The look : TWENTY TWELVE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Ariel!;) I also wish i have a better computer now. Shadows effects is still borke with Macs ("loosing anti aliasing").

I took this photo in Medium graphic settings with atmospheric shaders *OFF, camera zoom 6x (control + 0), draw distance 60+, anistropic filtering ON, and anti aliasing set to max. Then i edited andmade some correction in PS and adobe Light Room.  I think you can get a decent photo in an average graphics card  ;)  

Wow, you look gorgeous, Tako; I especially love the realistic detail in your eyes. Beautiful.

My "look" for 2012 is actually to not have a look at all, heh. For the first two years of being in SL I changed my avi very little, and it's only lately that I've gone in all directions at once. I haven't decided yet if this is the equivalent of an SL midlife-crisis or just an excuse to shop more. :smileyvery-happy:

faun.jpg

float.jpg

ponydel.jpg

In this last one, I'm the horse, not the rider. :smileywink: I bought this avi a while ago purely to take photos of, but received so many compliments on it (and ohmahgah, it's fast/fun to explore sims in!) that I've been wearing it... less closeted-ly. Hee.

Mine starts to twitch as soon as I turn basic shaders on. I can do fine on Medium (in Phoenix; haven't tried much with anything v2-based) IF I have basic shaders off. As soon as I turn them on SL starts to look like a jerky, slow motion slide show.

I'll have to try what you mentioned, though, and see if I can get something decent out of it. Thanks!

Same look I've had for a while now. New-er skin(don't remember when I bought it, but it was sometime in the summer, and before that I had the same skin since 08), and though I spent a portion of '11 as a blonde, I went with black hair this time.

I rarely change things so I'm quite sure I'll look this way for a while, lol. Not that it's anything to write home about. I avoided a full body pic because I refuse to wear shoes and people hate system feet, don't wanna give nightmares :P

(too lazy to actual post process the photo, and no clue why the pants texture isn't loading right, sl doesn't like me tonight)

tari.png

Aww, thank you so much, Charlotte. The horse avi actually has a gorgeously-animated AO, which makes galloping around awfully fun. For Xmas I was pulling a sleigh-load of friends' around some winter sims. :smileyvery-happy:

@Heart: You look beautiful. I was about to fawn over your hair and ask where it's from, but see you've already shared skin/shape info lol. Have you considered starting a style blog? :smileytongue:

Hi Kobuk, never thought about starting a style blog, but I might consider it. :-) The hair is from !Diva I think. I'm not inworld right now, but will correct it if it's not right when I do go in. They have a small shop and very reasonably priced hair. If you IM me inworld I can send you the LM. And thank you for the compliment! :-)

Heart

You're too sweet, Heart. I won't be inworld again until next week as I'm traveling RL atm, otherwise I'd be pleading in your IM for the LM. I did just do a search on Marketplace and they really do have some adorable hair though-- with beautifully textured ribbons/flower accessories too.

I'm thinking my look will be changing again next week, after seeing some of the posts in this thread. ;)

You're welcome, Kobuk :-) The textures can also be changed, or worn without the accessories which makes them one of my favorites! Awww, that's too bad that you have to wait until next week to shop but I do understand RL commitments, they do seem to interfere with our SL, don't they? LOL. Send me an IM when you DO get inworld and I'll be more then happy to send it to you. Have a great weekend!

Heart

How much do you charge as a personal stylist, Heart? ;p

I've always wanted to try a darker skin but demos I wear just look odd with the shapes/hair I have. This is why my resolution for 2012 is to diversify my avi with... well, a little more than the hottest, most exquisite selection of boots and gowns on the grid. ;)

Happy weekend to you too!

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

How much do you charge as a personal stylist, Heart? ;p

I've always wanted to try a darker skin but demos I wear just look odd with the shapes/hair I have. This is why my resolution for 2012 is to diversify my avi with... well, a little more than the hottest, most exquisite selection of boots and gowns on the grid.
;)

Happy weekend to you too!

you can keep the lighter skins and just get tattoo layers to change the shades..you can use them with any skin..so the darker the tone the darker you can be beyond that tone as well if you wanted..

and there are things you can do that enhance being a darker tone..but there are a few things to look out for..things will stand out more where some things will just get buried by the tone..

i've been dark toned since i came to sl back in 2006..

a lot depends on if you are wanting to look tanned or an ethnic tone change..both can be fun to play around with..

just being tanned is much easier to work with than an ethnic tone look where you have to really take into account all the features..it depends on how far you feel you want to take them really..

i think your wanting to try many different looks is something you will find exciting..

i do that by my moods all the time..it can be a rush if you really get into it..

but i never quit my main look..i always keep the one i really love  lol the rest are just barbie time hehehehe

I'm always willing to share any ideas i have or places that will help with certain looks or maybe if you ever wanted an opinion on something..

i've been pretty versatile during a lot of my sl with different looks..i think it's because  the shopping is so good that i just can't help but dipping into a lot of looks lol

Aaaanyways..i'm just offering another open channel if you want it..i love helping with these kinds of things..

and if you like you can have a look at my flickr..it may give you some ideas for some different looks that you may like as well..or maybe inspire you to make a total different one..

any items you see on there like hair or skins or outfits or whatever..just drop an IM and i will be happy to find the link for you =)

us multi taskers have to stick together!! \o/ hehehehe

here are a few of mine from 2011..

nothing too dramatic..

my Lisa left eye tribute...this one i actually used a tone layer on because i could not find the skin in a darker tone that fit me..

Expression2.png

my wild wild west Apache gun slinger girl

5640946811_c0d7c9767d_b.jpg

death to spammer race 2011biker girl

5378039894_9ef56efba8_b.jpg

just hanging out sitting on my bike watching the sun come out

wild.jpg

2012 is gonna be such a good year for new and exciting looks..Mesh is really gonna open a lot of doors for us..i can't wait ..maybe this weekend i'll do some shopping and have something before the weekend is out..

i can't wait to see everyone elses looks that show up in this thread..you all look beautiful..what a great start for the new year..=)

Huggles to all *winks* \o/

Ceka, you're my hero already-- I didn't know tone tatts existed! Can I ask what viewer you're using though, since Firestorm still goes into grumpy bake-fail for me sometimes if I try to wear multiple tattoo layers?

I have to say  your avatar really is stunning though. It's exactly the sort of cool look I absolutely hopelessly can't pull off, rofl. My avi has always been more to the short-n-dorky side, which is frustrating at times because I end up with a stockpile of glamerous or rough/edgy type clothes that made my heart flip when I saw them in the store, but when I wear them myself... just make me look as if I got dressed in my great-aunt's closet in the dark without knowing she'd once been a lady of ill repute. :}

It would be fun to get a small group together to go shopping inworld sometime. I have a feeling there're an awful lot of good stores/items I have no idea about. :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.