LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

I did, at Castaway cove.  There was this lovely bartender that was driven by AI that would serve me any drink I requested... he then would speak with me on many topics, always leading back to the conversation of tides, and drinks, and other silly things.

Then he vanished, as did all of the bots

/me shifts eyes and grows frustrated

Snapshot_544.thumb.jpg.7ffed47a2f9205e29def6647cde651d9.jpg

Linden Lab took away our bots, I suspect to filter through our chats! 🤬 No doubt, at the suggestion of Anubis!  I vow vengeance! 

We should protest. Let's find a museum and glue ourselves to the paintings. There's got to be some in the Destination Guide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Except it was mentioned they are looking at some Ai tools that will dramatically speed up the process. It is not mentioned much as we haven't much more clarity on it, but is a factor in behind some of the posting.

Even the Chinese government, which is going overboard with AI, facial recognition, and all sorts of scary stuff, doesn't seem to be sinking a pile of resources into something as impractical as that. There are way more important things for LL to be spending their cash on. I'm pretty sure they are smart enough to know that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'd normally think that except I have years of experience knowing this isn't the case, years I never saw you around to witness this.  I hate to see you being manipulated.

Manipulative people really anger me, and even more so seeing innocent people get sucked into it.  Best I leave the thread before I get too angry, or say something I shouldn't.

It's only manipulation if I'm ignorant of the facts, and I'm not. People who don't want to engage with someone on the forum can simply opt not to do so, unless they have a compulsive disorder that forces them to reply to everything everyone says. Sometimes I do that, but not today, I'm cool.

And not everyone who has played games with others' heads is always doing so, and not everyone who has abraded others is inherently abrasive, if others aren't of a mind to be abraded.

We're all responsible for our own reactions.

I love you both, so yeah. It's nothing against you, or even your view or anything, either.

There are people here who annoy the crap out of me on the regular, and even they sometimes are the ones who have the golden opinion I resonate with in some threads. Even people who despise me sometimes say just the right thing, and it actually helps me. Even sometimes when I don't like what they have to say to me or about me.

It's okay to dislike the thread, but I'mma post in it because it gives me an outlet for what I have to say, as well. If it gets ugly or people start throwing flaming poop, I'll just run away this time. XD

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

There are people here who annoy the crap out of me on the regular, and even they sometimes are the ones who have the golden opinion I resonate with in some threads. Even people who despise me sometimes say just the right thing, and it actually helps me. Even sometimes when I don't like what they have to say to me or about me.

I agree with this, and I never totally write someone off. But when I see people being disingenuous and sucking up energy from others it's irritating, even if it's their choice to feed those who are, at this time, in this thread.... trolling.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

We should protest. Let's find a museum and glue ourselves to the paintings. There's got to be some in the Destination Guide.

Maddy tried to glue her hand to one of my pics at an opening in January.

I don't remember what she was protesting. Probably me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

So I raided the Primitive Museum and glued myself to a painting.

original_66611e99c32c97673ad3a51e.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

So I raided the Primitive Museum and glued myself to a painting.

original_66611e99c32c97673ad3a51e.png

I was going to meet with you, but Linden Lab set up a trap I think.  

Snapshot_545.thumb.jpg.67e32929833a6c9097179116a0c2f930.jpg

Snapshot_546.thumb.jpg.6334c59836c97e2d0b4c473c1e4cc522.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

There sure seem to be a lot of forumites who recognize and publicly admit that they act young, dress young, look young, speak in a young manner, and like their SLex peppered with mommy and daddy pet names.

If I were them, I'd be paranoid, too.

That's a whole lot of "young" and a lot of traits for LL to consider when investigating TOS violations.

Best of luck, you guys. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I think it would be pretty obvious, I mean dwarves generally have beards are stout, stocky, love ale and mining, are incredibly stubborn and would never wear a child AO, talk childish, and so on.  I think they are born with beards or something, I don't know that much about them other than a few mentions here and there.

Female dwarves I thought were supposed to have beards, but then this challenged my view

Lady dwarf beards should have been maintained, they were glorious.  This would be a debate better left to a fanatic of dwarf kind though.  

This thread should now be about dwarves.

In more than one fantasy author's story worlds, dwarves are impossible to sort in public by gender, as they are identical when they aren't naked. Terry Pratchett made great use of this in his stories, with female dwarves actually having a movement to represent as female (lace ribbons in beards, etc.).

Kinda neato.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I agree with this, and I never totally write someone off. But when I see people being disingenuous and sucking up energy from others it's irritating, even if it's their choice to feed those who are, at this time, in this thread.... trolling.

*hugs you*

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A child avatar must not engage in sexual activities, even if this is with a plant. If the person is clearly not a minor, then the other person must be roleplaying that they're delusional.  

Now wait just a dam moment,  I have this Ficus plant that I am quite fond of.

It is rather short for a Ficus, but it's a Bonsai tree, and claims it is 18+.  But it could be lying.

c5d25dd369a0b2692acdefc9284dfc8f.png

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

I'm a child avatar and guess what I call my dad ...... yes you guessed it ... Daddy.... 

Am I worried? No ... 

I do not want to dismiss or demean anyone's fears but hopefully alleviate them. If I as a child avatar do not worry about this then I think adults can have even more confidence. LL does not care about what you do with other consenting adults so long as what you do does not break the TOS. 

At the start of all this I was very worried and concerned about a lot of the changes but as LL have explained and clarified more and more I have become less and less anxious. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

It is rather short for a Ficus, but it's a Bonsai tree, and claims it is 18+.  But it could be lying.

A woman who married a tree in September 2019 said that her relationship is still going strong.

https://www.timesnownews.com/the-buzz/article/woman-who-married-tree-3-years-ago-says-boyfriend-doesnt-mind-it/842401

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

c5d25dd369a0b2692acdefc9284dfc8f.png

You gotta post it in the apparent-age-rating thread, so people can decide if it's really 300 years old, or one of those fakes they make.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

I was going to meet with you, but Linden Lab set up a trap I think.  

Snapshot_545.thumb.jpg.67e32929833a6c9097179116a0c2f930.jpg

Snapshot_546.thumb.jpg.6334c59836c97e2d0b4c473c1e4cc522.jpg

Monuments will be erected in honor of your bravery and sacrifice.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm guessing since it's prims, you used Wood glue!

Nothing but the stickiest of the stickiest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

A woman who married a tree in September 2019 said that her relationship is still going strong.

https://www.timesnownews.com/the-buzz/article/woman-who-married-tree-3-years-ago-says-boyfriend-doesnt-mind-it/842401

Trees are ideal spouses. They never complain and they never piss away rent money in bars at all hours of the night.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Trees are ideal spouses. They never complain and they never piss away rent money in bars at all hours of the night.

So true!  And I might add...they are very good listeners!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Also, there's no need to be jealous if there's a buncha birds hanging around your partner. Tre'll (yes, I'm coining a pronoun) still always be there for you.

Tre's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

So?  You forgot to mention she's in the UK. Nothing to see here folks.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:
53 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

So?  You forgot to mention she's in the UK. Nothing to see here folks.

Well here we have an article about women who marry trees all over the globe!

https://www.houstonforesight.org/forest-futures-the-women-who-marry-trees/

I think men better straighten up and act better...they have serious competition going on...

• Haha 2

Back to pumpkin avatars...  A Ruckus Couch, pine cone gnomes, two glasses of  Chartreuse liqueur-  and matching chartreuse modesty underwear for pumpkin girl.  This does not look good.  Are those the kids on the table?  

c68d317b6ed7590f44e645144666789a.jpg

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.