Does Your Avatar Have an Age?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does you avatar have an age?

My avatar seems to look anywhere between 21-30 to me.  Depends on what I'm wearing.

Anyhow, I had this thought about setting an age for my avatar so I could find the right look for her because some things just don't look good on my avatar.

So I have a couple of questions, does your avatar have an age and do u think u could achieve a better look for your avatar if you give it an "age"? 

Eeek, my rl bf just told me he thought my avi's age looks about 35.  I don't think my avi looks good in everything, so I was wondering if determining an age can help to try to narrow down what is a good look and what isn't since clothing is not demo available. 

Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out, what is "Mayalily's taste" or direction she should go in for her wardrobe 'cuz some things just don't look good on my avi. 

If I look 35, I need to wear more grown up clothes then or get another skin for younger looks?  I'm not sure..........?

Can't say I've ever really thought about this - even in the midst of child AV debates, I've never given thought to my assumptions of my own AVs age.

They're so much self representations, even as furries - for which I'm not in a RP-persona, that I don't think I've externalized that aspect of them.

Yeah around 18-21 seems easier for a larger variety of looks.   If I look 35 (I thought 30 at most) than I might be dressing her too young for her age.  And I'm not quite a cougar avatar either, so I feel stuck in a rut of inbetween young and cougar.  I just may go for another skin, or try to figure out who Mayalily is by trying to design an age to her.  It's like our avatars develop along the way and our tastes do eventually come out somewhat, but I have to admit I feel a little stuck and/or restricted because I do think my avatar looks 30-35, and I'm dressing her a lot younger than that, and sometimes it's frustrating. 

@ Mayalily

It wasn't a conscious decision, as such.  I never really thought about the age until i made my first alt, and the alt seemed to emerge as a more down-to-earth and  less silly / emotional character (though they all are me, regardless).  That's when i decided that if the alt is around 27 and an older sister type, then Squashy probably is about 18.  And it seemed to fit  perfectly with her look and general demeanour, and the sort of silly mistakes Squashy made when she first came to SL.  *rolls eyes*  

I'm sure this sounds ridiculous and it probably is, but that's how i saw it and still do.   :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Ceera's apparent age is 27. That was what she felt was her best look, so as a shapeshifter that is the age she normally chooses to appear as. Chronologically, well, she's a Kitsune, and isn't Human, so she is actually over 700 years old.

My "oldest" looking alt is a male that has an apparent age of 50 or so. But being a furry, it's rather hard to tell.

My youngest alt appears to be eight years old, but after I have some fun with her for a while as a kid avatar, I'll probably allow her to age to be 19 or so.

Josain Zsun wrote:

I spent a lot of time trying to get my AV to resemble me physically…and he does in a reality long ago and far away…so long ago I can't remember.  But that's part of the fun of virtuality.  Nobody knows if you are pedigreed or a mutt.

Me too, and she does, or at least she will once I can find a crow's feet tattoo layer item.

As it stands, I think my avie is probably about 32-34. She is very comfortable with her style and in her own skin, stays in great shape, but not because she's a gym rat. More because she has a high metabolism and can eat like she wants without too much worry.

She's got a few toys that cost money and she worked hard for them, as well as her absurdly awesome home, but when I corner her and try to find out what investments she made that paid off like this, she poofs, or tells me my ISP has a problem with latency, and then starts stuttering on purpose so I can't understand her.

Nobody gets that good at dodging questions before 30, and she has no crow's feet, or wrinkles of any sort, so she can't be older than 35. Bingo - I've got her.

Mine looks about 30 and is not the standard "pretty" avatar...I get told often enough I could improve it, the cheeky sods.

I just made her to suit me. I didn't really think about how old she is, so in that respect, no, I don't think I could dress her better.

She is me and I am her, by personality, taste and habits. I prefer it that way

Eloise Baily wrote:

Mine looks about 30 and is not the standard "pretty" avatar...I get told often enough I could improve it, the cheeky sods.

I just made her to suit me. I didn't really think about how old she is, so in that respect, no, I don't think I could dress her better.

She is me and I am her, by personality, taste and habits. I prefer it that way

The standard pretty avatar? What are you trying to say?!

Hmmmmmmm??? :matte-motes-smug:

My avatar is more a blank canvas. I took these 2 pictures the same day. The one a fan picture of how I imagine Cersei Lannister would look in SL. The other one a plain fantasy image inspired of the fabulous "headdress", lol. Same avatar, Cersei I would say is 10 years older looking than the wild girl.

cersei_001ed.jpg

bear2_003ed.jpg 

Yes I agree and understand this; my world, my imagination.  If we want a 120 -year -old avatar and young clothes, that's okay too 'cuz that's someone imagination.

The reason I thought of this to design an age to my avatar is mostly for photographs, as I love photography and do want some good SL photos to put in my house.

From far away I can look almost any age, but in photographs Mayalily looks a lot different age-wise than I thought; so I'm having some difficulty knowing what direction I want to go, but it's mostly for the photographic end.  I don't really like the way my avatar looks in photographs for some reason, tho I really haven't had too much time to do some photographs.  All my photos so far have been for testing purposes only.  However, I want to make an appointment with a professional photographer to get some photos done, and I want to look as good as Marianne.  I guess I'd call what I'm looking for:  balance.

@ Marianne, I LOVE the first one.. lol (And Marianne has achieved a great balance.  I want that, too, somehow...?)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.