instead is not reasonable. Second Life Pregnancy is an economic activity, being mostly a racket to scam broody-types into buying cheaply-made pink objects.

Given the economic drives behind the pregnancy market, I'm not surprised you were given the short shrift. It sounds like you probably sounded like someone expecting something for free - it's entirely reasonable to kick out freeloaders who bemoan the state of eCommerce while participating in the most demanding mainstream VW platform.

There is no Universal Healthcare in Second Life. :D

You just brought back a fond memory of an hour forever lost:-

I do not know this person, she just IM'd me as we were standing in Stiletto Moody... (name changed)

-- Instant message logging enabled --
[12:03] Immabeggar Lorefield: hi
[12:03] Sassy Romano: hello
[12:04] Immabeggar Lorefield: how are you ?
[12:04] Sassy Romano: good thanks you?
[12:05] Immabeggar Lorefield: ok
[12:05] Immabeggar Lorefield: can i ask a question?
[12:05] Sassy Romano: of course you can :)
[12:06] Immabeggar Lorefield: can i borrow 200l usally i dont ask this but im very desperate i do get paid on monday i will pay it back
[12:06] Sassy Romano: 200 is less than $1 US
[12:08] Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah but i dont use real money
[12:08] Sassy Romano: what do you need it for?
[12:08] Immabeggar Lorefield: im expecting a baby so im short on a nursery
[12:08] Sassy Romano: an SL baby?
[12:09] Immabeggar Lorefield: yep
[12:10] Sassy Romano: if you stick it on the floor, it won't notice
[12:10] Immabeggar Lorefield: huh
[12:10] Sassy Romano: it's not real, it won't notice if you place it on the floor or in a cot
[12:10] Immabeggar Lorefield: i will pay it back
[12:10] Immabeggar Lorefield: can i just borrow it please
[12:12] Sassy Romano: let me consult my therapist...
[12:12] Immabeggar Lorefield: haha
[12:14] Immabeggar Lorefield: so what did your therapist
[12:14] Sassy Romano: not answering yet
[12:15] Sassy Romano: what job do you do?
[12:16] Immabeggar Lorefield: nurse
[12:16] Sassy Romano: in SL I meant?
[12:16] Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah a nurse
[12:17] Sassy Romano: i've been advised that in accordance with the Financial Services Act, in order to consider a loan, I would need to have a full break down of income and expenses
[12:17] Immabeggar Lorefield: so you wanna know what i make
[12:17] Sassy Romano: and expenses
[12:17] Immabeggar Lorefield: ok
[12:18] Immabeggar Lorefield: i make 650 weekly i work weekends
[12:18] Immabeggar Lorefield: only
[12:19] Immabeggar Lorefield: ii dont spend thta much on clothes i usally spend 250 on clothes and shoes
[12:19] Sassy Romano: and how long has prim baby been coming?
[12:19] Immabeggar Lorefield: my baby is due on monday
[12:20] Sassy Romano: you buy it on monday?
[12:20] Immabeggar Lorefield: no
[12:20] Immabeggar Lorefield: i already bought it
[12:20] Immabeggar Lorefield: i give birth on monday
[12:20] Sassy Romano: and how long has it been coming for?
[12:20] Immabeggar Lorefield: 4 weeks
[12:20] Sassy Romano: so in 4 weeks you'd have earned L$2600
[12:21] Immabeggar Lorefield: yes
[12:21] Sassy Romano: and 4 days before you find that you didn't plan 4 weeks of spending?
[12:21] Immabeggar Lorefield: my baby cost 6k
[12:21] Immabeggar Lorefield: ok
[12:22] Immabeggar Lorefield: i just need to borrow 20l
[12:22] Sassy Romano: but what happens to prim baby without the nursery?
[12:22] Immabeggar Lorefield: it has no bed
[12:22] Immabeggar Lorefield: i will pay it back
[12:23] Sassy Romano: and that will affect it how?
[12:23] Immabeggar Lorefield: it will be homeless
[12:23] Immabeggar Lorefield: can i just i borrow 200l
[12:23] Sassy Romano: I can rez a cube and hollow it out if that helps?
[12:23] Immabeggar Lorefield: well can i borrow 200l please
[12:25] Sassy Romano: hold on..
[12:25] Immabeggar Lorefield: kk
[12:25] Inventory item offered
[12:26] Immabeggar Lorefield: thanks but can i borrow 200
[12:26] Sassy Romano: but that's a bed no?
[12:26] Sassy Romano: I just made that for you, it's a gift especially from Auntie Sassy
[12:26] Immabeggar Lorefield: a bed is not the only thing bath tub
[12:26] Immabeggar Lorefield: haha
[12:26] Immabeggar Lorefield: please i will pay you back im just short of 200
[12:27] Sassy Romano: but you don't need 200 now, you have a cot?
[12:27] Sassy Romano: bath tub...hold on...
[12:28] Inventory item offered
12:57] Immabeggar Lorefield: so can i borrow it
[12:57] Sassy Romano: I made a cot and a bath for you, those were your requirements no?
[12:58] Immabeggar Lorefield: yes but can i can borrow 200l it not like im not going to pay you back
[12:58] Sassy Romano: but you have what you need no?
[12:58] Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah but i want a nursery im just short of 200
[12:58] Immabeggar Lorefield: i will pay it back
[12:58] Sassy Romano: what else do you need?
[12:59] Immabeggar Lorefield: sassy thank you for the cot and the bath but im short of 200l i will pay you back i want to buy a scupltie one
[13:00] Sassy Romano: ah but you have to cut your cloth accordingly. See when I moved into my house, all I could afford was a plywood cube but I was happy and used that until I could afford a sofa
[13:00] Immabeggar Lorefield: ok but i will pay you back
[13:01] Sassy Romano: I think the point is being lost... prim baby won't know the difference between a 2 prim cot or a one prim sculpty no?
[13:01] Immabeggar Lorefield: ok i ask can i borrow 200l if it is yes say yes if it is a no then say no
[13:02] Sassy Romano: well... i'm saving you 200 here, this is a good thing. You said you needed it for a cot and a bath, well actually you said a nursery but we identified the actual need. I met the need with gifts and yet that's not working here?
[13:03] Immabeggar Lorefield: like i said i ask for 200
[13:03] Immabeggar Lorefield: i said ill pay you back
[13:03] Sassy Romano: and I met the need saving 200 bonus! :)
[13:03] Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah but im not trying to save can i just borrow it
[13:03] Sassy Romano: but what for? I don't understand?
[13:04] Immabeggar Lorefield: i need it please i will pay it back
[13:04] Sassy Romano: need it for?...
[13:04] Immabeggar Lorefield: cause im trying to save up to 800 i have 340
[13:04] Sassy Romano: but that makes you 460 short?
[13:04] Immabeggar Lorefield: yes
[13:05] Sassy Romano: so even after 200 from me, you won't have enough
[13:05] Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah but it is a start
[13:06] Sassy Romano: but...you don't need to spend 800 now, cos you have what you identified as needing
[13:06] Immabeggar Lorefield: a tummy talker is 800
[13:06] Sassy Romano: but you wanted a nursery not a tummy talker?
[13:06] Immabeggar Lorefield: i want both
[13:07] Sassy Romano: well if you can't *afford* both.... just like RL, what I want and what I can afford are two different things
[13:07] Immabeggar Lorefield: ok well can i borrow 200l please i said a millon times i will pay it back ok
[13:08] Sassy Romano: but you don't need it, it's only a want. Surely the cot upgrade can wait until Monday?
[13:08] Immabeggar Lorefield: ok like i said i dont need a finacal consulted can i borrow 200l
[13:09] Sassy Romano: did you see anything in Stiletto Moody you liked? great shoes eh?
[13:10] Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah there nice
[13:10] Sassy Romano: odd store to be in if you've got other things that demand money?
[13:11] Immabeggar Lorefield: i bought shoes from there today
[13:11] Immabeggar Lorefield: im just short of 200l
[13:11] Immabeggar Lorefield: on a tummy talker
[13:11] Sassy Romano: but wait....if you bought shoes today...why didn't you buy the tummy talker instead?
[13:11] Immabeggar Lorefield: can i just borrow it i told you personal info about my job
[13:12] Immabeggar Lorefield: i didnt know that tummy talkers cost 800
[13:12] Immabeggar Lorefield: i thought they were cheaper
[13:12] Sassy Romano: is it essential? what will happen if you don't have it?
[13:12] Immabeggar Lorefield: i will not be able to give birth
[13:13] Sassy Romano: so in that case then it will wait until Monday yes? If it won't happen until you buy it, there's the solution!
[13:14] Immabeggar Lorefield: nvm then

• Thanks 1

paulinetaylor2015 wrote:

I whent onto the group looking for some one to deliver my baby free because I did not have the lindens this person who has m d at the end of the name got me ejected from the group no one would stick up for me, I was complaining about all the maternity sims being dead no one responds when there online and no one is ever around just because I don't trust the Internet with credit card or bank cards and i did not have the money to pay her she did not help or even try, Al she did was call me cheap, retard and racist and falsy accused me and she doesn't even know anything about me and my baby might be finally delivered. Thay was from a so called Dr attitude plb poor me.

That's the maternity network in SL for you - gone to the dogs. What kind of 'professional' turns away a heavily pregnant woman just because she's a little light of pocket? Would never have happened in 2009.

Most of these so-called SL 'doctor's are very lazy - they spend all day playing fish hunt or visiting brothels instead of looking after patients, and then have the nerve to call others 'racist'.

KurtisWahwah wrote:

That's the maternity network in SL for you - gone to the dogs. What kind of 'professional' turns away a heavily pregnant woman just because she's a little light of pocket? Would never have happened in 2009.

Most of these so-called SL 'doctor's are very lazy - they spend all day playing fish hunt or visiting brothels instead of looking after patients, and then have the nerve to call others 'racist'.

same advice as i gave OP, take a little break, try to connect to RL again.

Starting about racism in a post about a phantasy pregnancy setting shows you lost reality even more than the first part of your post shows.

Why not just RP a homebirth and have a "friend" deliver your baby?

It's not a difficult concept. No one else "owes" anyone RP, so to expect a "professional doctor"(who likely gets paid to act as such) to give you *your* rp for free, is just stupid. It gets even worse when you have the cajones to complain about people not giving you what you want, when you want it, completely free. Then again I don't want this to become yet another discussion fo free stuff and others' expectations of said free stuff :P 

There's nothing at all wrong with rp-ing your conception, pregnancy, birth, being a parent..whatever tickles your pickle. There is somethign wrong with expecting everyone else to join in, on your terms, though. I have sl, yes prim, babies(and older toddlers/kids) myself..never once expected others to act in that rp with me, for free, lol. In fact, some were born right at home, like magic. ;) 

Tari Landar wrote:

Why not just RP a homebirth and have a "friend" deliver your baby?

It's not a difficult concept. No one else "owes" anyone RP, so to expect a "professional doctor"(who likely gets paid to act as such) to give you *your* rp for free, is just stupid. It gets even worse when you have the cajones to complain about people not giving you what you want, when you want it, completely free. Then again I don't want this to become yet another discussion fo free stuff and others' expectations of said free stuff
:P

There's nothing at all wrong with rp-ing your conception, pregnancy, birth, being a parent..whatever tickles your pickle. There is somethign wrong with expecting everyone else to join in, on your terms, though. I have sl, yes prim, babies(and older toddlers/kids) myself..never once expected others to act in that rp with me, for free, lol. In fact, some were born right at home, like magic.
;)

I swear at least half the posts in this forum are from people who think they are entitled to benefit from the time, effort, skill, or knowledge of others. For free. 

Really?  You expect someone, (who is NOT a RL doctor) to use their time in SL to give you free services? I bet you had the money to pay for a prim baby and probably all the stuff you need for it, such as baby furniture and supplies for the little darling.

Not wanting to use a credit or bank card to buy Lindens because you are scared is YOUR choice.  The consequence for the choice you made is not getting goods and services that you have to pay for.  No one in the group 'stuck up' for you because they all pay and don't see why you should get off for free.

If you think you are entitled to anything other than what LL gives you, you're in the wrong place.

have money and dont know ther person you shouldnt bad mouth them and If I was a dr or md I wouldnt go on sl and ask to be paid for my services when im all ready on 24/7 on call in the md department geting paid thats just silly rl comes first ad If I was a md my md job is more important than sl. money is not important life is.

paulinetaylor2015 wrote:

If I was a dr or md I wouldnt go on sl and ask to be paid for my services when im all ready on 24/7 on call in the md department geting paid thats just silly rl comes first ad If I was a md my md job is more important than sl. money is not important life is.

second life IS NOT real life

a second life MD is NOT a RL MD

in SL it is totally normal, as it is in RL to PAY for services.

there services say there professtional and there not they get hired they dont know what there doing they dont respond when there imed they act greedy not who they are in rl and a dr I throught was supposed to do harm to none. and help no matter the cost, anyone can say there certified but where is the proof. you would have to show it on your profile.

I would love to be a dr. eith the right training but never had that chance.

paulinetaylor2015 wrote:

have money and dont know ther person you shouldnt bad mouth them and If I was a dr or md I wouldnt go on sl and ask to be paid for my services when im all ready on 24/7 on call in the md department geting paid thats just silly rl comes first ad If I was a md my md job is more important than sl. money is not important life is.

PWD ?

1.  Anyone who gets paid is professional, whether their work is good, bad, or indifferent.

2.  I'm entirely certain that the Hippocratic Oath is not applicable in SL, even if the individual roleplaying a doctor is a real doctor in real life.

3.  I'm rather inclined to think it was more than a lack of opportunity that has kept you out of the medical field in rl.  That said, go ahead and be a doctor in sl; no one can stop you.

I'm trying to decide if this is trolling or someone extending her role play into the forums.

Let's go with the latter for interest. Pam, you do housewares so grab some towels. Sassy is in charge of cutting prims as needed. Alwin can boil water. Amethyst, Freya and Pixieplumb will be lead midwives and the rest of us will crowd around getting in the way. Someone needs to faint at the sight of blood and another person needs to get hysterical. Oh wait, the mum to be already has that covered.

All set? Let's do this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.