Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'd like to hear more about this Linden Inspection that gave the region owner notice that is was going to happen

Idk about it, was just what the mod told me. Apparently Linden Labs visit adult sims, to see if anything is going wrong, from time to time.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

You can see a lot of f-ed up stuff things say on that site alone. It won't stop me from being short, however.

In fact, more actually like my size over my reborn, who is thicc and has a Raven or Briannon head.

Male, Female, Trans hit on me more as a shortie, but some people do look at height to be the end all to be all.

I got a 3 hour band because I was short, on a sim I frequented all the time, because Lindens were visiting there for a check up. That's what the mod told me, I was 5'6" in there. "Sorry, only for 3 hours, linden is inspecting us and we don't want to be into trouble because of your height."

They thought height was going to get them into trouble.

I'm not a fan of anyone  knocking anyone for the choice of their avatar and how they want to express themselves..

People like that that try to push others out of their own SL experience really get under my skin. them and their unwritten rules..I got their rule adjustment, right in my nuke box.. hehehe

As far as land owners..I respect a land owners choice to run their land how they choose. It's their section of the world and I wouldn't want them dissing my section if it ever came to it..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Idk about it, was just what the mod told me. Apparently Linden Labs visit adult sims, to see if anything is going wrong, from time to time.

It's false. Don't believe everything people tell you.

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

You do know that they don't need to have a physical presence to see what is going on in a region, see avatar heights, or attachments, right?

That is a bold statement to make. Which region?  How long ago? Which Lindens were there in the pixel? Is there emergency protocol for a sneak visit by a Linden? Like - if you see a Linden land in the region 1. Kick out anyone under 6ft.  2. Rez a auto height detector, ASAP! 3. Send out an emergency group notice that an inspection is happening.

Really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

You do know that they don't need to have a physical presence to see what is going on in a region, see avatar heights, or attachments, right?

That is a bold statement to make. Which region?  How long ago? Which Lindens were there in the pixel? Is there emergency protocol for a sneak visit by a Linden? Like - if you see a Linden land in the region 1. Kick out anyone under 6ft.  2. Rez a auto height detector, ASAP! 3. Send out an emergency group notice that an inspection is happening.

Really?

But just because we never heard of it after 15, 16, 17+ years, doesn't mean it's not true!!!

• Haha 3

Just now, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Really?

I don't know any of that but I use to hang out at bare sun little paradise often. I was banned for three hours and was able to come back after.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

She has her boob slider all the way up

her saddle bags, her butt, she looks like a man's hyper sexual fantasy from top to bottom

with stretch marks, veins. She looks like what her boyfriend created her to look like. She literally allowed him to make her shape

and she wore that shape.

Thicc af and he still did talk that sh* because she wanted to walk around her own sim bare footed.

This crap happens in RL too. A woman can be thin, and a controlling boyfriend or husband will still tell her she needs to lose weight. It's not all guys or even most guys, but it's a common tactic for narcissistic, controlling ones. It's like "negging", trying to make her feel self-conscious, so they can feel like they're better. I had one guy who kept telling me I was a bad driver. Yet he was the one who had 2 accidents in one year and lost his driver's license the 2nd time.

In SL I had one guy who wanted me to change the clothes my avatar was wearing more often, while he was wearing the same baggy pants, no shirt outfit all the freaking time. He was jealous of me talking with a guy friend, while he was fooling around with another women. 🙄

Edited by Persephone Emerald
typo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This crap happens in RL too. A woman can be thin, and a controlling boyfriend or husband will still tell her she needs to lose weight. It's not all guys or even most guys, but it's a common tactic for narcissistic, controlling ones. It's like "negging", trying to make her feel self-conscious, so they can feel like they're better. I had one guy who kept telling me I was a bad driver. Yet he was the one who had 2 accidents in one year and lost his driver's license the 2nd time.

In SL I had one guy who wanted me to change the clothes my avatar was wearing more often, while he was wearing the same baggy pants, no shirt outfit all the freaking time. He was jealous of me talking with a guy friend, while he was fooling around with another women. 🙄

My ex was like that, jealous when I spoke to other friends.

I've also had an ex, where she wanted to spoil me but I wanted her to save her money so she started cheating on me to spoil someone else.

Sad times sometimes.

• Sad 1

Some "giants" feel that you are a child for being shorter than they are, especially being below 6 ft.

One of my friends who was 6'3" got crap from her boyfriend, even though her looks don't look youthful,

for being out of her shoes, which makes her like 6'9" in them.

He said "Why are you that short, I don't like that sh*, you look like a child, why you short? get your b* a* out my face with that sh*"

a bimbo aesthetic in a reborn body, dresses in white and black often.

So some people do do that.

Some giants do yell that you are a child for being shorter than they are.

She has her boob slider all the way up

her saddle bags, her butt, she looks like a man's hyper sexual fantasy from top to bottom

with stretch marks, veins. She looks like what her boyfriend created her to look like. She literally allowed him to make her shape

and she wore that shape.

Thicc af and he still did talk that sh* because she wanted to walk around her own sim bare footed.

1 hour ago, Starberry Passion said:

No, they're still together. She likes him and she has a doll fetish.

It just gets annoying when people say things like "Giants don't make people look like children, just short." when there are so many people who actually think short = children alone.

It's why a lot of people go giant is because  of they think this way.

What does this have to do with ANYTHING on this thread? You use this as proof that people think short person = children?

Who in the hockey sticks allows anyone to treat them this way in SL and then continues to allow them to be around them?

Also,  you do realize that 90% of things that were posted on VS are lies correct? Sounds like you spent a whole lot of time over there,  which TBH is not surprising.

This whole thread has opened up my eyes and I will be reevaluating my practice  to "turn the other cheek" and not AR people for doing something wrong.  I mean since everyone has been saying that this will cause a lot of AR's when no one said it, I might as well.  See you around the grid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not a fan of anyone  knocking anyone for the choice of their avatar and how they want to express themselves..

People like that that try to push others out of their own SL experience

And yet, isn't that exactly what LL is now doing?

28 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I don't know any of that but I use to hang out at bare sun little paradise often. I was banned for three hours and was able to come back after.

Starberry, I apologize for my sarcastic tone. I could have disagreed with you in a kinder way.

If you didn't read it sarcastically, I still apologize because it did sound mean to me after I read it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Starberry, I apologize for my sarcastic tone. I could have disagreed with you in a kinder way.

If you didn't read it sarcastically, I still apologize because it did sound mean to me after I read it.

It's fine, I'm use to that kind of stuff.

• Sad 1

Since we're on the subject and now that I think about it...

I've had a rare Linden-sighting once in-world when I was zipping around the grid shopping a long time ago.

She was kinda short.

Some of the Moles are kinda short, too, no? I mean, don't go by me necessarily since I'm one of those giants n stuff but...still...

I'm just thinking back to the Snap-a-Mole thread.

Height alone doesn't matter. Raise it. Lower it. Don't worry about anyone who makes it a big deal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Since we're on the subject and now that I think about it...

I've had a rare Linden-sighting once in-world when I was zipping around the grid shopping a long time ago.

She was kinda short.

Some of the Moles are kinda short, too, no? I mean, don't go by me necessarily since I'm one of those giants n stuff but...still...

I'm just thinking back to the Snap-a-Mole thread.

Height alone doesn't matter. Raise it. Lower it. Don't worry about anyone who makes it a big deal.

Yeah, I do see them sometimes. Soft use to come on at times, they too were short.

Even spoke in a group sometimes, some of us would even joke with Soft. They were a cool person.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

It's fine, really. Reality taught me to grow up with a tough skin.

I'd rather add something nice to the world and leave someone with a smile.

/me hands you a loofah pad to scrub off all that tough skin.

Enjoy your SL Starberry

• Like 3

Speaking of Mole sightings, the first time I ever saw a Linden Lab employee was at the recent meeting about the TOS. It was the most surreal (and slightly intimidating) experience I've had in SL to look up and suddenly see all these non-human avatars with blue text over their heads hovering in a circle surrounding all of us who were there for the meeting. I felt like a scene from some bizarre sci-fi film. I had no idea what they were doing there, I thought it was just going to be Tommy and Keira on stage.

• Haha 1

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

no they are the ultimate land owner, and if you dont follow their rules, you are out the door

Just like any sim owner and their rules.. we always have the option to leave on our own or stay and change according to their rules.

and speaking of out the door, everything that can possibly be said on this topic has been said and thoroughly discounted by those that think LL can do no wrong. I on the other hand think LL can do nothing right.

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'd rather add something nice to the world and leave someone with a smile.

/me hands you a loofah pad to scrub off all that tough skin.

Enjoy your SL Starberry

I am enjoying myself.

I'm trying to get others to ignore what others have to say about them because

what matters is what the one behind the wheel thinks.

At the same time, people do target you for being something they don't like. Just ignore them and have fun,

this is all that I am saying. Look, I'm at the beach right now, minding my own business.

fbcb9546ee63d652824a7044416338d5.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

no they are the ultimate land owner, and if you dont follow their rules, you are out the door

I really don't even know why you haven't left yet then.  OH yeah, because you aren't afraid of getting banned and are not going to do anything to change so you don't get banned. However everyone else should be shaking in their boots. You are just providing a PSA right?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.