BBB & Bias: Currently FOUR regions to 'decorate' for the 'community event'?

Just learned about this today and wanted to confirm....

1. Is it true that the BBB (and any friends they exclusively offer to come and help) have been give FOUR regions to decorate to celebrate the Belliseria anniversary coming up? 
  2. If so, was this offer given to anyone else that is also in the community? 

proof.png

Edited by Feorie Frimon
I suck at spelling when I get excited :)
  • Like 3

• Feorie Frimon changed the title to BBB & Bias: Currently FOUR regions to 'decorate' for the 'community event'?

Interesting question; this is the only official invitation for Residents that I have seen in the forums but it isn't a call to decorate regions.  I'm not in the citizens group so I'm not sure if anything went out in that way; hopefully others have more to offer.  Personally, I would have thought Region Decoration would be a Mole enterprise. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To be fair, this wasn't suppose to be public knowledge. My sources say that it has been kept from the public by design.

The four 'resident decorated' regions by BBB members and their friends are suppose to be coming out, offically, in April for the 'community to enjoy' at the event. This post is because I'm following up on the information I recieved and verifying the video/screenshots I was given. 

To be clear - An employee of Linden Lab reached out to me to 'meet with me to hear my experience' about bias and favoritism with this specific group, and he wanted to 'let me know that these types of decisions are being investigated.'

As someone who formerly PAID for a full region, LOADS of mainland tier, had my own residence in Belli, and also hosted events on private regions THAT I PAID FOR... I'm trying to understand this decision. Especially with everything else going on - including a YouTube that specifically outlines the favortism that Linden Lab is showing with this particular group. 

It doesn't look like anyone is really investigating anything.

It looks like everyone is just carrying on, hiding and being dishonest - like normal. 

Just looking for a little context here about this OBVIOUS favortism?

Edited by Feorie Frimon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be anything new.  Certain groups seem to have always been favored by LL and given opportunities that the "regular" residents do not have a chance at.  Often, we do not even know things like this are happening as it "seems" to be kept quiet.

I'm not disputing the fact that certain groups have done some good things for SL. However, the favoritism seemingly shown to some of these groups leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

Your link isn't really a link, if you were trying to link to actually link to a Youtube video.

I wasn't - but I did BOLD and underline it. :)  

(I know that they'll close this thread if I link to the video I made about this topic.)

4 hours ago, Feorie Frimon said:

"My sources say that it has been kept from the public by design."

This statement should answer your question and confirm....

Edited by Kylie Jaxxon
  • Like 2

Hello everyone. 

The Bellisseria 5th Anniversary Planning Committee thanks you for your interest in this event. Over the past year the Committee, along with various Bellisseria groups, and residents have worked tirelessly towards planning this event. It has been a labor of love for the residents of Second Life and the Bellisseria community.

We had planned to make the official announcement next week through various groups, media, and the forums.

The Planning Committee consists of a team of residents that have hosted many events over the last 5 years within Bellisseria.  The planning of this event has been an inclusive collaboration of many Bellisseria groups, individuals, and performers to come together and put on this month-long event. It is not one person, or one group but the involvement of many, working together in order to celebrate the milestone event of Bellisseria turning 5 years old this April. 

We are thankful to the BBB and all the other Bellisseria groups, and individuals, who participated to help organize some of the events for the celebration, at the Planning Committee's request.

We are also thankful to the Lab for their involvement in this event. We appreciate the time and hard work that the Moles and Lindens have given towards its completion. We hope that the residents of Second Life and Bellisseria will join us in this milestone celebration and come together in kindness, friendship, and commemorate that we the residents of Bellisseria have built an amazing and vibrant community.

The Bellisseria 5th Anniversary Planning Committee
Prudence Anton
Cian Wycliffe
Riot Hax
Kalia Cherry Anatine-Hax
Stephanie Gardner 
Krys Calamity
Varistentia Varriale

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Hello everyone. 

The Bellisseria 5th Anniversary Planning Committee thanks you for your interest in this event. Over the past year the Committee, along with various Bellisseria groups, and residents have worked tirelessly towards planning this event. It has been a labor of love for the residents of Second Life and the Bellisseria community.

Thanks for responding, Prudence. So to be clear; you've been planning this Bellisseria specific event - with at least four regions for you and your planning commitee to decorate- for the past year? I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding this. 

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

The Planning Committee consists of a team of residents that have hosted many events over the last 5 years within Bellisseria.  The planning of this event has been an inclusive collaboration of many Bellisseria groups, individuals, and performers to come together and put on this month-long event. It is not one person, or one group but the involvement of many, working together in order to celebrate the milestone event of Bellisseria turning 5 years old this April. 

Interesting.

I think many of us would be SUPER interested in being part of any team of people that 'have hosted many events over the years' - especially those that have Linden Lab support, marketing, and future 'event hosting oppertunities'. Can you help me (and anyone else interested) understand how we get the oppertunity to do those things? It seems like all of these oppertunities keep being offered to the same people - the people in the groups that you mentioned in your 'statement' above. 

Who made the committee? Who approved it on the Linden side?

It's my understanding that there are designers on these regions that are giving out 'freebies' for their brands - who decided who those designers would be?

And if it's true that there are desginers, was there an oppertunity for all of the Second Life designers to put up their items with a freebie - or just the ones that your Planning Committee selected? 

• Like 2

I think many of us would be SUPER interested in being part of any team of people that 'have hosted many events over the years' - especially those that have Linden Lab support, marketing, and future 'event hosting oppertunities'. Can you help me (and anyone else interested) understand how we get the oppertunity to do those things? 

I saw that Lyric Demina showed a post where an open invite was put out on January 12th, I would assume that if you were so earnest about helping you would or may have responded to this call to action and request for help from those wishing to help. I would assume, even if this had been sent out in multiple groups that some folks just may not have seen it, and you would have to agree that giving you a personal invite so that you did not miss this opportunity would - in fact - be both biased and favoritism. 

Instead of complaining or laying down the claims you have, of course, all secondhand knowledge it appears, why don't you reach out to see if you can still help? Or better yet, try to be appreciative of those who give their time to create events for others in SL. 

It seems like such a waste of energy to complain about someone else's hard work and effort in an attempt to diminish what they are doing. 

Be thankful and grateful... not spiteful, it isn't a pretty look on anyone. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Delilah Fouroux said:

I saw that Lyric Demina showed a post where an open invite was put out on January 12th, I would assume that if you were so earnest about helping you would or may have responded to this call to action and request for help from those wishing to help. I would assume, even if this had been sent out in multiple groups that some folks just may not have seen it, and you would have to agree that giving you a personal invite so that you did not miss this opportunity would - in fact - be both biased and favoritism. 

Instead of complaining or laying down the claims you have, of course, all secondhand knowledge it appears, why don't you reach out to see if you can still help? Or better yet, try to be appreciative of those who give their time to create events for others in SL. 

It seems like such a waste of energy to complain about someone else's hard work and effort in an attempt to diminish what they are doing. 

Hey Delilah! Did you check out the link yourself? All I see is an open invite for people to 'send pictures to the committee'.

Your answer doesn't really address any of the questions I asked. You're also 'calling names' - That's not a pretty look on anyone either. 

My questions are fair. They deserve an honest answer. 

origionalinvite.png

Edited by Feorie Frimon
Adding screenshots
  • Like 1

This link? This is an invite to ask Patch questions and submit photos around Bellisseria. It is run by Mini Mole and nothing to do with the people who self appointed as the Bellisseria committee. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey Delilah! Did you check out the link yourself? All I see is an open invite for people to 'send pictures to the committee'.

I would assume you are quite capable of sending a message to someone, you seem to be quite able to post here - whether it was simply an invite for pictures or not, they made it known then that there was an upcoming event and you or anyone else could have simply sent a message to ask - how can I help? 

The answer to your question on how one gets to host an event is this: 

• Be a resident of Bellisseria.
  • Reach out to Mischievous Mole to book the dates and fairgrounds.
  • Reach out to DJ's and entertainers.
  • Build and organize your event.
  • Promote your event in the forums and reach out to Bellisseria Groups to promote.
  • Then host the event.

(Psst... I am not involved in this at all, but just asking questions gets AMAZING answers, you should try it!)

This is what I do not understand, if you have knowledge of the impending event and want to help - why not just ask? Why wait months later to post with guns blazing about the illusory bias that you don't even explain to justify the complaint? What exactly is this bias? What is this favoritism that you see? What benefits are those working on the project gaining that is unfair to others? 

You're also 'calling names' - That's not a pretty look on anyone either. 

What name did I exactly call? 

• Like 3

The BBB has some nerve to rear their heads after Feorie's allegations.

As someone who was witness to her original video, I cannot stress this enough - regardless of your opinion on me, this event should be boycotted - along with any initiatives by or in coordination with the BBB. Not until we get answers from the lab about what happened between BBB and Forever Tourist.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Delilah Fouroux said:

Which Belliseria groups was THIS sent out in? I am in a few and have not seen anything like this.

• Thanks 1

I was in those groups until recently, and I don't recall over the past year seeing any opportunities for group members or brands to apply to participate, or offer a gift.

The linked post invitation from January above refers only to entering photos, and questions for interviews.

Mostly of late the 'community' groups are being moderated very hard, as one can imagine now that their inner workings have become public. There is always someone ready to stomp on any member considering anything close to 'free speech' on subjects of concern to our virtual world as a whole. There are a small number of residents who seem to have attained moderator in many of the large community groups (not only Belli groups), and they are not afraid to silence reasonable relevant comment if it is on a subject contrary to their own benefit.

Don't get me wrong, building 4 regions is a pile of work. I do not envy the time involved to make it. A community event that is by the community, for the community, can only be a good thing. But a community event on 4 regions of free LL sponsored land should be just that - open to the community. If there were ways to join in, they should have been made a lot more visible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Delilah Fouroux said:

What name did I exactly call? 

I respect you too much to pretend that you didn't know that you were being insulting and passive aggressive. 

It also seems like you might have missed the rest of the list of questions. Let me help.

1. Who made the committee?
  2. Who approved it on the Linden side?
  3. It's my understanding that there are designers on these regions that are giving out 'freebies' for their brands - who decided who those designers would be?
  4. And if it's true that there are desginers, was there an oppertunity for all of the Second Life designers to put up their items with a freebie - or just the ones that your Planning Committee selected? 

9 minutes ago, Feorie Frimon said:

I respect you too much to pretend that you didn't know that you were being insulting and passive aggressive. 

And you missed the part where I said I am not involved in this at all, this being the event. I simply gave you the answer to "how". 

Why does any of that matter to you? Seriously, what do you get out of attacking people just trying to host an event? I don't understand this logic nor the vitriolic attack on folks working on a nice event for residents. It is mean-spirited.

While I appreciate you respect me too much - I was not being passive-aggressive, I was stating a simple fact. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

I'm sad Mini Mole didn't invite the rest of the residents to this 4 region party. Surely you knew about it, right Mini?

I'm sad thinking about the mountain of Second Life creators that would have LOVED to put a freebie there that might help show their brand. 

This is -exactly- the kind of thing I've been talking about for a really long time. In fact, LOTS of people have been talking about this for a really long time. (And for the record, Linden Lab, it doesn't take much to research!) 

Everyone wants to point fingers at me and tell me I'm spiteful and ungrateful...but that doesn't change ANY of the facts that I'm bringing up.

Answer the questions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Just waiting for the rest of the family to show up now...

Won't happen, and I think and do of my own accord. I am that wild card that they sit there and go - Deli...no... Deli.... what are you.... *facepalms*... 

My thoughts on this and statements are from my own little brain.

We are invited; we get to go along next month and see what Delilah's fam have put together for our benefit.

No, we don't get to contribute, because we're not Delilah's fam.

I hope that clears things up for you.

• Like 4