Possibly Changing Your Region To Adult Due To TOS?

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

complete change to a child appearance.

Personally, if I used 2 different avatars on my account and one was a child, I'd not be living on adult land to begin with.  If I did, it's easy enough to tp to a moderate region and switch.  Plenty of empty little islands in the Blake where one can do an outfit change in a few seconds then be on your way. Or, any public area in Belli would do.   Inconvenient?  Maybe but so are a lot of things in SL.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Personally, if I used 2 different avatars on my account and one was a child, I'd not be living on adult land to begin with.  If I did, it's easy enough to tp to a moderate region and switch.  Plenty of empty little islands in the Blake where one can do an outfit change in a few seconds then be on your way. Or, any public area in Belli would do.   Inconvenient?  Maybe but so are a lot of things in SL

Well if i am paying for land for the privacy then I would at least want it for whatever look i am putting together or wearing. I'm funny that way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well if i am paying for land for the privacy then I would at least want it for whatever look i am putting together or wearing. I'm funny that way.

Thta's fine, but even in the privacy of your own home, if you're changing into a child avatar (even if you're going elsewhere) you still run the risk of being AR'ed. The labs have said they look at intent and that they wouldn't judge those too harsly if they end up in an adult region and then instantly TP away. I'm not sure how'd they look at somone who lives on adult land though. 

Better off just tping to M or G really. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It's a pain but, unless LL create some sort of exception for the parcel owner, then the following will apply:

Residents presenting as Child Avatars shall be prohibited from the following:

Entering any Region rated Adult. Residents must change to a non-child or non-childlike avatar to visit Adult rated regions.
Engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected.
Wearing genital/sexual attachments including clothing, attachments or HUDs created for and/or worn by child avatars to indicate genitalia, whether visible or not.
Being fully nude. Child avatar content creators are required to add a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies, is not transparent, does not match the skin tone, and may not be removed.
Child avatars where the focal point of the body is on the breasts, pelvis, or buttocks
Participation in lewd or sexual acts in which one or more of the avatars appears to represent minors (or the depiction of such acts in images, video, textures, or text).

Posted (edited)

One other point to consider is that if you change your region to A rated, it's likely you won't be able to access your own land from the mobile app - regardless the apparent age of your avatar.

Edited by JacksonBollock
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JacksonBollock said:

Entering any Region rated Adult. Residents must change to a non-child or non-childlike avatar to visit Adult rated regions.
Engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected.

And why should  this apply to your private home on an Adult region?  Private means private, and is not an event or a location where nudity or sexual activity is present or expected. My home is not a public event!  We have a Constitution in my country that prevents governments from invading your personal privacy in your own home without a court order.  Just because you may live in a country that has no right to privacy does not mean SL has to follow those oppressive rules.   

The sheep of SL will not care though.  That is why these rules were made - no one will care.

LL needs to emphasize to their residents that childlike means a 17 yr old avatar, not what most think of as child.  How to get the word out to everyone?  Clearly LL will not do it.  You know of anyone that has their own SL home?  Remind them to never try on a teen body in their adult region, OR try on a teen body in their Moderate region, without the modestly underwear.  They could be perma banned alone in their own privacy protected home.  Let that sink in.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

It would be so silly to not be allowed to change outfits while on my Moderate parcel. That would mean that anyone who occasionally wears a child avatar would have to relinquish their homes and move to a General sim. I wouldn't even be able to afford such a move. I would have to first sell my parcels before buying more land on a G rated sim.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Private means private, and is not an event or a location where nudity or sexual activity is present or expected. My home is not a public event! 

That is the second rule and would apply to moderate land.  The rule about not being allowed on adult land is rule One.  Separate rules.

#1 Entering any Region rated Adult. Residents must change to a non-child or non-childlike avatar to visit Adult rated regions.

#2 Engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

As someone who is in several well known active anti griefer groups and has been for years this would be the first actual case I've personally read about where someone has used a child avatar to grief someone. I would say it's a extremely rare occurrence. So as someone who does the whole family thing on here I'd say no.

However that having been said when the topic of land comes up to me it is due to the TOS changes that I'm not inclined to rebuy and/or purchase land on this platform anymore either. While I get what they are trying to do the reality is they are a day late and a dollar short by decades. These new changes do nothing, but paint targets on peoples backs who legitly play their kid roles and who work in that market. So I kinda feel bad for them for having to deal with and put up with all of that. Won't ever be me. I don't have the patience for wrapped up in stupid and rolling in dumb anymore these days.  

I support the end game goal, but not the so called method of execution to the resolution. People who circumvent the rules will always find the work around. This did nothing to change anything except punish the average players. That I won't support. At the end of the day I don't care. This is just an out side looking in opinion from me. I just think a pandoras box got opened up providing ammunition for false reports to those who don't like people who play kid avatars. Which was already a problem before the change.

Hopefully most people like myself already had their own set of strict rules in place already to where this is a non-issue either way the wind blows on it. So I personally didn't loose any sleep over it. I just think it's a bloody load of crap is all. lol🤣

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2024 at 3:14 PM, Luna Bliss said:

I'm considering changing my 2 regions to Adult due to the new TOS. Is anybody else considering this?

Often I go AFK in my own sims and it leaves me wide open to griefer child avatars coming to stand beside me and derendering my clothes or something.  I've got a couple major enemies here, and some have delighted in getting me time-outs on the forum via various manipulations, so no doubt they'd love to be able to get me banned from SL completely.

I've got a big park under my store with rides and I'm sure lots of child avatars would enjoy this, and I've even had one child avatar approach me, really loving the park, but wondering about the safety of the sim as it was M at the time. I'd really like child avatars to be able to enjoy the park, but I suppose in order to protect myself I'll need to limit child avatars and hope they find visiting as an adult acceptable.

This will really disadvantage me due to less sales in my store above the park though, as I believe the default for new people is G & M, and when people have to change a setting you always lose a few who don't want to bother adding the A setting, or don't even understand they need to change a setting, or else believe total sex-stuff is on an A sim so avoid it.

I’ve been to several places that I could have sworn were M regions previously! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

That is the second rule and would apply to moderate land.  The rule about not being allowed on adult land is rule One.  Separate rules.

#1 Entering any Region rated Adult. Residents must change to a non-child or non-childlike avatar to visit Adult rated regions.

#2 Engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected.

Yep, sorry - my quoting of the original was rubbish.

Thanks @Rowan Amore