Community Manager

Project Bento Feedback Thread

Hello,

This thread is for your feedback regarding Project Bento. For more technical input, please file a JiRA

Re: Project Bento Feedback Thread

Reply to Linden Lab - view message

Excellent news! Any idea when will we be able to download the new av skeleton? Also, is there any additional documentation as of yet?

Honored Resident
0 Kudos

Is there any possibility that genitalia will be included? Whether one likes it or not, sexual expression forms a significant chunk of Second Life for many people. Personally, I would like to see the mesh rigged to provide options for male and female genitalia, and be independent of the main body physionomy selection so that those who identify as intersex can shape their avatar to suit themselves.

Honored Resident

[ Edited ]

Reply to Oz Linden - view message

Hello, 

You can go here: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Project_Bento_Testing#Test_Content

and make sure you are logged in to download the example files.

Exosius

Topics: 2
Kudos: 33
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Reply to Rhiannon Tamerlane - view message

Genitalia is presently handled fantastically by mesh attachment points ~  I don't think an extra bone is really needed for your "bone".

Edit: we really need an FBX file or something of the new skeleton~  Someone forgot to post it / append it in the information thread.

Topics: 23
Kudos: 104
0 Kudos

I can't wait to try this out once the skeleton is posted! This is one of the features I've been waiting for the longest.

SL Mesh Video Tutorials: All SL Mesh Videos | SL Rigged Clothing Series
Topics: 2
Kudos: 33
0 Kudos

So~ uhm!! ~~   Oz!

You haven't even released the skeleton and already I'm coming up with ways to improve this project!

But ~  I really really think this will help SL enter a new era / age.

Make the SL Default Avatar an "Unwearable" Inventory item.

Resident

Feature Request: I want to be able to upload a Project Bento skeleton rigged mesh "avatar", and then rez it out in-world, drop in a script/animation, and watch the mesh object play the animation before my eyes.

This feature would enable more realistic creatures that are far less taxing on the viewer/land/etc.

I know this is not exactly the place to request such features but it's very relevant. If someone from Linden Lab is reading this - please let us have "non-avatar, skeleton rigged objects in-world that can be animated via script". It would allow content creators to make a product that people would actually join second life to use. This is good for everyone.

The current trick to animating mesh is showing/hiding texture faces, this means that the object is sometimes 8-16x the amount of geometry it needs to be.

Playing around with the show/hide method, I found it often slowed my framerate to a crawl.

The alternative is using sculpts, or a sculpt-mesh hybrid, and positioning/rotating each object within the linkset as fast as you possibly can to make it look like it's smoothly animated, but often comes out jagged and rough.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Blog Posts: 0
0 Kudos

Can't download the file if access isn't set properly. Could you fix it please?

e5c227ea7e872b2e75ab8e9130e89647

♪┏((= ̄(エ) ̄=))┛

www.kitsuneshan.com