What do you love about autumn?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

YAY!!  It's that time again....

apples_001.png

Apple-picking time :)

Just one of the fun things I love to do in the fall.  We have a local apple orchard, here in my hometown, that has THE BEST Apple Spice donuts imaginable...I'm glad they are a seasonal thing, otherwise I would be huge, lol.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Arizona, Autumn in RL means no more 115 degree days...YAY!

In SL, it means an end to the summer slump and my sales go up which in turn drives me to create more which I have been doing.  I love to create more then anything in SL but when sales are slow, I'm not so motivated to put out new stuff.

I love the fall more then anytime of year.

In SL i always have summer in my home. But some trees i keep in autumn colors just to bring more different colors to my forest.

In RL i like the colors on the trees and harvesting stuff from my garden. I have already harvested lots of catnip seeds and morning glory seeds. And morning glories are still flowering so more seeds on the way.

RL autumn also make me lil bit sad. It means winter is coming. I like winter, but here in finland it is way too long. In my panic i have wild plans. Im tempted to buy some modern growlights and keep growing stuff indoors trough the winter. idk

Me too, Chelsea...my favorite time :)

I live in the midwest and although we don't get as hot as you, I look forward to the break in the heat and getting out my sweaters and start cuddling :matte-motes-inlove:

As for a slump in sales, I've been doing my part in that.  I've spent more money in the past week than I have all summer in SL...here's hoping for a raise for everyone!

Liisa, trees are starting to change here already...we're going a little further up north to Michigan over this coming holiday weekend and I'm really looking forward to it...gorgeous color up there.

In SL, I just know went nuts with the fall colors re-doing my parcel :)  Will have to post a pic soon.

Good idea about the growlights :matte-motes-nerdy:

Autumn in rl(well end of Summer into Autumn) means back to school time, which means box day(supplies come) for us since we homeschool. Those are always great fun. As is lessons outside, instead of inside, lots of nature walks and fun exploration. Less humidity and less 90+ degree days, nothing compared to others living in hotter climates, but hot enough for me that's for sure. Cool breezes in the evenings with that crisp air smell all around mixed with the smell of the foliage changing. People always tell me I'm weird for that one, but I can tell the difference in the air. We live right on the lake too, so the air changes because of that.

One thing I really don't like about it is the mosquitos come out full force, earlier and earlier.

Autumn in SL means pretty much everything everyone else already said, lol. Sales pick back up, the Autumn stuff becomes desired, Halloween supplies go out and start selling more and more. I don't change my sim for Autumn though, I like it the way it is. But I do change the store decor-what little I put out, up a bit.

Tari (love the name, btw) We don't have A/C here at home, last night was the first night it got cool enough to sleep with my windows closed...ahhhh, blessed relief.

I have to change my place a lot, I get too bored with it looking the same all the time :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Kylie,

There's so much to love about autumn.  Watching mosquitoes pack their suitcases, fiery leaves against foreboding skies, and the anticipation of my house once again becoming the cozy haven that will keep me safe from the winter to follow. I've come to enjoy summer more through the years, but autumn remains my favorite season. He's a remembrance of the summer we save away this time of year...

MADDIE!!!  For some reason, I didn't think you had returned to SL...I took an extended break also and canceled my account, deleted all on my friends list, will have to re-friend you :)

Thanks for the video.  Funnily enough, we spent two weeks up north for our vacation and brought back a bushel each of peaches and corn...spent all the past week putting them up.  I know where you are, we share the same type of winters, am looking forward to hunkering down also.

Hope to see you soon inworld :matte-motes-grin:

some of what I like about autumn has already been said but I'll say it again

in RL, the heat starts to break no more 115 degrees, buit it's not winter so it's not quite 20 below yet, same reason I love spiring

in SL setting the trees, flowers and weather on my property to autiumn makes it so picturesque 

in both,  yeah I gotta agree with Void, I LOVE Halloween, actually for me from October 1st to Jan 1st is just one big holiday season for me, I go nuts with stuff, decorating, activities ect

for October I have a ton of scary movies I love to watch with friends while pigging out on junk food

in November I'm all about the Macy's thanksgiving parade, the last two years there was a sim that does an in SL version of it, last year I was able to get tons of pictures, this year my fingers are crossed that they'll bring it back and I can get video of it!

Snapshot_372.png

We don't have AC here either, sucks when the weather jumps over 90 degrees, or the humidity decides to rear it's ugly head, lol. I very much welcome the cooler air of the Spring and Fall(well in the case of Spring, warmer than Winter air, lol)

I'll be doing halloween till I drop dead... even if they have to wheel me out on a medical suite. it's playful, imaginative, and goofy fun.... I keep wanting to do a haunted house since I know the techniques behind some of the better special effects. but I never seem to live anywhere large enough to really do it justice.

@Keli

except in Florida, where the tourists only leave for hurricane season, and then you get "snowbirds" until the spring break crowds come back.

Kids never come to visit me at halloween... :/ They skip my house.

Maybe it is cause my house is old and not in best condition. Looks like haunted house all year round. And the lady who live in the house with her cat has black hair, black lipstick and nails, and black woolen dress.

Maybe i should get old fashioned broom and a pointy hat to finish the look.

Liisa Runo wrote:

Kids never come to visit me at halloween...
:/
They skip my house.

Maybe it is cause my house is old and not in best condition. Looks like haunted house all year round. And the lady who live in the house with her cat has black hair, black lipstick and nails, and black woolen dress.

Maybe i should get old fashioned broom and a pointy hat to finish the look.

Pics or it doesn't happen :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.