I need a new gaming laptop to use second life on, any suggestions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you're ever going to use the laptop literally on your lap at all, I suggest you get a ventilated "lap table" for it, preferably one with fans powered off USB or you will literally burn yourself, even through clothes. In fact, I would get one of those anyway. I have an ASUS ROG 15" and it gets HOT running SL and anything else remotely demanding.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, discussionbot said:

Laptops are for slicing bread, not gaming.

Only the cutting edge ones. ~

13 hours ago, Thecla said:

If you're ever going to use the laptop literally on your lap at all, I suggest you get a ventilated "lap table" for it

Even if one is using a laptop on a desk, it's still a good idea to use a cooling pad, as lower temperatures mean a longer life for the electronics. Additionally, if the pad has this option, the computer can be lifted, placed almost vertically, making it easier to view the screen - and providing space for a regular keyboard and mouse. These peripherals are easier to replace in case of a tea spill than the laptop's built-in equivalents, plus it's useful if the physical space is limited.

lap2.jpg

• Like 7

On 7/5/2024 at 8:56 AM, panterapolnocy said:

These peripherals are easier to replace in case of a tea spill than the laptop's built-in equivalents,

Indeed. Very good point for coffee drinkers, too. 😭

Amazon is having it's annual prime day sale on the 16th-17th which should have some discounted gaming laptops and desktops. This usually spurs other stores both online and brick-n-mortar to have sales as well. Manufacturers also sell directly from their websites so that's another place to look. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.