A Course of Action

Dresden Ceriano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I had a Twitter account, I'd post to Rod there. I have however posted to his online profile about this, which is perhaps almost as public.

This is all beginning to make the dire predictions of many who left these forums come true: it is evidently hazardous to venture an opinion here.

If SL has ANY regard or concern for the well-being of these forums -- not to mention any interest in integrity and fair-dealing -- they will reinstate Celestiall immediately. 

Scylla Rhiadra wrote:

If I had a Twitter account, I'd post to Rod there. I have however posted to his online profile about this, which is perhaps almost as public.

This is all beginning to make the dire predictions of many who left these forums come true: it is evidently hazardous to venture an opinion here.

If SL has ANY regard or concern for the well-being of these forums -- not to mention any interest in integrity and fair-dealing -- they will reinstate Celestiall immediately. 

I made this statement yesterday and my post got whacked.  This is beyond pathetic.    

I think they are back to the software moderation of a year ago.  I got 3 or 4 posts taken down and I was in no way demeaning to LL or the mods.  Tough job moderation is with such a high strung, temperamental user base.  Software don't work, and part time moderation doesn't work........next step is closing it all down (except for Answers and the sub sections in that area).  How many times have LL told us very bluntly that there are plenty of third party forums for discussions unrelated to how to use SL.  The never liked the fourums and only provide them because we al scream that it's their duty and obligation to provide them....I think they disagree.

The spam needs to go but until LL gets real forum software and stops insisting that blog ware is good enough the spam will continue.  I don't see that happening so we'll have to live with it........or, if you can't live with it, go somewhere else.  I just report it (when I get fed up with it) and slug it out until it goes away the next moring.......all to start over around 4 pm SLT again.  What you going to do?  Get pissed off and get banned?

People complain uselessly about this place -- and lord knows I've been one of them -- because they care about it, and about the community that we've created here. You know that, Peggy: you're an integral part of it.

Frankly, companies shell out big bucks to nurture the kind of thing that SL residents have created gratis here. LL is nuts not to recognize the value of this kind of place: it represents the sort of social media environment that they are so desperately attempting to foster using the newish online profiles. Killing it through poor moderation, whatever its origin, is just dumb. 

I really do not understand what you people are all complaning about since although I did not see the post that got the miscreant permabanned I am sure that it was redolent with hatred for Vampires who are as everyone knows the sweetest beings to be found in Second Life and even more hatred for the misunderstood and hardworking moderation team and its new leader who are taking wonderful new initiatives to engender a little spirit in these dilapidated forums.

Bravado I say to the actions of these guardians of moral might! Bravado for executing their duties so fearlessly in removing from these forums someone who might have been considered a noisome plague since she joined, offering unacceptably thoughtful opinions in a manner which the less discriminating might consider "civilised". It's just as well the mods can see through that sort of deceptive sarcasm, isn't it!

So let that be a lesson to all you other posters who contribute views that do not conform with the marketing strategy of LL. Your transparent desires for education, information and entertainment, in contravention of the final paragraph of the Community Guidelines, must be constrained, or retribution will be exacted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.