Shock! Horror! Instant deliveries?

Zanara Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my own standpoint, the numbers would be more consistent with a slightly different interpretation....

All orders shown now go through immediately because orders which do not process immediately now no longer even show as ordered.

I suppose this is an improvement in terms of being less confusing.

But if it were up to me, I'd rather just have the orders deliver later, rather than have them systematically stealth-canceled if they don't process quickly.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

ok, well glad I could help you out with that, by tweeting it all day long and calling attention for you, after it sat there for months.

I guess I'll have to manage the shopping cart failures that happening right now as we speak, alone.

I don't use Twitter or any of those other things so I never saw any of that but I do use JIRA, I know that's LL's tool for input to software change.

What's the JIRA link to the shopping cart failures?

Well it needs more watchers and they'll likely respond with "need more information".

Might be an idea to include customer names, or order numbers, dates of each transaction, products, where the magic boxes are, how many, timings of transactions etc.

While that may or may not be important, I can assure you that "needs more information" is the simplest response as it means no extra work due to insufficient evidence.  Anecdotal information is rarely acted upon when it comes to software and reproducability is prime.

Not a criticism, just intended to be helpful advice.

Ziggy21 Slade wrote:

I would like to say a massive thank you to Zanara for the excellent work she put in on this. Great Job !

Also Sassy and Darrius who proverbally banged Linden heads together with their comments in the Jira yesterday.

What are we targetting next? 

Thanks Ziggy :) And yeah thanks to Sassy for helping publicise it to death and to both SR and Darrius for brainy input and everyone else who contributed useful info.

I'm very disappointed, Zanara, yes.

Had no idea that helping out would end up this way.

Trying to get LL to address something is one thing, but battling merchants who just can't wait to see your business go under is yet another thing.

I helped you get watches and votes on that by promoting daily.  I raised hell on twitter.  (in a subtle type way)

And I came in here and raised issue again.

You got what you wanted, and you poke fingers now?  Those who are having shopping cart failures are SOL?  and as a merchant you do not care?

Amazing.

Sassy - I just spent two weeks of time trying to get people to that Jira.

I wish someone had just stated clearly - get your ass out of my Jira and start your own.

I have no idea what the animosity is about here.  Can't pinpoint that at all.

I guess I'll have to start all over or just make it a practice to hand deliver all day long, I suppose. 

Judging from the cooperation in this forum, I imagine that Jira attempt will be complete fail as well.

Just for future reference....

Why did you not say something, when you saw others struggling in that Jira with shopping cart failures?

Why did you not say something when you saw me directing shopping cart failures to your Jira and that thread I started here?

Why would you not say that is not what you were talking about?

Even a brief message inworld or something?

I prefer to preserve what semblance of sanity I have left rather than accelerate the the degradation process by collaborating in the messy hell hole they call a Jira. The whole Jira system is a confused farce and a PR con created to make it look as if LL are paying heed to bug reports whilst systematically  doing what they have always done - mainly , address those issues they feel like dealing with. I've observed over the years that the best way to get LL to react to a problem is to kick up an unholy stink everywhere else - so that it is both embarrassing and impossible for them to ignore. The quicker the Jira farce is  disassembled the better - but I won't be holding my breath for that.

^L^

DONT ALL GET SO EXCITED.......

At 1:27am slt my friend bought from MP via Shopping Cart with multiple items (5) from multiple merchants.  All the items are dollarby items.  The money was taken already... as u can see the TX details

02/04/2012 01:27:24 5ee076d0  Destination: Commerce Linden
MKT2 Item Purchase
Description: Order #1289388545
L$13

It is now 2:15am SLT (updated the time on this post as i kept wating) and none of the items have showed up.  She said..."it will time out like it has on Jan 25th and Jan 30th." 

And it might end up timing out - gave up waiting... but INSTANT DELIVERY??..... sorry folks...  seems the late night delviery delay is still alive and well on MP.

Well I did say I wouldn't believe it has been fixed until we are told that something was actually done.

We're back to the regular scheduled delays so whatever competing process failed to run last night, has now been restarted.

This is easy to address, it'll just take 30 mins of a Junior IT admin to look at the logs for the tasks that didn't run last night.

Do eeeeeeeeeet!

I can confirm that they defixed the fix, or found the cord that was accidentally unplugged yesterday.

Bought 3 items at separate times, no cart involved, different merchants. The first started at 12:50am toke 20 minits, the second one at 1:10am toke 40 mins, and the last one... i stopped counting.

So i'm gonna back to buy inworld, which means i will buy less and have less time to visit more intresting places than shops, and at the end i will ask myself if i'm going to SL just for shopping or what :( 

P.S.: If Direct Delivery still will have the same bug... will they at least change the name to Deferred Delivery?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.