Question for the ladies

Love Leonoase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can dress sexy, but also conservative. Depends on  my mood, depends on the place I visit. 

I like men who do the same. Man with bare chests is so common in SL, I actually find them boring. Especially with overly wide shoulders and short arms and crude tattoos. 

But, a guy in an otfit that fits his body, who is more lean than bulky, a bare chest with a strapped glaive over... Yum.

Some made a set of pants - well, I assume it is many of those now - that you could wear is different stages of open/pulled down. Imagine that in certain, ehem, adult scenes. That is more for the private moments. It gives a scene a certain naughty look that I can enjoy. 

I don't feel I dress that way, and no I don't find men who would have their butt hanging out attractive.  I'm attracted to male avatars that look dressed.  lol   I know they make a lot of half clothing here in SL, but it's not my thing.  Leaving more to the imagination is more sexy to me. 

And yes the shirtless look can get a little clone-ish in SL.  The bare chest look is a little overdone, imo. 

I'd prefer more creator's to include an option of a longer and more normal mini dress for instance, not ones that make someone's butt hang out. 

I personally don't like some of the women's designs that are way, way too short.  I'd never wear 'em. 

It depends. I like to see men in clothing items of good quality, which seems rare in the places I like to go. The bare chest look is overdone, as many others have said. It seems like I rarely see a man with a shirt on in SL! A freebie tuxedo also only goes so far with me. I like to see a guy who changes clothes at least occasionally, and who seems to have put some time into his selections rather than choosing the first freebie outfit he came across. Nothing against freebies, but as with anything else, some are better than others. Seeing the same freebie tux or pair of jeans on every guy in SL gets old.

I can dress conservatively, or in revealing outfits, depending on my mood and where I intend to go. I like when guys can do the same, but no, guys in short shorts with their butts hanging out are not attractive to me. Conservative can be sexy :)

Kelley Foxclaw wrote:

I know this is for the ladies, but

Ladies seem to determine what we, as men, wear.

Why is that?

Well MY take is that we dress for what we want to attract.  

In other words, we probably wouldn't spend NEAR the amount of time getting fresh and spiffy, if it weren't in order to attract women.

Conversely women do the same, even though they like to PRETEND that "I just dress for myself".  Many of them even convince themselves of that, lol.

Mayalily wrote:

I don't feel I dress that way, and no I don't find men who would have their butt hanging out attractive.  I'm attracted to male avatars that look dressed.  lol   I know they make a lot of half clothing here in SL, but it's not my thing.  Leaving more to the imagination is more sexy to me. 

And yes the shirtless look can get a little clone-ish in SL.  The bare chest look is a little overdone, imo. 

I'd prefer more creator's to include an option of a longer and more normal mini dress for instance, not ones that make someone's butt hang out. 

I personally don't like some of the women's designs that are way, way too short.  I'd never wear 'em. 

I can respect that definitely.

I think conservative is good, but asked this question because I see SO many women (the great majority) dressed provactive/revealing, and was just wondering if they do so because they are a sexy person their self, or if it's just done for a "power play".

I think conservative is good, but asked this question because I see SO many women (the great majority) dressed provactive/revealing, and was just wondering if they do so because they are a sexy person their self, or if it's just done for a "power play".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh.  Here we go again.  The reason that you see most women ("the great majority") dressed in that particular way is, i don't doubt,  because of the places you frequent.  Your profile says it all.

i have some skimpy revealing outfits in SL but i don't wear them all the time i like to plump for a less revealing look it's quite nice to have a good cleavage if your nips aren't on show and i'm not a huge fan of having my arse crack on display and a lot of trousers show that off thankfully in SL it's not too hard to mask

as for men they can dress as they wish if they want to go shirtless fine if they want their crack on show fine but when they get their **bleep** out in public thats too revealing and should be saved for intimate moments with a partner

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it's fun to dress that way because it's ridiculous; I mean, "low rise" has gone to new lows in SL xD  It makes me giggle to think how any woman, regardless of how "hot" she is, would look in those rl(walking like a duck to keep her pants from falling off LOL)... likewise with the practically backless dresses, super short vag-flashing skirts and super low necklines- it's all absurd realistically speaking, but hell you don't even need double-sided tape to keep that artfully crooked half-tank top in place in SL, so why not?  It can look damn good, done properly.  

I don't really see how it's a "power play" though; anyone who seriously thinks having a "hot" avatar gives them power- or lets someone with a "hot" avatar have power over them for only that reason- needs to realize that pretty much ANYONE could look just like that, if they bought the same stuff.  You could find yourself someone who doesn't have a falsely overinflated ego over something illusory and make them look just like the stuck up "hottie" if you want. *shrug*  Pretty pixels are nice, but the brains behind them are what really matters, as far as being sexy goes.

The person who said you see mostly that because of the places you frequent is also correct, however.  Birds of a feather n whatnot.  Look around some other type places if you wanna see what female avatars look like in more than straps n strings xD

• 2 weeks later...

Rowan Villiers wrote:

I don't really see how it's a "power play" though; anyone who seriously thinks having a "hot" avatar gives them power- or lets someone with a "hot" avatar have power over them for only that reason- needs to realize that pretty much ANYONE could look just like that, if they bought the same stuff.  You could find yourself someone who doesn't have a falsely overinflated ego over something illusory and make them look just like the stuck up "hottie" if you want. *shrug*  Pretty pixels are nice, but the brains behind them are what really matters, as far as being sexy goes.

I
t is a power play when someone filled with insecurities (uptight person) creates an avi exuding sexiness, with the sole purpose/intent of garnering attention -  so that they can feel important.

The person who said you see mostly that because of the places you frequent is also correct, however.  Birds of a feather n whatnot.  Look around some other type places if you wanna see what female avatars look like in more than straps n strings
xD

Funny, I click on "apparel" on the Marketplace, without even specifying it for "women", and the same thing I see everywhere in SL, pops up.

I guess some of you must dwell in a holy/conservative nether-region of SL that isn't easy to find, where people are more "substantial".  What's funny about THAT though, is that many of the same people who talk this jive, are the same people who spend endless days of their life posting on this forum, babbling inanely about nothing at all, or seeking any petty contention that they can find. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.