Who is the mobile viewer even for?

3 hours ago, Cynite00 said:

I'd rather have you onboard (and I think you are from past posts) in how we open up SL to new blood, and kick LL's butt to get professional and prompt in their development roadmaps, etc so that you and I don't die before we see positive changes. Cuz at this pace they go... wow.. come on man.

Time's ticking for them . Tick, tock, tick tock! In tech a year is a long time, never mine 2 , or 3, or 6 or 20! What's the hold up?

I have a completely different set of priorities for what I think LL needs to do than you do, I dare say. 

Technical shininess and newsness are not the problems LL needs to solve.

Lag isn't even a problem they need to solve, or sim seams, heck, we can fly and TP out of there and go to another sim, like you can always go to another state in the US if you don't like the state you're in.

No, the problems LL needs to solve are civic and social in nature, about how people living together who are geographically contiguous to each other can live in peace, without creating "white flight" and "gated communities" and replicating all the other ills of RL. 

Everyone has heard me enlarge on these ideas a zillion times so I won't repeat them now. But honestly, until they get over their Google API/whatsis/whatever obsessions and fixations and fix search; until they have a decent regulated and appealing ad buying system; until they regulate Mainland blight which is withing their power; until they can somehow institute some kind of consumer complaint/RL BBB type of system, they will not advance. The world needs them to advance. Someone else like Google or OpenAI or Microsoft will have the cash and the shops to make a thing. LL doesn't have that and shouldn't try to replicate the big guys. Instead, they could be a pioneer in how to organize the civic and social aspects of virtual worlds, where they have in fact already achieved a great deal.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I have a completely different set of priorities for what I think LL needs to do than you do, I dare say. 

Technical shininess and newsness are not the problems LL needs to solve.

Lag isn't even a problem they need to solve, or sim seams, heck, we can fly and TP out of there and go to another sim, like you can always go to another state in the US if you don't like the state you're in.

No, the problems LL needs to solve are civic and social in nature, about how people living together who are geographically contiguous to each other can live in peace, without creating "white flight" and "gated communities" and replicating all the other ills of RL. 

Everyone has heard me enlarge on these ideas a zillion times so I won't repeat them now. But honestly, until they get over their Google API/whatsis/whatever obsessions and fixations and fix search; until they have a decent regulated and appealing ad buying system; until they regulate Mainland blight which is withing their power; until they can somehow institute some kind of consumer complaint/RL BBB type of system, they will not advance. The world needs them to advance. Someone else like Google or OpenAI or Microsoft will have the cash and the shops to make a thing. LL doesn't have that and shouldn't try to replicate the big guys. Instead, they could be a pioneer in how to organize the civic and social aspects of virtual worlds, where they have in fact already achieved a great deal.

I'm all for that definitely. Efficiency and optimization, a good search engine, a fast and modern interface, all that base prerequisite work is needed first and foremost.

There's so many parts to their possible success (and proven failure) it's hard to communicate all those angles, this is why I harp on them so much to get their stuff together, get the right people in the right jobs, pay them well, and get it on. Tick tock, running out of clock.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 5:21 PM, Istelathis said:

There was an update on sep 6th, which is noted to allow plus members now.  Out of curiosity I opened bluestacks (android emulator) which no longer has the capability of downloading SL mobile because it is I believe based on android 11.  This is a much older version, and it logged me right in with my premium account with no request to update.

Screenshot2024-09-10171929.thumb.png.b9c523fa8a8f32cc6f593877f8c4df50.png

LoL @ chair.. looks like physics might be off a bit here.

Hmm, odd, I thought that company had gone out of business.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cynite00 said:

Preferiría que te unieras (y creo que lo eres por publicaciones anteriores) a la forma en que abrimos SL a sangre nueva y pateamos el trasero de LL para que se vuelva profesional y rápido en sus planes de desarrollo, etc., para que tú y yo no muramos antes de ver cambios positivos. Porque a este ritmo van... vaya... vamos, hombre.

El tiempo corre para ellos. ¡Tic, tac, tic, tac! En tecnología, un año es mucho tiempo, ¡nunca para mí 2, ni 3, ni 6, ni 20! ¿Qué es lo que les detiene?

I agree with you.

3 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Me atrevo a decir que tengo un conjunto de prioridades completamente diferente al tuyo sobre lo que creo que LL necesita hacer. 

El brillo técnico y la novedad no son los problemas que LL necesita resolver.

El retraso ni siquiera es un problema que necesiten resolver, o las costuras de la simulación, diablos, podemos volar y viajar en TP desde allí e ir a otra simulación, como siempre puedes ir a otro estado en los EE. UU. si no te gusta el estado en el que estás.

No, los problemas que LL necesita resolver son de naturaleza cívica y social, sobre cómo las personas que viven juntas y que están geográficamente contiguas entre sí pueden vivir en paz, sin crear "fuga de blancos" y "comunidades cerradas" y replicar todos los demás males de la vida real. 

Todo el mundo me ha oído extenderme sobre estas ideas un millón de veces, así que no las repetiré ahora. Pero, sinceramente, hasta que superen sus obsesiones y fijaciones con la API de Google/lo que sea/lo que sea y arreglen las búsquedas; hasta que tengan un sistema de compra de anuncios regulado y atractivo; hasta que regulen la plaga del continente, que está dentro de su poder; hasta que puedan instituir de alguna manera algún tipo de sistema de quejas de los consumidores/tipo BBB de la vida real, no avanzarán. El mundo necesita que avancen. Alguien más como Google u OpenAI o Microsoft tendrán el dinero y las tiendas para hacer algo. LL no tiene eso y no debería tratar de replicar a los grandes. En cambio, podrían ser pioneros en cómo organizar los aspectos cívicos y sociales de los mundos virtuales, donde de hecho ya han logrado mucho.

I do believe that @Laboratorio Linden can do it, however, they should have other personalities focused on making contacts with the big companies that are pioneers in AI. There Linden has the advantage over other virtual worlds that although they are designed for today and tomorrow in Blockcahin technology, they do not have the reality and power of Linden Dollar, which in 2003-2008 was the closest thing to a virtual currency. Second Life can be a pioneer in the massification and monetization of content with an association with an Opensource like Stable Diffusion or Flux... It is a matter of them getting together to reevaluate the strategy. I think Intelligence will be excellent for Second Life and could attract people with money, not companies, but streamers like AI disseminators, programmers, and those of us in the AI sector.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GeorginaLux said:

I think Intelligence will be excellent for Second Life and could attract people with money, not companies, but streamers like AI disseminators, programmers, and those of us in the AI sector.

To do what?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GeorginaLux said:

I do believe that @Laboratorio Linden can do it, however, they should have other personalities focused on making contacts with the big companies that are pioneers in AI. There Linden has the advantage over other virtual worlds that although they are designed for today and tomorrow in Blockcahin technology, they do not have the reality and power of Linden Dollar, which in 2003-2008 was the closest thing to a virtual currency. Second Life can be a pioneer in the massification and monetization of content with an association with an Opensource like Stable Diffusion or Flux... It is a matter of them getting together to reevaluate the strategy. I think Intelligence will be excellent for Second Life and could attract people with money, not companies, but streamers like AI disseminators, programmers, and those of us in the AI sector.

It used to be that LL staff would be at all these tech conferences, would speak on panels, would be in various collaborative groups on metaversal interoperability, etc. -- do they do that any more? I don't know if AI relates to them exactly but FWIW Philip Rosedale, the founder of SL, is on the board of MidJourney. Maybe they are preoccupied with their own problems now...

5 Hace unos minutos, Scylla Rhiadra dijo:

para hacer que?

Second Life fue pionera en la creación de artículos virtuales que superaban a los ofrecidos por empresas de la vida real. La creatividad y el juego de ofrecer a los usuarios lo que no pueden tener en la vida real es una de las bases para que Second Life sobreviva. Actualmente, la oferta de artículos virtuales para el avatar basada en el consumismo es repetitiva sin el espíritu que se vivió inicialmente en Second Life. La IA generativa es una herramienta que permite la lluvia de ideas, la creación y la innovación. La implementación de Gen AI de Second Life puede permitir a los artistas y creadores dar rienda suelta a su imaginación para hacer lo que no es posible en la vida real. La colaboración es posible para crear una plataforma como Second Life Marketplace donde los artistas tienen una muestra de sus obras para vender, realizar trabajos personalizados y recibir apoyo con donaciones. Esto sería genial ante el fracaso de los NFT por ser una estafa evidente y sin garantía alguna. Las empresas que se aventuraron a ofrecer NFT fracasaron y la confianza en las NFT fracasó. Second Life puede establecer sus propias condiciones sobre el uso de la IA y la ética que se debe tener en cuenta al utilizarla. Suno, por ejemplo, permitiría a los DJ ofrecer mejores experiencias musicales y recibir donaciones de un grupo más amplio del sector de la IA. Pido disculpas, pero los creadores y usuarios de SL se quedaron dormidos y Linden Lab está luchando solo para salvar la plataforma. Muchas plataformas como Zepeto o Imvu crean animaciones basadas en las tendencias de Tiktok porque algunos de los creadores de animaciones para SL no las han creado para que aquellos que son como influencers que quieren crear contenido en Tiktok puedan integrarse a esta plataforma. No los culpo, pero deberíamos hacer más por la plataforma que simplemente criticar..

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Antes, el personal de LL asistía a todas estas conferencias tecnológicas, hablaba en paneles, participaba en varios grupos de colaboración sobre interoperabilidad metaversal, etc. ¿Lo hacen todavía? No sé si la IA se relaciona exactamente con ellos, pero, por si te sirve de algo, Philip Rosedale, el fundador de SL, está en la junta directiva de MidJourney. Tal vez ahora estén preocupados por sus propios problemas...

I think your statement about Philip Rosedale is interesting. The question is why Philip as founder and executive at Linden Lab is not making contacts for Second Life? Maybe he is too busy or has other plans for Second Life. I can assure you that @Laboratorio Linden is projecting itself in AI and making contacts in relation to AI, while fixing the platform with its errors through PBR, they will be able to overcome obstacles and win. Why? AI will help them attract new prospects or potential users and they could raise part of the investment. It is complicated, but Startups work on trial and error with great success stories. This is my natural talent in projecting and today I want to share it to improve lives.

Second Life and @Laboratorio Linden will once again have to expand and modify their policies and conditions... Look at the way of receiving commissions, payments and subscriptions. I am not including companies, but digital entrepreneurs, technology disseminators, programmers and the AI sector.

8 minutes ago, GeorginaLux said:

Second Life fue pionera en la creación de artículos virtuales que superaban a los ofrecidos por empresas de la vida real. La creatividad y el juego de ofrecer a los usuarios lo que no pueden tener en la vida real es una de las bases para que Second Life sobreviva. Actualmente, la oferta de artículos virtuales para el avatar basada en el consumismo es repetitiva sin el espíritu que se vivió inicialmente en Second Life. La IA generativa es una herramienta que permite la lluvia de ideas, la creación y la innovación. La implementación de Gen AI de Second Life puede permitir a los artistas y creadores dar rienda suelta a su imaginación para hacer lo que no es posible en la vida real. La colaboración es posible para crear una plataforma como Second Life Marketplace donde los artistas tienen una muestra de sus obras para vender, realizar trabajos personalizados y recibir apoyo con donaciones. Esto sería genial ante el fracaso de los NFT por ser una estafa evidente y sin garantía alguna. Las empresas que se aventuraron a ofrecer NFT fracasaron y la confianza en las NFT fracasó. Second Life puede establecer sus propias condiciones sobre el uso de la IA y la ética que se debe tener en cuenta al utilizarla. Suno, por ejemplo, permitiría a los DJ ofrecer mejores experiencias musicales y recibir donaciones de un grupo más amplio del sector de la IA. Pido disculpas, pero los creadores y usuarios de SL se quedaron dormidos y Linden Lab está luchando solo para salvar la plataforma. Muchas plataformas como Zepeto o Imvu crean animaciones basadas en las tendencias de Tiktok porque algunos de los creadores de animaciones para SL no las han creado para que aquellos que son como influencers que quieren crear contenido en Tiktok puedan integrarse a esta plataforma. No los culpo, pero deberíamos hacer más por la plataforma que simplemente criticar..

To start with, thank you for noting the importance of ethical considerations in the use of AI.

I can see some uses for generative AI as a tool to assist in the creation process, but I'm a bit sceptical that it can produce interesting, innovative, and popular content on its own. You mention Suno for instance, which creates music using AI. Ethical considerations aside (where does its database come from?), I have a really difficult time believing that people are going to be attracted to clubs that aren't playing real RL music by established artists.

The idea of animations built from TikTok videos (again there is maybe an ethical issue here, but less of one) is really interesting.

But on the whole, the idea that the imaginative and creative deficit that you say currently exists among SL creators is going to be remedied by software that copies and then remixes already existing art, objects, etc., is highly questionable: if, as you say, our current class of creators has "dropped the ball" through a want of imagination or ambition, then this is going to be a case of (to coin a phrase) the bland leading the bland. (I'm also far from sure that I am of the same opinion about SL creators that you seem to have.)

I can see some uses of AI as a tool to power procedural generation of regions, terrain, and maybe even other items, and making the life of content creators a bit easier in the process, but the creative spark is going to come from humans, not from machines.

Para empezar, gracias por señalar la importancia de las consideraciones éticas en el uso de la IA.

Puedo ver algunos usos para la IA generativa como herramienta para ayudar en el proceso de creación, pero soy un poco escéptico de que pueda producir contenido interesante, innovador y popular por sí solo. Mencionas a Suno, por ejemplo, que crea música utilizando IA. Dejando de lado las consideraciones éticas (¿de dónde viene tu base de datos?), me cuesta creer que la gente se sienta atraída por clubes que no tocan música real de artistas consagrados.

La idea de animaciones creadas a partir de videos de TikTok (nuevamente, tal vez haya una cuestión ética aquí, pero no tanto) es realmente interesante.

Pero en general, la idea de que el déficit imaginativo y creativo que usted dice que existe actualmente entre los creadores de SL vaya a ser remediado por software que copie y luego remezcle arte, objetos, etc. ya existentes, es muy cuestionable: si, como usted dice , nuestra clase actual de creadores ha "dejado caer la pelota" por falta de imaginación o ambición, entonces este será un caso (para acuñar una frase) en el que los aburridos lideran a los aburridos. (Tampoco estoy seguro de tener la misma opinión sobre los creadores de SL que usted parece tener).

Puedo ver algunos usos de la IA como herramienta para impulsar la generación procesal de regiones, terrenos y tal vez incluso otros elementos, y hacer la vida de los creadores de contenido un poco más fácil en el proceso, pero la chispa creativa vendrá de los humanos. . no de las máquinas.

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Para empezar, gracias por señalar la importancia de las consideraciones éticas en el uso de la IA.

Puedo ver algunos usos para la IA generativa como herramienta para ayudar en el proceso de creación, pero soy un poco escéptico en cuanto a que pueda producir contenido interesante, innovador y popular por sí sola. Mencionas a Suno, por ejemplo, que crea música utilizando IA. Dejando de lado las consideraciones éticas (¿de dónde proviene su base de datos?), me resulta muy difícil creer que la gente se sienta atraída por clubes que no tocan música real de artistas consagrados.

La idea de crear animaciones a partir de vídeos de TikTok (de nuevo, puede que aquí haya un problema ético, pero menos grave) es realmente interesante.

Pero en general, la idea de que el déficit imaginativo y creativo que dices que existe actualmente entre los creadores de SL se va a remediar con software que copia y luego remezcla arte, objetos, etc. ya existentes, es muy cuestionable: si, como dices, nuestra clase actual de creadores ha "fallado" por falta de imaginación o ambición, entonces vamos a ver un caso (por acuñar una frase) de los insulsos liderando a los insulsos. (También estoy lejos de estar seguro de tener la misma opinión sobre los creadores de SL que tú pareces tener).

Puedo ver algunos usos de la IA como herramienta para potenciar la generación procedimental de regiones, terrenos y tal vez incluso otros elementos, y hacer la vida de los creadores de contenido un poco más fácil en el proceso, pero la chispa creativa vendrá de los humanos, no de las máquinas.

Puedo ver algunos usos para la IA generativa como herramienta para ayudar en el proceso de creación, pero soy un poco escéptico de que pueda producir contenido interesante, innovador y popular por sí solo. Mencionas a Suno, por ejemplo, que crea música utilizando IA. Dejando de lado las consideraciones éticas (¿de dónde viene tu base de datos?), me cuesta creer que la gente se sienta atraída por clubes que no tocan música real de artistas consagrados.

La idea de animaciones creadas a partir de videos de TikTok (nuevamente, tal vez haya una cuestión ética aquí, pero no tanto) es realmente interesante.

Pero en general, la idea de que el déficit imaginativo y creativo que usted dice que existe actualmente entre los creadores de SL vaya a ser remediado por software que copie y luego remezcle arte, objetos, etc. ya existente, es muy cuestionable: si, como usted dice, nuestra clase actual de creadores ha "dejado caer la pelota" por falta de imaginación o ambición, entonces este será un caso (para acuñar una frase) en el que los aburridos lideran a los aburridos. (Tampoco estoy seguro de tener la misma opinión sobre los creadores de SL que usted parece tener).

Puedo ver algunos usos de la IA como herramienta para impulsar la generación procesal de regiones, terrenos y tal vez incluso otros elementos, y hacer la vida de los creadores de contenido un poco más fácil en el proceso, pero la chispa creativa vendrá de los humanos. . . no de las máquinas.

I always like to listen, trust the process, and if we don't try things we'll never be able to prove it. I think Second Life should be launched into trial and error experimentation because the metaverse is only created through error and testing, never following the same patterns. My professor used to say why change what's good if it's better to renew to try and build a better version. That's what makes life interesting to live... Light and darkness. @Laboratorio Linden only in this way will they be able in the future to make Second Life a world independent of the network and survive on its own in an evolutionary way with AI and humans in the Great Metaverse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeorginaLux said:

I always like to listen, trust the process, and if we don't try things we'll never be able to prove it. I think Second Life should be launched into trial and error experimentation because the metaverse is only created through error and testing, never following the same patterns. My professor used to say why change what's good if it's better to renew to try and build a better version. That's what makes life interesting to live... Light and darkness. @Laboratorio Linden only in this way will they be able in the future to make Second Life a world independent of the network and survive on its own in an evolutionary way with AI and humans in the Great Metaverse.

I have no doubt that people will be experimenting with AI to find uses for it in SL. In fact, some are doing so now to generate more engaging NPCs -- an interesting but ultimately, I suspect, pretty trivial use for it.

But you are calling upon LL to integrate AI directly into the platform? I'm not sure I understand how, or why, but as much to the point maybe such a venture would be time consuming and difficult, and would distract LL from other projects to improve SL.

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No tengo ninguna duda de que la gente experimentará con la IA para encontrarle usos en SL. De hecho, algunos lo están haciendo ahora para generar personajes no jugadores más atractivos, un uso interesante pero, en última instancia, sospecho, bastante trivial.

Pero, ¿estás pidiendo a LL que integre la IA directamente en la plataforma? No estoy seguro de entender cómo ni por qué, pero tal vez una iniciativa de ese tipo requeriría mucho tiempo y sería difícil, y distraería a LL de otros proyectos para mejorar SL.

They can do it and it is part of creating the most convenient connections with the pioneers in AI. You saw what China is creating and is preparing the ground to dominate technology as Saudi Arabia intends. Why Second Life? It is the only metaverse that remains and will remain despite the fact that Roblox is successful, but it is experiencing now, the same thing that happened with SL in 2033-2008, which was the absence of control with the fart... an the lack of policies to stop them. The government will now set its eyes on them and decide what is most convenient, just as they did with Meta and its applications. As they did with Tiktok and will do it now from now on.

3 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

It used to be that LL staff would be at all these tech conferences, would speak on panels, would be in various collaborative groups on metaversal interoperability, etc. -- do they do that any more? I don't know if AI relates to them exactly but FWIW Philip Rosedale, the founder of SL, is on the board of MidJourney. Maybe they are preoccupied with their own problems now...

If you are concerned about Second Life :)

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 2:20 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Only people with Android 14 apparently. 

All new apps and updates are written for Android 14. Why should the SL app be an exception?
SL doesn't cater to Windows 3.1 either.

Sí. Esta es la parte que me gustó. Está hablando de crear una simulación tan compleja que permitiría que la vida artificial evolucionara a partir de la sopa primordial de código sin poner ningún énfasis en la inteligencia. Y es tan increíblemente causal al respecto, como si no fuera gran cosa, sólo una buena idea. Es muy, muy interesante. Lo siento, si mi español es raro. No puedo hablarlo lo suficientemente bien como para escribirlo sin la ayuda de un traductor. Espero que tenga sentido.

In case anybody else was wondering, here is what Phil said that I found so interesting. It's a totally different conceptualization of artificial life than anything I've heard up until this point. And it's weird, weird, weird. Of course, I'm reading a bit deep between the lines on an almost conspiratorial level, but still . . . it's weird. Primeval garden is almost a crazy choice of wording. Reminds mean of primordial soup.

Well, let me answer that by reminding everybody the two different ways that I fell in love with SL, or the idea of SL, before SL even existed, right. The first way was that I wanted to see a living organic world, so the first dream in SL was of a huge primeval garden that Andrew and I talked about where we would assemble tens of thousands of machines together in some sort of crazy SETI-style computing network. And that instead of looking for aliens and radio signals, we would get those computers to simulate the laws of physics so well that living things would spring fourth from the simulation and that we would be able to wander through this primeval garden and find the creatures that had emerged from the basic rules and talk to them or whatever or chase them around or whatever or have the eat us.

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

All new apps and updates are written for Android 14. Why should the SL app be an exception?
SL doesn't cater to Windows 3.1 either.

They backed down from this, to at least allow Android 13 now, and I'm sure they never understood that they didn't need to restrict the app to 14, it was just a mis-reading of the Google Play Store policy. Android is way more "fragmented" than iOS, so apps really need to support a wider range of older releases if they want to address any reasonable share of the Android market.

To beat a now long-dead horse: Google Store apps must "target" Android 14, which means they must support those phones that demand Android 14 features (as does Android 15 now). Those same apps absolutely may still support earlier versions too, which they express using a "min" specifier instead of a "target" specifier.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

They backed down from this, to at least allow Android 13 now, and I'm sure they never understood that they didn't need to restrict the app to 14, it was just a mis-reading of the Google Play Store policy. Android is way more "fragmented" than iOS, so apps really need to support a wider range of older releases if they want to address any reasonable share of the Android market.

To beat a now long-dead horse: Google Store apps must "target" Android 14, which means they must support those phones that demand Android 14 features (as does Android 15 now). Those same apps absolutely may still support earlier versions too, which they express using a "min" specifier instead of a "target" specifier.

Glad they (LL) backed down, I missed that update in the discussion.

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Glad they (LL) backed down, I missed that update in the discussion.

See Grumpity's recent comment in this Canny feedback item. I was kind of hoping that the 13 minimum was just addressing the title of the feedback but I get the sense that they're still excluding 12 and earlier which the earlier testing certainly allowed. Others raised that in subsequent comments so maybe they'll see it.

I'm also hopeful we may be able to nudge them along a bit in a future user group meeting, based on this response to my suggestion for more interactive engagement with testers:

Bridie Linden

Thanks for the suggestion - we like the idea of a monthly mobile user group! We have some exciting updates in progress and look forward to sharing with you. Stay tuned as we work out timing and location.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

See Grumpity's recent comment in this Canny feedback item. I was kind of hoping that the 13 minimum was just addressing the title of the feedback but I get the sense that they're still excluding 12 and earlier which the earlier testing certainly allowed. Others raised that in subsequent comments so maybe they'll see it.

I'm also hopeful we may be able to nudge them along a bit in a future user group meeting, based on this response to my suggestion for more interactive engagement with testers:

To be fair, I (almost said "we") don't know the capabilities of the different Android OS levels. It could very well be that before a certain version, too many coding workarounds and sacrifices would have to be made.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2024 at 11:52 PM, GeorginaLux said:

Creo que el mercado de los NFT ha colapsado. Recuerda, el propio hijo de Philip Rosedale, August, estuvo muy metido en los NFTs, incluso tenía una galería virtual en línea (no en SL), y personalmente conozco residentes de SL que dejaron SL para dedicarse a los NFTs y hacer fortuna, pero... ese barco ya zarpó. Yo también pensé que SL sería perfecto para los NFTs, pero no sucedió. Tal vez vuelva, así como las primaveras y los inviernos siempre regresan en el Metaverso, pero no está ocurriendo ahora.

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo en que Linden Lab tiene una oportunidad para ser pionero en ética y controles para la IA. Actualmente, puedes usar chatGPT directamente en SL con el script que creó Pantera Polnocky. Yo tengo una docena de personajes chatGPT funcionando con varios personajes temáticos en nuestra reserva de tierras. Creo que los creadores de LL ya tienen suficientes problemas simplemente manteniendo su propio barco a flote cada día, sin tener que incorporar los de otras personas, y eso no es trivial. De hecho, es un logro increíble haber mantenido un mundo virtual funcionando y generando dinero para ellos y sus clientes durante 21 años.

No conozco Zepeto, pero no estoy seguro de que IMVU sea el no va más. Personas como yo ya integramos MidJourney con la plataforma sin que LL tenga que ayudar, pero estoy de acuerdo en que podrían estar pensando y hablando más sobre esto, si no haciéndolo. Claramente, están ocupados lamiéndose las heridas, y está bien. Yo prefiero vivir mi propia SL sin ellos en la medida de lo posible.

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2024 at 3:21 AM, GeorginaLux said:

If you are concerned about Second Life :)

Sí, ya lo he visto varias veces, y me pareció realmente inspirador. Pude asistir a parte de ello, incluso estando en el concepto "región superpoblada" de hace 21 años, que aunque defectuoso, seguía siendo inspirado y emocionante. Pero eso no es lo mismo que los Lindens en OTRAS conferencias como TechCrunch, eso es algo interno.

Philip estaba discutiendo dos ideas importantes allí: la importancia de los gestos (en su mente) que se trasladan del mundo real a SL (no me interesa en absoluto, pero está bien) y la idea de hacer amigos al azar en todo el mundo (en parte esa fue su idea para SL en los primeros días y también para las páginas de Internet en general, y ahora la ha reelaborado, pero creo que necesita límites y un anclaje. De hecho, creo que SL es el lugar perfecto para implementar su idea de "amistad mundial". Voy a iniciar otro hilo sobre esto en la sección "Mainland" o algo similar.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Thanks 1