Discuss or Comments about Child, Adult, Can't Tell Thread

3 hours ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Maybe I will make myself that wicked witch avatar after all?!  I could even make a couple of flying animesh monkeys to complete the look (with non-removable modesty patches of course!) 🤔 

Lol. I've been working on something like her for a long time. The idea originally started as "eccentric old woman who lives in the woods and is rumored to be a witch," but given how close she looks already, I just may give in and turn her a lovely shade of green. 😂

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

No, but there is strong feeling in certain groups that young looking avatars are explicitly created to fool and catfish men.

yes because we  know all men are as young and fit and handsome as their avis

😂

• Haha 1

I originally decided to rp a child in Second Life to avoid unwanted male attention. The problem is that I spend a lot of time in SL fishing, so rather than create an adult female character, I use a robot avatar when fishing on adult sims. Some places, such as dance clubs, prefer visitors to be in a human body, so I also made an elderly male avatar for this purpose. I'm hoping no one will find my old man attractive but you never know 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hopefully I'll be forgiven for not keeping up with the many pages and threads, but IIRC, the official FAQ implied that there was a clear distinction between robots and child avatars. . . Some of my robot avatars are a bit child-like though. Maybe I can't be the coolest toy ever on adult regions now?

Q: I am a child avatar in SL. How do I shop for anything, when many of the popular stores for furniture, AOs, gestures, etc. have both regular and adult versions in their Moderate rated store?

A: As stated above, child avatars cannot engage or participate in the use of adult versions of such content. It may be best to create an outfit with a non-human or non-child human persona to run errands such as shopping, such as any of the default Second Life avatars, robots, et cetera.

• Like 1

My robot av is micro sized and has eyes and wears lashes and blush so is presenting as female but I don't expect that LL would ever require me to identify as a child when I wear this avatar. The only issue I run into is when a sim has a minimum height requirement.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

You'll never guess what my animesh tail actually is... it's the best 'tail' I could find (and a tail is all I wanted, really!). It gets a bit unconformable after a while.

I recall thinking when I eventually found it after demo'ing and failing a load of tails, something like, "Of course, it's SL... I should have known to search for one of those in the first place."

Snapshot_2780a.thumb.jpg.365e64fce781f869d9863fe3f9f86dfc.jpg

On a serious note, I've never thought of that Dinky-based avatar as a child, although I do tend to think of it as 'mini me'. Hmm.

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

You'll never guess what my animesh tail actually is... it's the best 'tail' I could find (and a tail is all I wanted, really!). It gets a bit unconformable after a while.

I recall thinking when I eventually found it after demo'ing and failing a load of tails, something like, "Of course, it's SL... I should have known to search for one of those in the first place."

Snapshot_2780a.thumb.jpg.365e64fce781f869d9863fe3f9f86dfc.jpg

On a serious note, I've never thought of that Dinky-based avatar as a child, although I do tend to think of it as 'mini me'. Hmm.

I always assumed Dinkies were adult cats just small.  I have seen some dressed more childlike, though.  Just like with humans, clothing and accessories will come into play.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, taya Maruti said:

I wonder of the 4 who labled my avatar as a child what was your reason, the unkown i can understand, as it seems a common theme on avitars using less than popular/common bodies.

I just went back to look at your pic.  I was one of the few that marked adult. I can see why you got a lot of the confused faces, but I stand by seeing your avatar as adult.  Maybe a pic from a different angle or using different lighting would help.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I just went back to look at your pic.  I was one of the few that marked adult. I can see why you got a lot of the confused faces, but I stand by seeing your avatar as adult.  Maybe a pic from a different angle or using different lighting would help.

that does make sence and why i was not to concerned about confusion, since it is reasonable getting good lighting was proving to be the hard part at the time i took that picture, and i have been thinking since i should have gotten a few other angles, as for pose not much i can do since i have a modification that requires a posestand or mirror to allow me out of mouselook, and i didn't want a tpose so had to make somthing with my limited animtion library.

17 minutes ago, taya Maruti said:

I wonder of the 4 who labled my avatar as a child what was your reason, the unkown i can understand, as it seems a common theme on avitars using less than popular/common bodies.

I marked it as a.child because that looked like a diaper with a baby cow on the front.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I didn't recognize that as a diaper. Is it a diaper?

thats part of the point of this specific outfit, i don't want to poison peoples decisions with comments on it athis time though so i am going to hold comments about the ideology that a diaper is exclusivly for children till a while out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, taya Maruti said:

thats part of the point of this specific outfit, i don't want to poison peoples decisions with comments on it athis time though so i am going to hold comments about the ideology that a diaper is exclusivly for children till a while out.

I looked but didn't vote because I wasn't sure if it was representing an adult baby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for your feedback on my pics. 

@Blush Bravin, I totally agree with you on both where you left the "can't tell" response.

The "young-looking" primmy lion has a "young-style" mane and oversized eyes. (He has "adult mane" options too.  He is one of my favorites, he's kind of adorable despite being "primmy".

The Luskwood "Standard" lion is ambiguous, as I think most old Luskwood avatars were originally intended to be.

I'll add more later, didn't want my "most common" to be lost if I post too many others that are rarely used.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I looked but didn't vote because I wasn't sure if it was representing an adult baby.

Wouldn't an "adult baby" still be a "child-style" / childish avatar, like the woman with the diaper fetish?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, taya Maruti said:

I put confused on both, and its to do with the furry AV and I just cannot tell what age someone is trying to be off any of them... the diaper isn't an issue for those of us who are into, or know about, kinky stuff

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I didn't recognize that as a diaper. Is it a diaper?

That's what it looks like to me.  Since it's infinitely harder to age a non human avatar, the diaper was the only visible clue.  Even without, I'd probably not be sure.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

I put confused on both, and its to do with the furry AV and I just cannot tell what age someone is trying to be off any of them... the diaper isn't an issue for those of us who are into, or know about, kinky stuff

that is compleatly understandable i do fully understand not being able to tell the age of a furry, let alone one using the body i am using, and several others with common/known human also got more confused reports, and confused can be worked with :p

• Like 1