Mesh Volunteers

Charlar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Charlar

I have a full mainland sim. Can I still participate?

We've had a plan for mesh from the start, and we'll have mesh animals that we will be killing with mesh guns. These mesh animals walk around and will attack you. When killed, they fall apart and the killer can click the parts to get meat sent to their inventory. As the system is already on the market, these items, as well as the foods and other things are currently made out of prims and sculpties. We'll have other mesh objects that do other things too. No vehicles tho.

There are mesh sandboxes enabled on Agni, but the IP Tutorial Text link is not working, so we cannot complete it to be able to upload!

If you have submitted a ticket to ask to have your private island estate opted in to the mesh volunteer phase, you should get an email when that ticket has been responded to. That has been my experience with tickets related to my sims in general.

The volunteer wiki page has a group you can join in world to be kept up to date, and slurls to the mesh sandboxes on Agni. I am not sure, but I think you might have to have that mesh volunteer group active to rez mesh.

yep, the Mesh Enablement process is going out "reallyreallyreally" soon.

We didn't want to hold up the deploy of the sandboxes on that, because otherwise things just get backed up. Sorry for being a tease, but it was more efficient this way.

You do need to be member of the mesh volunteer group to participate.

I'm very sorry, but we can't support moving anything on mainland to mesh ATM for technical deploy issues. I do want to try and help people like you who have been working so hard with us, so I'll talk with our folks and we'll get you as soon as we can.

Charlar.

Cannot select skin weights with Mesh viewer 2.8.2 (236321).  Was able to upload without weights on Mesh Sandbox 5 on Main Grid.  I did the tutorial, and it shows me as having passed, but back on Aditi with the same viewer it says "You are not ready to upload - see this tutorial", which takes me to the one I have already passed.  Is anyone else seeing these problems?

EDIT: Need to pass the tutorial separately for Aditi, but skin weights are not working there either.

EDIT2: Need to delete any .slm files created with earlier versions (in the same folder as your .dae model file)

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to visit the mesh sandboxes with no problems before, and able to upload mesh files as .dae from builds I did in maya.  Using the same project mesh viewer, I can no longer TP to any of hte mesh sandboxes in agni.  I can log onto one, but then I can't get to any of the others or even see them, and I no longer have an option to upload mesh objects, just the standard image, sound, bulk, etc.  Anyone else having these issues or have an idea of how to fix them?  Even if I can't get to the sandboxes, I woudl like to be able to upload my work.  I am in the mesh volunteers group and wear the tag.  I have no problem tping to these sims on Phoenix, but that viewer is obviously useless for mesh.  

This is what happens when I try to upload something now...

http://tinypic.com/r/3496z6d/7

Thanks Charlar, but that's the viewer I was using when I took the screenshot.  I also had the same issue on the project viewer for mesh even though I had been uploading models no problem a couple weeks ago.  

Not sure if it's relevant, but with those viewers now, everytime I get an IM from someone, instead of seeing who it's from, the name for all them is "TestString PleaseIgnore" and I can't access my groups.  

Thanks for looking into it for me.

Leviathan Flux wrote:

Not sure if it's relevant, but with those viewers now, everytime I get an IM from someone, instead of seeing who it's from, the name for all them is "TestString PleaseIgnore" and I can't access my groups.  

Thanks for looking into it for me.

I had the same issues a while ago on aditi. For some reason, It turned out that my software firewall was blocking something. When I turned the firewall off, the viewer worked. I updated the firewall (Zonealarm), allowed all SL Viewer related stuff manually and since then I had no problems.

Not saying that this applys to your case, just a suggestion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.