A Course of Action

Dresden Ceriano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Under the We Moderate at our Discretion section of the Community Guidelines it reads:

We evaluate posts on a case-by-case basis and take into account the severity of the conduct and any history of past violations. Although we will make reasonable efforts to take into consideration the context and general sentiment of the blog or forum discussions, the actions taken (or not taken) by Linden Lab and our moderators are at our sole discretion, and we may act without warning or explanation. We provide the discussion areas of our sites as a service to Residents, and we will take the actions we deem appropriate to keep our sites a productive and enjoyable environment for all Residents.

It says nothing about appealing the decision or how one would do that.  However,  reading the bolded bit it seems a bit far-fetched to think that someone would be full-on permabanned from the forum without factoring in these things.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Maybe the forum feedback forum would be a good place to inquire further?  I would like to know, for example, what kind of offenses are considered bannable, and esp permabannable.  I assume the latter would be completely beyond the pale, right?

One can only surmise. LL certainly wouldn't perma-ban someone for something frivolous.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Maybe the forum feedback forum would be a good place to inquire further?  I would like to know, for example, what kind of offenses are considered bannable, and esp permabannable.  I assume the latter would be completely beyond the pale, right?

One can only surmise. LL certainly wouldn't perma-ban someone for something frivolous.

...Dres

Well they certainly pull posts and threads for seemingly frivolous things with no notice or explanation. Banning is but a short jump from there.

I don't know the person, Celestial, that you all are talking about. However, what little I have seen of the hyperactive and silly reasoning behind some things, while allowing spamming to go on and even manufacturing it themselves. I dunno. 

I measure the lifespan of this post to be in the matter of minutes.

I sent a message to the Moderator who made the decision; in the past he's dealt with me and a minor violation, and seems a reasonable person. However, this may be the very last thing I ever do on the forums, so it was nice knowing y'all :matte-motes-grin:

And if only to be hung for a sheep than a lamb, I watched as the last of the Lindens/mods disappeared from the list of online forum users, and right on cue, in came the regular spammer.  It's beyond a joke now.

Edited to add: Anyone going to the Community Tools User Group scheduled for this Thursday?

Can it be Celestial's cognitive abilities are too far above those of the other forumists and moderators to be considered ignorable? In that case only a permaban can help keeping the intelligence level here on the regarded low standard. What will the noobs think of us when they are so badly overburdened with the pesky thinking process? LL needs them noobies badly, so SL needs them badly, so WE do need them badly.

Intelligent and independent thinkerers like Celestial are nothing but handbrakes in the way of progress. So they must be removed, once and for all.

You'll see her permaban is only in your own best interest.

/me cashes in the bribe money from LL's secret service and goes shopping, whooohooo \o/

I've only had one dealing with one moderator (well back when we had the old Resident Answers forum a few years ago I had routine run ins with one mod........a Linden.  But that is ancient history :) ).  If it was the mod that I dealt with I doubt it was for frivilous stuff...he was quite clear in his problem with my actions and told me that continuing what I was doing would result in some form of official moderating........he PM'd me, was polite and the tone (though I disagreed with his accessment of my actions) was understanding but very firm.  I understood his point and only hope he understood mine.........I quit doing what I was doing and he has not PM'd me again.  So I feel it was a mutual "agree to disagree" thing and all is well again.

We don't know the facts.  I certainly don't know Celestial's side and I know I'll never learn LL's side.  It's best to let Celestial and LL to hammer this one out.  We, at best, will only get one side of the story.........a bias side to boot.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Edited to add: Anyone going to the Community Tools User Group scheduled for this Thursday?

I sent a PM to Rodvik.  Yes, I will attend the CTUG *IF* there is a Linden attending who can explain some things and take decisions.  Jeremy and Rand are nice fellas but they are not in roles where they can do what might be asked.

ETA:  NOTE:  The CTUG time has been changed to 11AM SLT and there will be a 'special Linden' attending.

Yes, I will be there.

I have added an agenda topic.

Just Wow..Celest has been around for a long long time..I can't believe she did something so bad that it would perma ban her..

Sorry but that just stinks..she is a big value to the forums..she always has been..

if for some freakish rare reason she had a moment out of all those years of being here..it was long overdue..

I always enjoyed reading what she had to say..

Sorry but she deserves better treatment than this from LL..i think anyone with that  kind of experience and that is a help around here shouldn't be just blipped out like that..

this is part of the LL support system as well..if it were not for the forums and people like celest and the others that have been around learning so much about it..LL's phones would blow up from overheating with lack of support far worse than it is now..

now they just made it worse..

it's a real shame..

i don't know what happened..but whatever it was a perma ban was way too much for how much she has given back ..

use the cool off bans first LL ..not the heavy hand on people that have had your back  the whole time..

thats my opinion..

Venus Petrov wrote:

I sent a PM to Rodvik.  Yes, I will attend the CTUG *IF* there is a Linden attending who can explain some things and take decisions.  Jeremy and Rand are nice fellas but they are not in roles where they can do what might be asked.

ETA:  NOTE:  The CTUG time has been changed to 11AM SLT and there will be a 'special Linden' attending.

Yes, I will be there.

I have added an
topic.

Thanks for the extra information, and good that you added the item to the agenda. 

Yes, I agree, Rand and Jeremy are probably very nice fellas, but we on the forums are generally nice people, doing what we do, because we enjoy our SL and want other people to feel the same way too, and we deserve some honesty, and less BS.

I've seen far too many good people become jaded on these forums, and leave. SL could be so much better (we all know this, but LL don't grasp it somehow).

@ Ceka. You expressed my thoughts about this issue perfectly.  I may not have known Celestiall on a personal level, but certainly on these forums I always get a good vibe from her.

LL will run out of feet to shoot themselves in one day.

Becoming militant to criticism only makes the Lab and the current forum administration look more foolish and they can't afford to be making themselves look more foolish. They are at the bottom now in that regard.

To Celestiall's credit she terminated her premium status on 2 of her accounts and gave up her Linden homes and her mainland parcels. As she stated to me, if the Lab hold the customers of SL in such low regard then there is nothing to do but for us to reciprocate. 

Fill Rodvik's twitter box full of your outrage.

Reinstate Celestiall Nightfire. Now!

http://www.pserendipitydaniels.blogspot.com/

Ummmmm... I just checked my email and I had a message from an inworld person that I don't know telling me it was BS that I didn't know who Celestial is and accusing me of being some person I've never heard of. It is the stranger's mention of the banned poster Celestial in the inworld rant that brings me to post an exclamatory post in this thread.

Yeah yeah, I muted the idiot but gee whiz. Welcome to the Forum, I guess.  watchdrama8jm.gif

@Derek Thanks to the link to the blog. Interesting spot. I look forward to reading more of it. I see others making comments that are mirroring my own thoughts on the things I know about. I've been looking at various SL related blogs lately. other than my regular fashion feeds. I'll add this to my list.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Yes, I will be there.

I have added an
topic.

Thanks for the extra information, and good that you added the item to the agenda. 
@ Ceka. You expressed my thoughts about this issue perfectly.  I may not have known Celestiall on a personal level, but certainly on these forums I
always
get a good vibe from her.

LL will run out of feet to shoot themselves in one day.

i never met her in world..i only know her from the forums..but the forums are also half of my sl...these are the people that i was looking up to and learning from when i first came to the forums the day after i joined sl and found them..

RA was so fast that it was like having a conversation they were so good at handing out the answers..

i mean you could post and refresh and bam you were back in world doing the fix..

them perma banning her is like them perma banning Void  or any of the others that  are on that level of enlightenment when it comes to SL..

they are the guru's around here,,,and not many of them are left..they are rare..when each one goes away like this or decides to leave for whatever reason..it really is a blow and a loss of a lot of knowledge that is really needed in this community..

i'm just in awe about it..

it's taken the wind right out of my sail..

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Ummmmm... I just checked my email and I had a message from an inworld person that I don't know telling me it was BS that I didn't know who Celestial is and accusing me of being some person I've never heard of. It is the stranger's mention of the banned poster Celestial in the inworld rant that brings me to post an exclamatory post in this thread.

Yeah yeah, I muted the idiot but gee whiz. Welcome to the Forum, I guess.  
watchdrama8jm.gif

No fair... I never got one of those... I miss out on all the fun stuff.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Ummmmm... I just checked my email and I had a message from an inworld person that I don't know telling me it was BS...

Next time I'm inworld I will IM you Dres with all sorts of silly rants. Will that help? I'm happy to do it! :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Yes, I will be there.

I have added an
topic.

I'm making a point to be there, though I wouldn't be surprised at all if this "special Linden guest" takes up the whole meeting talking instead of listening.

...Dres

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Ellyn Elan wrote:

Ummmmm... I just checked my email and I had a message from an inworld person that I don't know telling me it was BS...

Next time I'm inworld I will IM you Dres with all sorts of silly rants. Will that help? I'm happy to do it! :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Sweety, you can rant sillily at me in IM all you wish.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.