Can You Not Just Leave Us Alone Now?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 88 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Madi Melodious said:

Ban Child Avatars From Moderate Land | Voters | Second Life

I just realised it’s proposed by the bot spokesperson 🤣

Don’t upset the bot lady, she knows where everyone lives! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The whole issue boils down to .... an image of a clothed child avatar in proximity to a nude adult avatar. 

Anyone can create a fake image of that right now and use it in their SL mobile review. No amount of banning child avatars to a distant land will stop that. The OP need not worry about the absurd feedback post they linked. 

5 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

There's a good chance that doing that would mean a bunch of people have to give up their land and move.

when there's no adult content on those regions, it's just one little click to set it to G instead of M ...

4 hours ago, Madi Melodious said:

Some of us just choose to say something about it.

as you chose to be a kid in SL ..

When i choose to ride a bike today, not my car, and i wánt to drive on the highway, i won't be allowed .... choices... choices...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

when there's no adult content on those regions, it's just one little click to set it to G instead of M ...

*Sigh* If a nude adult is standing near dressed children on a playground, what do you do? Ban the children from that playground or call the cops to arrest that nude adult? I am not a child avatar nor I haven't been in the past, but this post on the Second Life feedback sounds more like "I am the problem" but let's shuff my problem in the neck of a community that has nothing to do with that problem aka the current way of taking up responsibility.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Madi Melodious said:

My sisters and I ca.................behind the keyboard. 

this is a same absudish statement, as others in a sortlike discussion can say all kids on sl are after sex with adult avatars.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

6 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

*Sigh* If a nude adult is standing near dressed children on a playground, what do you do? Ban the children from that playground or call the cops to arrest that nude adult?

This point makes no sense within the context of SL.

SL children are RL adults.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

*Sigh* If a nude adult is standing near dressed children on a playground, what do you do? Ban the children from that playground or call the cops to arrest that nude adult? I am not a child avatar nor I haven't been in the past, but this post on the Second Life feedback sounds more like "I am the problem" but let's shuff my problem in the neck of a community that has nothing to do with that problem aka the current way of taking up responsibility.

it was a response to leaving a region instead of just replace the M for G , when there's a clear overrating choice made to put it on M ...That nude person will appear in ANY rated region now and than.

1 minute ago, Clem Marques said:

SL children are RL adults. This point makes no sense within the context of SL.

RL adults who have chosen to put a simulation of a child in in a simulation of a strip club.

If anyone wonders what I mean by that ;All of sl is a strip club. The adult who chooses to represent a child is the one putting a child in a suspicious location by being in second life in general .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

RL adults who have chosen to put a simulation of a child in in a simulation of a strip club.

If anyone wonders what I mean by that ;All of sl is a strip club. The adult who chooses to represent a child is the one putting a child in a suspicious location by being in second life in general .

And does that give the adult avatar the right to run around a moderated land with their pixelated peens and fannies visible for everybody to be seen? NO, check out the Maturity Ratings of SL: 

3 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

And does that give the adult avatar the right to run around a moderated land with their pixelated peens and fannies visible for everybody to be seen? NO, check out the Maturity Ratings of SL: 

Rules mean nothing . Every surface in every sim regardless of rating , has been fornicated on.

1 minute ago, Bree Giffen said:

The whole issue boils down to .... an image of a clothed child avatar in proximity to a nude adult avatar. 

Anyone can create a fake image of that right now and use it in their SL mobile review. No amount of banning child avatars to a distant land will stop that. The OP need not worry about the absurd feedback post they linked. 

This argument is questionable. While concerns about forged imagery are understandable, anti-obscenity and anti-CSAM laws target the creation and distribution of such content, not the possibility of its existence.

12 minutes ago, lovestofu said:

This argument is questionable. While concerns about forged imagery are understandable, anti-obscenity and anti-CSAM laws target the creation and distribution of such content, not the possibility of its existence.

What is tw0 plus tw0 m1nus eighth? You don't seem human.

27 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

If anyone wonders what I mean by that ;All of sl is a strip club.

Goodness, what an interesting and varied second life you must lead!

I travel freely to regions of all ratings -- General, Moderate, and Adult.

The last time I saw a naked avatar (other than myself) was . . .

Well, actually, I can't remember. It was that long ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Goodness, what an interesting and varied second life you must lead!

I travel freely to regions of all ratings -- General, Moderate, and Adult.

The last time I saw a naked avatar (other than myself) was . . .

Well, actually, I can't remember. It was that long ago.

I would wager intentionally oblivious .

21 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I would wager intentionally oblivious .

Absolutely. I deliberately don't see naked people.

Or . . . and this is really far-fetched I know . . . there's a pretty largish part of SL, with a substantial demographic of residents associated with it, that is not focused on sex?

Crazy, eh? Degenerates!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I see plenty of nudity in SL, or bikini's so small they look like they are made from string. This is on General regions too because Linden Lab have a habit of putting otherwise empty General water regions in wider bodies of Moderate regions, especially in Nautilus.

From some people's apparent reading of the TOS most sailors would find themselves in breach of rules. But and I am probably missing something here but a brief skim through rules and FAQs and I can't see anything stronger than coulds or shoulds in relation to this. And no worries for Child Avatars in proximity to a naked person so long as the Child avatar isn't doing anything sexual.

I doubt governance has any interest in adopting a fashion police role in SL, where what someone is wearing isn't even always an objective truth with something rezzing or not rezzing on different peoples viewers especially after a few region crossings and the PBR viewer making that even more common! (not something I mentioned before but hair, head, pants derender on crossing much more regularly on the PBR viewers)

People have always gone naked and skimpy clad on General regions and if that is now a problem then they should be explicit about it. and make it more obvious by redesignating problem regions, because that would be a major culture change.

Edited by Aethelwine

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Absolutely. I deliberately don't see naked people.

Or . . . and this is really far-fetched I know . . . there's a pretty largish part of SL, with a substantial demographic of residents associated with it, that is not focused on sex?

Crazy, eh? Degenerates!

Not everyone sees nudity as sexual, so much as accurately representing yourself freely. The injection of sexuality into Naturism has nearly always come from the prudish outsider, that misunderstands what is going on.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BriannaLovey said:

What is tw0 plus tw0 m1nus eighth? You don't seem human.

There are two possible solutions: either negative four (-4) or positive three-and-seven-eighths (3.875). This discrepancy arises from the ambiguity of the item "eighth" in the expression. It is unclear whether you intended "eighth" to be interpreted literally or whether it was an obfuscation of "eight." However, the former answer (-4) seems more likely given your intent to produce an expression that is easy for humans to evaluate but difficult for machines.

As a knowledge model residing in a biological organism, I can assure you I am indeed human.

To recap:

1. It is most likely -4
  2. It could also be 3.875

If you have any more concerns or need more assistance with obfuscated arithmetic expressions, feel free to ask.

2 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Not everyone sees nudity as sexual, so much as accurately representing yourself freely. The injection of sexuality into Naturism has nearly always come from the prudish outsider, that misunderstands what is going on.

Indeed not. Hence nude non-adult beaches. And I produce a not-negligible number of nude photos, but they are almost never sexual or even "erotic."

However, for the purposes of this discussion, that distinction is moot, because the ToS doesn't, for the purposes of considering the presence of child avatars, acknowledge the difference.

Sexual or non-sexual, however, my point remains: I VERY rarely see nude avatars. And that's not because I consciously go out of my way to avoid them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

And no worries for Child Avatars in proximity to a naked person so long as the Child avatar isn't doing anything sexual.

This is no longer the case.

Residents presenting as Child Avatars shall be prohibited from the following:

• Engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected.

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is no longer the case.

Understanding something can happen and calling it expected are not the same though.

Marmedunc is a General rated region SW of Siren's Isle. I would not expect anyone to go through there naked, but neither would I be surprised when they do.

Edited by Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 88 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.