LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

3 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Don’t worry, you seem to know the line and stop it. So you are probably never going to be er, shut down,? Continue your fun in SL. And keep the creeps on check and you will be fine. 

I think you might have the wrong idea as many others do here too. It's not about a personal fear or not understanding the new rules but the effect on the community as a whole. I see it as a wedge to start changing SL to be more like IMVU where adult stuff is not allowed, no matter what one's age, in real or virtual.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There is a lot of people that say they are something or placed in something, but don't practice those somethings..

And a lot of people have no idea what a religion is .. the writer of the 'is forgiveniss" statement is one of those.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

And a lot of people have no idea what a religion is .. the writer of the 'is forgiveniss" statement is one of those.

Considering the response that was left on my post, I'd have to wonder if the one who likes to point out the ignorance of others has any better idea of what it is.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
words
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2024 at 5:30 PM, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh I know why you put up that profile pic and agree with it but the forum is in need of some drama to keep itself relevant.

Who knows why LL does most of the things it does but it does. Some of us actually do question how far LL is going to take this because they can make all the policy changes it wants but it comes down to what are they actually going to enforce and are they using ai to read all of our IM's. That bothers me more then the child aspect but not something they have given us an honest answer on.

So you are more concerned that they are monitoring your ims than the fact people are using child avatars for sexually gratification? 

As I said in a previous post, LL has ALWAYS had this ability to monitor our chats, so has every form on electronic communication since the beginning of electronic communication dawn of time. 
AI has been around for a long time. 
I remember back when AOL was a big thing, guess what happened.. people were being monitored and certain keywords were being used to promote further review. If you have nothing to hide then why so worried? (Not directed at you per say) 

it’s called accountability for a media corporation. Keeping its players safe sometimes requires some tough decisions. And it’s their ballgame anyway, either agree or get out. 

You can not play an a-hole card and a victim card in the same game. 

That is of course not directed at you, but to anyone who needs to hear it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm saying LL could totally misinterpret legal sex play in their bizarre quest to make child cartoons safe from... something

You and others keep misrepresenting the primary reasons for the changes to the TOS. The changes are not to protect users - except that those who use child avatars can AR other people who proposition or harass them. The changes are not to protect RL children - though making it a little harder for pedos to exchange information with each other in SL might help in that respect. The changes are to help Linden Lab market SL to potential new users and to help protect LL from further allegations about AP in SL in the future.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Yes but you can't have the frilly bit around the top, those are defo kids only

*runs off to marketplace for some shopping*

What about if the rest of the outfit is goth, punk or whorewear? Then can't you wear white ankle socks ironically?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Seems you are agreeing with my original premise.

LL employees can't monitor each chat as it happens, that's thousands of conversations, but an AI COULD and could immediately flag a suspect chat for a LL employee to investigate as its happening.

*beep beep* suspected AP on Isle 6, send in clean up crew

Chelan_Air-Raid-Siren.jpg

I like to imagine what a Mole clean-up crew for suspected AP would look like teleporting into a potential AP scene. Maybe they would wear hazmat suits? Maybe they would be dressed as angels with flaming swords? Maybe they would be dressed as a SWAT team? I think it would cool either way.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I think you might have the wrong idea as many others do here too. It's not about a personal fear or not understanding the new rules but the effect on the community as a whole. I see it as a wedge to start changing SL to be more like IMVU where adult stuff is not allowed, no matter what one's age, in real or virtual.

My problem with the whole sky is falling ideology, is that it creates unnecessary fear and even anger. Which in turn, could be misconstrued as fear-mongering. Just go with the flow. And calm down with the opinions, that come out as fact. I mean I have heard that whole schtick from many a user on Forums, but that hasn't happened yet. It's very akin to those doomsday prophesizers, they keep on saying its gonna happen. Yet we are still around. 

• Like 4

“I have a couple of boyfriends that like to be called Daddy while we play. After I make it clear I'm over 18, we get into it.”

• Nothing against the TOS above, parameters defined, rules followed unless some other factor(s) like visuals, speech during the session or something else contradicts that. Which we can’t know.
  • So everything quoted below is OP posting about how the TOS changes make them think and feel certain things - things that many of the rest of us perceive are not accurate providing the first statement is wholly true and correct. So everything below reads to me as subjective venting and misplaced ‘blame’ for their feelings based on a flawed perception of the new/revised rules. OP may be aware of that and trolling or may not be and simply venting but either way, nothing I read below has anything to do with the rules in the TOS as I understand it. 
  • My impression is that OP is considered something of an ‘unreliable narrator’ here at best, a troll at worst and so motive, intent, validity of opinion, reputation etc etc is questioned and so we get the furious blablabla of a hot thread. But is it a worthwhile thing to spend this much time and energy on? This is one of the things I find most frustrating about the forum. Given the BEST possible outcome for a thread like this, is it even reply-worthy? Given everything SL is, and all the things we could be giving attention to here and within the world, is this the best we can manage? 

“But now, the whole time I'm emoting I'm thinking, is the convo gonna be flagged and some Linden is gonna read it and go omg it’s AP, and cancel our accounts?

It's total BS

Thanks a lot Linden Lab for making a harmless pretend session a possible termination event.”

everything in quotes is pasted from the OP, no changes other than to break apart the post for commentary, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Where were we?

I disagree with the premise of the title, "LL has sucked all the fun out of it".

There is LOTS of more fun. Sucking all the fun out of it would be nearly impossible. 

The fun can only be sucked out temporarily. After a nap and a snack, most folks are ready for another round. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Where were we?

I disagree with the premise of the title, "LL has sucked all the fun out of it".

There is LOTS of more fun. Sucking all the fun out of it would be nearly impossible. 

Oh, I disagree with the premise of the title too. Like there are other things in SL to do, besides what the OP is talking about.  And if they don't like it, they can just leave SL. It's not that hard. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

So you are more concerned that they are monitoring your ims than the fact people are using child avatars for sexually gratification? 

If you have nothing to hide then why so worried? (Not directed at yo

Cartoon child avatars have been used for sexual gratification since SL started and though it might have been against the ToS since 2007, it was not talked about or enforced except when they started on witch hunts.

IM's being monitored has not been mentioned that I have heard. What other companies do is not a concern for my SL avatar so it is immaterial. At this point it would be nice to hear from the Lindens if they still are keeping to a 2 week log of IM's as that is pretty significant.

If you have nothing to hide then why so worried?

I don't recall what I said in every IM over the last 15 years, nor do I know how an Ai could potentially join words together to implicate one in some ToS breaking infraction.  It doesn't take much for an ai app to come up with some funky stuff that was not said in a bannable context. Look how quickly and easily it can come up with a themed poem from here: https://poemai.net/

In realms of pixels, where innocence dwelled,
A shadow crept, a threat that compelled.
Child avatars, a virtual disguise,
A gateway to darkness, where danger lies.

With every tap and click, a risk so grave,
Children lurked, seeking to deprave.
Their twisted minds, a sinister game,
Preying on adults, tarnishing their name.

Concerned parents raised their voices high,
Demanding action, protecting their sky.
Linden Labs listened, heeding the plea,
Banning child avatars, setting them free.

No longer would the perpetrators be prey,
Virtual realms, a safer place to play.
The innocent banished, their darkness confined,
Children's safety, forever entwined.

In the digital world, a brighter dawn,
Where childhood dreams are free to be drawn.
No more avatars to hide behind,
Protecting the oldsters, peace of mind to find.

So let us celebrate this victory won,
The banning of child avatars, a battle begun.
For in the realm of pixels, as in all spheres,
Banning children safely,  conquers fears.

• Like 1

No it is very much personal fears though, I mean I am not afraid or worried about it. Also I love people who use personal fears to cause fear amongst the users, than say its not due to personal fears. Yes it is, it very much is. And if you are that afraid, than you may want to check yourself. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You and others keep misrepresenting the primary reasons for the changes to the TOS. The changes are not to protect users - except that those who use child avatars can AR other people who proposition or harass them. The changes are not to protect RL children - though making it a little harder for pedos to exchange information with each other in SL might help in that respect. The changes are to help Linden Lab market SL to potential new users and to help protect LL from further allegations about AP in SL in the future.

There have been multiple justifications for why SL is doing this. Shall we add your reasoning to the ever growing list of possibilities for why they are?

@Arielle Popstar instead of worrying about the community and what these new rules could somehow imply, even though they were made clear in the FAQ. Which somehow you are either willfully ignorant or just choose to just keep on arguing for the sake of arguing for. Why not worry about yourself and what you are doing in SL? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Yes, absolutely. I can't on Earth see why it wouldn't be. 

I think I mentioned once having a very adult male friend who wore dresses like that. It's also still a very popular fashion style in this here 2024 with women (and men) in their 20s, 30s, 40s+ rocking it.

• Like 4

It's not about a personal fear or not understanding the new rules but the effect on the community as a whole. I see it as a wedge to start changing SL to be more like IMVU where adult stuff is not allowed, no matter what one's age, in real or virtual.

Surely there are ways to relieve yourself, I mean, get rid of these fears. Like talk to someone, submit a support ticket and ask if we are going to become BlockLand or whatever.

• Haha 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why on earth would that outfit not be safe???

This is why I dislike people like this, they will argue their point to kingdom come and then ask questions like is this safe or not? Without really using their head. If it's on an adult avatar, it's fine. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

@Arielle Popstar instead of worrying about the community and what these new rules could somehow imply, even though they were made clear in the FAQ. Which somehow you are either willfully ignorant or just choose to just keep on arguing for the sake of arguing for. Why not worry about yourself and what you are doing in SL? 

I see lots of loopholes in their clarifications. They are superficial at best and do not address some deeper concerns that you might be missing or assume the "Lab wouldn't ban for that!" Perhaps I am a little more distrusting then you, that I have valid reasons for.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Why on earth would that outfit not be safe???

This is why I dislike people like this, they will argue their point to kingdom come and then ask questions like is this safe or not? Without really using their head. If it's on an adult avatar, it's fine. 

Patience, my friend. I've already explained we have some challenged people on the forum. We don't want to make them feel too bad about themselves. It just takes them awhile to comprehend things. They're not bad people.