Linden Home Log Mountaineer proposal for a new option

Greetings.

Would it be possible to propose a change or a new selection to the Linden Home Log Mountaineer?

The interior staircase to access the loft should have as an option, in addition to the current "permanent" one, a trapdoor, retractable, like the one found in the Ranch Knotty Pine house (which Patch Linden likes so much).

the proposal:
image.thumb.jpeg.7c4c42a1c4b749009790a86827ce27e6.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.71ef5438f581ac1fd31ca5163c29bb84.jpeg

Instead of the permanent (we would gain space for 3 paintings).
image.thumb.jpeg.596a8cc38a3aaa114e7a088c357fe7dd.jpeg

Edited by Radioactive Rosca
Pictures updated, text rectified
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

The Log Homes are actually my 2nd favorite theme after Victorians. The environment is so peaceful and reminds me of homes around Lake Tahoe in RL. There are only 4 home styles to choose from though. 🙁 Given that the old LH Tahoe A-frames are relatively popular, I think the LDPW should add another A-frame (with another big picture window), a single story cottage, and a couple open interior homes (also with big windows). 

image.png.a50edf6b439750bdb44182ad7211a0e4.png

Edited by Persephone Emerald
To add example picture
  • Like 7

And back doors in all the options.

I'm waiting for new logs also, smaller, big windows, back doors. I have a Grandview, but too big forme, love the big glass wall.

Edited by Tary Allen
Typo
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

And back doors in all the options.

I'm waiting for new logs also, smaller, big windows, back doors. I have a Grandview, but too big forme, love the big glass wall.

For me, the Grand View is the perfect size, and it is my favorite Log Home model by far.  Like most, I do wish it had a back door, and of course there is the issue with the 90° rotation.  I love that the moles thought about those windows and considered that we might want to be able to point them in a different direction, but as we have all learned, 90° isn't enough to acquire the best view (in most cases).  It feels like keeping the door somewhat accessible from the mailbox/road was the priority, which makes sense from a functional standpoint, but at the cost of the grand view for which the model was named.     

• Like 8

One of the thinks I like more in Log Mountaineer is the room on the top floor of the house, pre-configured for a bathroom. I don't know of any other model, among the 12 different types of LH, that has a space specifically created for a bathroom.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 10:42 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

And the new options should have big windows in the back for people who want to look at the backyard instead of the road or 180° rotation

That would be cool if your back-neighbor also had the big windows, you could wave at each other while admiring the picturesque view!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Radioactive Rosca said:

One of the thinks I like more in Log Mountaineer is the room on the top floor of the house, pre-configured for a bathroom. I don't know of any other model, among the 12 different types of LH, that has a space specifically created for a bathroom.

I personally like the fact that several of the Linden Homes leave room for a little imagination.  I don't want the same bathroom as everyone else, and if I want an extra floor, no problem.

image.thumb.jpeg.8aa1c2615c50f769e0277fa28ebddd89.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.147d8d88cc20aca814640387ee8dc4e5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cd5b2039b742706404ef3f41d5f2ddb3.jpeg

• Like 8

In Logland, I've always wanted a small single room cabin that could be moved to a choice of three or four positions on the parcel. I wouldn't be picky about Windows or doors for such a small place; The focus would be on the outdoors. 

There are many log parcels with an absolutely enchanting forest ambiance.

• Like 7

Yes, for me a small cabin, 2 rooms at most would be enough, I don't see the need for a bathroom (or a kitchen) in my  SL house, and smaller places use lesss prims, big glass windows and a back door and I would be happy :)

small-log-cabin-5.jpg

• Like 7

• Moles
50 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

Yes, for me a small cabin, 2 rooms at most would be enough, I don't see the need for a bathroom (or a kitchen) in my  SL house, and smaller places use lesss prims, big glass windows and a back door and I would be happy :)

small-log-cabin-5.jpg

But where do you eat an poop?!?!? (ideally these should be two separate locations for obvious reasons)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

But where do you eat an poop?!?!? (ideally these should be two separate locations for obvious reasons)

eat: small kitchenette in a corner w/breakfast bar, plus an outdoor sitting area where one can eat

poop: Dude!  outhouse, obviously!  A floral one, preferably :) 

(Now, how about giving us one or two of those lovely dogwoods ...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

well, so many woods around :) and I have a small lake in the back of my log, good for baths

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

Picnic table and outhouse, on separate sides of the yard

• Haha 3