Logging In Flying?

Yeah, it was mentioned at the Simulator User Group on Tuesday as a problem in the latest server roll (which otherwise has some good features). Should go away with the next roll, probably next week.

There was a request to just keep it this way—which on reflection would have some advantages—but imagine the complaints!

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

There was a request to just keep it this way—which on reflection would have some advantages—but imagine the complaints!

You KNOW there will be complaints when it is taken away!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The last couple of days, when I log in, I'm flying, and I know I  logged out standing on the ground.

Anyone else have this happening?

Contact support. How do you expect us regular people to know the answer. :) or maybe someone will come along and nicely explain it or have some ideas.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Contact support.

Wow! That's exactly the reply that you strongly criticised when someone replied in your thread. You even wondered why they bother posting. I'm astonished.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Wow! That exactly the reply that you strongly criticised when someone replied in your thread. You even wondered why they bother posting. I'm astonished.

It was a joke. Lighten up! and another for my block list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Contact support. How do you expect us regular people to know the answer. :) or maybe someone will come along and nicely explain it or have some ideas.

My own joking reply would have been, "Don't you read the entire Forums? There have been lots of posts about it!"

(Which is a LITTLE bit fair, because BJ is a very frequent Forum contributor.)

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Or perhaps, "You looked as though you were in a hurry to go somewhere, so we got you started. We must have been mistaken."

It is indeed handy if one relogs over water or lava.

When I noticed it the other day, I did not think much of it.  Of course, one of the times I was using the official Mobile client, which is already wonky.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

too late, someone else already answered. I’d have contacted support if i cared enough, but i didnt care, I was only curious.

Perhaps they should put in big letters across the top of the forums “Don’t ask any questions in the forums until you have asked support first”

• Haha 1

Some businesses have Fly unchecked in About Land Options,  and have an orb that detects if you are flying.  If you land flying, they can eject or ban you.  I have had this happen at a store, a one room store on a platform even, and I was perma-banned for flying after teleporting.

I did write the owner and tell him he was an idiot, and I would never recommend his products to anyone. 

Edited by Jaylinbridges

15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Of course, one of the times I was using the official Mobile client, which is already wonky.

Is that why you use it? Because you like wonky things?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:
18 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Of course, one of the times I was using the official Mobile client, which is already wonky.

Is that why you use it? Because you like wonky things?

Maybe..most of my friends are wonky like me!

I don't really "use" it, I'm just another Alpha tester.

I log into it for 2 things:

1. To see if anything "critical to me" has been fixed - like Flexi.  I saw an email update yesterday where someone else complained about Flexi not working, I'll login now to Canny and chime in.

2. To compare my avatar's look vs. the (Official) Viewer - I posted pics showing this difference last week.

If it had more functionality, yes - I would "use" it!

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks. Plus there are maybe 3 threads about it now..!

The first one I saw was in the My Avatar section so I imagine a lot of people could miss it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

The first one I saw was in the My Avatar section so I imagine a lot of people could miss it.

It is hard for me to remember that not everyone skims "unread content" all day, every day, like I do!

30 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
1 hour ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

too late, someone else already answered. I’d have contacted support if i cared enough, but i didnt care, I was only curious.

Perhaps they should put in big letters across the top of the forums “Don’t ask any questions in the forums until you have asked support first”

Thanks for mentioning this...I was wondering wth I checked or unchecked recently to cause this.

BTW, best to just ignore control freaks...not that I always follow my advice    :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1