Inconvenient Truths about Second Life

11 hours ago, BillFletcher said:
13 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't know, I'm feeling a little impish, verging on ornery. Having fantasies of getting a crowd of barefoot peeps together and crashing that place!  lol

Let me know, I’m in.

lol they'll think twice about messing with us forum members!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't know, I'm feeling a little impish, verging on ornery. Having fantasies of getting a crowd of barefoot peeps together and crashing that place!  lol

Honestly, we DO have to be pretty tough to survive here. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Inconvenient truth: not everyone is interested in Slex, even if experts are "right" that SL would die without "adult activities".

It's not inconvenient at all. People come to SL for varying reasons. Sometimes people who never wanted Slex end up "doing it", and sometimes people who only wanted Slex end up involved in other things. SL is about choice. I DO think that if Slex wasn't possible, that SL would take a hit.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

People who are salty and unpleasant in RL are salty and unpleasant in SL.  If you're a POS on one avatar, no number of alts will change that basic fact.

It would be interesting if some people are "unrepentant jerks" in RL / FL but super nice in Second Life.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's probably not a good idea to take RL financial, relationship, legal, ethical, moral, psychological, etc. advice from someone in Second Life.

Do you think they guy who took 50000 Lindens off me for stocks and shares was lying?😁

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Inconvenient truth: not everyone is interested in Slex, even if experts are "right" that SL would die without "adult activities".

And not everyone who is interested in SLex is interested in only that with every member of the opposite sex.

3 hours ago, SandorWren said:

Honestly, we DO have to be pretty tough to survive here. 

Yeah, if I have learned anything in SL, it is don’t share the forums with my girlfriend.

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2024 at 9:20 PM, AmeliaJ08 said:

I have always wondered about the Lindex. Is there any regulatory oversight of it? is it 'real' as far as an exchange goes?

I assume it operates under slightly more loose regulations given there's no currency conversion etc, it's not even currency but I have wondered.

I've made limit buys etc and it works fine enough but never sold on it, I never really viewed the SL economy as 'real' as such. Is there more data available somewhere? you don't really get a lot of information from the website, as far as I can see.

It's  fake

7 hours ago, SandorWren said:

It's not inconvenient at all. People come to SL for varying reasons. Sometimes people who never wanted Slex end up "doing it", and sometimes people who only wanted Slex end up involved in other things. SL is about choice. I DO think that if Slex wasn't possible, that SL would take a hit.

It would take more than a hit. If you look around at the mainland and the G and Moderate sims. They're all pretty empty for the most part.

On the topic's subject, in my experience, most people have a ulterior motive to something in SL.