Forum Banned Word List

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
18 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It WOULD be interesting if there are different word-filters in the Adult Forum.

Uhhhh...I don't think there would be (or could be, given the forum software - can it do that?). I don't hang out there enough to know, actually!

I did some lookin' awhile back (probably when someone complained about a specific Forum feature), and was surprised that they can just go purchase Forum features for a few bucks here and there.  Like the "Theme".  So, nothing would surprise me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

A lot of shared terms, though, that would be censored.

*says the list out loud so the mods and filters can't get meeeeee*

There's always George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television". 

• Like 1

Love i have you blocked, but i saw your post in someone elses reply. I wasn’t butthurt about my post needing moderation, I just thought this would be an interesting topic, but if if makes you feel better go right on thinking that.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Love i have you blocked, but i saw your post in someone elses reply. I wasn’t butthurt about my post needing moderation, I just thought this would be an interesting topic, but if if makes you feel better go right on thinking that.

I have you blocked too, although I read some of your posts since they are.."interesting"! 🙂

• Haha 2

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:
33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have you blocked too, although I read some of your posts since they are.."interesting"! 🙂

I did the same with you since once in a while you are on topic!

Keep it up, and none of us will block each other! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Keep it up, and none of us will block each other! 🙂

Come on be honest. Everyone who says they have someone blocked doesn't really, they just like to announce it because it's easier to say that than "I think you're stupid. 

If they do have you blocked they can't help but read your posts anyway.  You know you do.  It's like wanting to push a button that says "don't push"

Lastly, the block only hurts the person doing the blocking because if they have you blocked then they can't *shouldn't* respond to you because they said they blocked you. :) 

Even when people say they aren't going to respond anymore to a thread, most of the time they do.

Anyone can feel free blocking me. No need to announce it. Just do it.  :)

Now @BilliJo Aldrin don't reponed because I know you have me blocked. ;)

Be courteous and don't quote this post. LOL * I know. Someone will do it.*

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Come on be honest. Everyone who says they have someone blocked doesn't really, they just like to announce it because it's easier to say that than "I think you're stupid. 

If they do have you blocked they can't help but read your posts anyway.  You know you do.  It's like wanting to push a button that says "don't push"

Lastly, the block only hurts the person doing the blocking because if they have you blocked then they can't *shouldn't* respond to you because they said they blocked you. :) 

Even when people say they aren't going to respond anymore to a thread, most of the time they do.

Anyone can feel free blocking me. No need to announce it. Just do it.  :)

Now @BilliJo Aldrin don't reponed because I know you have me blocked. ;)

Be courteous and don't quote this post. LOL * I know. Someone will do it.*

I really do block people. Depending on the topic and replies, curiosity gets the best of me and I read some of their posts. If I catch them being decent enough, or replying to me in a non-toxic way (why they're blocked in the first place), I sometimes unblock them.

Some  of my "now favored" and even followed posters have gone through this process.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

If someone is rarely on topic and is just throwing around random posts about the blue sky then after a while it makes no sense to continue seeing their posts, it is just jarring. It is only when others find their posts significant enough to quote them that I would consider opening the post of a blocked user to see what they said if it was somewhat relevant and actually adds to the conversation. Your assumption is incorrect on several different levels. They can be the smartest person on the forum but if they are habitually off -topic, I simply have no interest in what they said. If that changed and the poster starts to add something to the conversation then I relook at the block because it becomes inconvenient to open each of their posts to see what has been added to the flow of the topic.

• Like 3

I've never bothered to block anyone. Plenty of people annoy me, but I don't get riled easily and I count to ten (sometimes twenty) before responding to some idiotic comment, especially if it's not directed at me anyway. Besides, sometimes even the most annoying people have something interesting to say.  I'd hate to miss a rare nugget.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I've never bothered to block anyone. Plenty of people annoy me, but I don't get riled easily and I count to ten (sometimes twenty) before responding to some idiotic comment, especially if it's not directed at me anyway. Besides, sometimes even the most annoying people have something interesting to say.  I'd hate to miss a rare nugget.

+1, those "rare nuggets" are why I regret blocking sometimes.

• Like 1

Given how this (and most) forum software handles blocks, I absolutely hate doing it anywhere. It's far more obnoxious having that notice on the screen reminding you every time someone you blocked posted something. Discord used to have that, too, but I think they've since toned it down. I dunno. I don't block anything there, either.

Scrolling by without reading is far more efficient almost everywhere, IMO.

Anything that cuts down the time it takes to catch up on some of those zillion-page threads you guys like to make is fine by me. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

..Thanks?

You aren't the only one who makes threads like that! Though you are one of the culprits...

I'm just teasing, anyway. I like reading them. It just takes ages to catch up if you miss a few hours!

Don't worry, Love. I still read your posts. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have an incomplete understanding of the meaning and purpose of "free speech." Words are verbal utterances that have meaning. Language is designed to convey meaning. No one has a right to NOT be communicated at, no matter how much they might be "offended." Tough it up Buttercup. It always starts with good intentions, but it grows and becomes an effort to truncate people's minds. Do you know why there are "Bad words"? Because the Anglo-Saxxon religion, and language itself was banned by the conquering Franks. Saxxon terms became by definition the speech of the slave peoples and proper households did not use those terms...This habit remains today with many of the banned terms originating from the Saxxons, Natives, or Colored.

[redacted by moderator]

Edited by Dyna Mole
Redacted to remove disallowed content
  • Confused 1