So what changed in the Terms of Service?

1 minute ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Has anyone considered that the reason sim owners use a script to kick out short avatars is because they cannot be there 24/7 to try to keep out underage appearing avatars?  Until there is another way to determine if an avatar  has a childlike appearance without needing constant in person monitoring that will be the method used.  

Isn't it enough that an owner of a region has to pay $109-209 USD each month as tier in order to allow people to use it?  If they need to also pay someone to be there all the time to monitor and make sure no TOS violations occur then expect more sims to be closing.

That still doesn't make it right or give an excuse. Yes they can do what they want and kick how they want or do what they want but The T.O.S. states that height is not an issue, it's still discrimination based on height.

It's in their right to do so, can't do anything about it, I understand that but it doesn't make it right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean you really can't stop region owners choosing who they will or will not allow in their regions. 

Thats not what its about though.  Its region owners who are scared of LLs rules, which they probably don't understand, and think they have to do this to save themselves because of the LL rules... even though they don't really want to.

• Like 3

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

That still doesn't make it right or give an excuse. Yes they can do what they want and kick how they want or do what they want but The T.O.S. states that height is not an issue, it's still discrimination based on height.

It's in their right to do so, can't do anything about it, I understand that but it doesn't make it right.

Well I mean they do it with rollercoasters IRL, you can only be a certain height to ride it. I get it's for safety reasons, but region owners can do the same thing. I mean it ain't right, but it's also their region. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Has anyone considered that the reason sim owners use a script to kick out short avatars is because they cannot be there 24/7 to try to keep out underage appearing avatars?  Until there is another way to determine if an avatar  has a childlike appearance without needing constant in person monitoring that will be the method used.  

Isn't it enough that an owner of a region has to pay $109-209 USD each month as tier in order to allow people to use it?  If they need to also pay someone to be there all the time to monitor and make sure no TOS violations occur then expect more sims to be closing.

LL can tell if someone is or is not online though. That should be enough to protect the owner. I would assume that even LL had the sense to know if the owner was not online that they would not be able to enforce a violation. Plus with the new rules, an underage avatar is not allowed on adult parcels, by going they are automatically in violation now, not the sim owner.

• Like 2

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well I mean they do it with rollercoasters IRL, you can only be a certain height to ride it. I get it's for safety reasons, but region owners can do the same thing. I mean it ain't right, but it's also their region. 

His character is 6'4", 6'4" is allowed on every rollercoaster that I can think of.

1 minute ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

Thats not what its about though.  Its region owners who are scared of LLs rules, which they probably don't understand, and think they have to do this to save themselves because of the LL rules... even though they don't really want to.

Well before these new rules, the onus was on the region owner. So if someone came and did stuff like that, the region owner was held accountable. With these new rules, the person who broke the rules is being held accountable. But they don't want to take any chances. Better to be safe than sorry, you know. 

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well before these new rules, the onus was on the region owner. So if someone came and did stuff like that, the region owner was held accountable. With these new rules, the person who broke the rules is being held accountable. But they don't want to take any chances. Better to be safe than sorry, you know. 

What might the solution to this be?

• Haha 1

And this is why I said there needs to be an incentive for more sim building so people can feel more included in areas. There is either someone accusing someone of being a child, being childlike, being too short, being a walking ToS. If only Sims were not as expensive.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yep... Your World, Your Imagination, Their Sim, Their Rules... that's pretty much how it works in SL unfortunately.

I've never really minded because why would I want to be somewhere I'm not welcome anyway, there are plenty of other, more welcoming, places to be.

Edited by Fluffy Sharkfin
typo
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

I've never had any problems, but I don't engage in adult activities.

Snapshot_202.thumb.jpg.9a5c331456fc06c7d1c02e4136b65e3c.jpg

Funny enough, I just took this screenshot.  I'm back in my Senra avatar now.  I would not be in the least bit worried about getting a ban using this avatar.

• Like 2

Just now, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Yep... Your World, Your Imagination, Their Sim, Their Rules... that's pretty much how it works in SL unfortunately.

I've never really minded because why would I want to be somewhere I'm not welcome anyway, there are plenty of other. more welcoming, places to be.

I never understood the reason to complain, I mean if the owner doesn't want that person there. They need to find another place. That is what I would do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

What might the solution to this be?

Don't know to be honest with you. But I also don't think avatars are entitled to every region on the grid. 

My proposal is that these region owners learn exactly what the rules are so they don't overreact.

They would learn through education by LL and other residents.

I don't think child avatars should be allowed everywhere yes, but it could get to the point where they can hardly go anywhere if the rules aren't clearly defined.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I never understood the reason to complain, I mean if the owner doesn't want that person there. They need to find another place. That is what I would do. 

I would complain, as well, if I went to a sim for so many moons, knew everyone, got along with everyone and then suddenly banned from my favorite sim I spent so much time on and established relationships with people there.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Tbh I have nothing against petite or short since there's nothing wrong with it.(some adults are short real life what's so confusing about that?)

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well being rejected or excluded does really suck, and even short people have feelings (it's just that our tears don't take as long to hit the ground! 😢)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

My proposal is that these region owners learn exactly what the rules are so they don't overreact.

They would learn through education by LL and other residents.

I don't think child avatars should be allowed everywhere yes, but it could get to the point where they can hardly go anywhere if the rules aren't clearly defined.

Okay so you are wanting a reeducation system, to teach them how they think is wrong? Not taking into consideration of them maybe being uncomfortable with actual child avatars or even cautious who they let in

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

....never really minded because why would I want to be somewhere I'm not welcome anyway, there are plenty of other, more welcoming, places to be.

But we're getting reports of severe limitations regarding where child avatars and shorter avatars can visit.  If it gets too severe it would impact the quality of their SL.

6 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

If I understand the rules [what few things they do confirm in that vague mess]  on the criterial used to judge. I would assume it's okay, it's tiny, but it's still an adult avatar, so assuming it looks old enough, I would assume it's okay. But maybe I should add that to my list of questions for LL.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Well being rejected or excluded does really suck, and even short people have feelings (it's just that our tears don't take as long to hit the ground! 😢)

Oh I totally get that, but there are so many other regions out there that you can choose from. Clearly they don't want you or your money, and you can just support the place that actually wants you ♥

• Thanks 1