Do you wear Hats?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Ah, yes....I remember all that hoopla involving Mouse World.  Wonder if he got shutdown or voluntarily closed, anyone know?

I know cause  I was there when it happened, basically he just could not keep up payments (Mouse World took ip three entires sims with prim limits maxed out)

as far as I'm aware Disney is aware of these sims but since they do not make a profit they're considered fan sites (the owners of Magicland work at RL:Disneyland)  besides it's basically free advertising for them

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn Morani wrote:

OK, here is the scoop. We are going to the virtual Happiest Place on Earth!

Date/Time:
Tentatively planned for
tonight
at 7 PM SLT.

The exact location is still TBD. Prior to 7 PM I will check out all of the Disney-themed sims that Jesica mentioned (I've been to Magicland, but not the others) and will report back here which one I think is most suitable (with slurl) based on attractions, lag, etc.

Rules:
(Safety first; we can't have a field trip without rules!)

1. There are no chaperones, so we'll be on the buddy system. Find a buddy to keep up with and if anyone gets lost, we'll meet back up in front of the castle.
  2. Don't forget your sunscreen. You'll be so busy having fun that you may not realize you're getting burned to a crisp.
  3. Bring your own L$ for souvenirs and snacks. That's what you get an allowance for, isn't it?
  4. Horseplay, consumption of alcoholic beverages, and butt pinching are strictly at your own risk.
  5. Wearing of mouseketeer ears is optional, not required.
  6. Have fun!

/me sprinkles pixie dust and sings (offkey, but you won't notice because of the pixie dust) ♪♫ It's a world of laughter, a world of tears, it's a world of hopes and a world of fears, there's so much that we share that it's time we're aware, it's a small world after all ♫♪

The final verdict is Magicland for tonight's outing! 7 PM SLT. Here is the SLurl:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bracket/254/126/27

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

I love to wear hats! I actually enjoy editing my hair too. Weird huh.

jackihat2_001.png

Not at all weird. Even as a noob I was unhappy with hats. I saw people with much more knowledge than I just sitting them on top of their hair and living with it, but it always bugged me. I like hats too, and they should be worn right! I have a short hairdo that I found that works perfect for hats. I hadn't actually thought of editing hair; I"m sure I have some that are mod. Would be nice to wear a hat with long hair now and then.

Nice look.

Jesica Dragovar wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Ah, yes....I remember all that hoopla involving Mouse World.  Wonder if he got shutdown or voluntarily closed, anyone know?

I know cause  I was there when it happened, basically he just could not keep up payments (Mouse World took ip three entires sims with prim limits maxed out)

as far as I'm aware Disney is aware of these sims but since they do not make a profit they're considered fan sites (the owners of Magicland work at RL:Disneyland)  besides it's basically free advertising for them

Thanks for the info Jesica...yes, the place was huge to upkeep, but he seemed adamant at the time.

That was a load of fun and a great time, ty Quinn. Keli I think Maddy was enjoying the music to much to misbehave.

An awful lot of time an effort was obviously spent on this sim and we braved the lag well. I would love to see LL put a little more server horsepower behind sims designed for public attendance. Everyone would benefit from it.

I bought three hat's, sighs.:)

My-Coffee.gif

I keep thinking about our outing last night and I just have to comment on how well done Magicland is. There is a lot of time and effort and love of all things Disney that went into creating that place. The attention to detail is really magnificent, and the number of attractions they have managed to duplicate is astounding. We were there for well over two hours and I still don't think we saw everything. I am a big fan of Disney (annual passholder more often than not), and it was such a pleasure to share that last night with some of my SL friends. It really was like a day in the park with them.

In my "research" for this event, I also went to Wedcot, which is the SL version of Epcot. Again, very well done. In Wedcot, I could point out to you the spot where my family and I sit in the China pavilion in RL Epcot to watch the chinese acrobats, the bench on the rotunda of the America pavilion where we sit when my RL brother-in-law sings, and the red phone booth in the UK pavilion where we always stuff the kids for pictures.

I think our next event should be to check out Wedcot. I'll be the tour guide. :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.