Getting that feeling again :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 89 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm starting to get that feeling once again.

You know, that feeling of depression when you feel that you're still that square peg, or left out because you're not creative... you know what I mean.

I've tried to play SL Games, but I just suck at them.  Clubbing... I got bored of it really quickly.  I swear that everyone gets more out of this than I ever will 😢.  I'll be honest, I just don't know what to do anymore.  My SL family has more fun than I do... I suck at Blender... I don't know.  I just... I just don't know anymore 😢

• Sad 5

Sometimes we need to take a break from SL & do stuff in RL for a while.

There's nothing wrong with you if it doesn't feel like you're having fun. 

If you don't like creating stuff, do you like listening to music?

I find trying on some items from inventory while listening to music, deleting & sorting to be relaxing. I'm guess I'm weird, but I like that better than going to SL clubs. 

• Like 4

I'm so sorry. That's the worst.

I'm still pretty new to SL and -- to be totally honest -- I feel like this a lot. People seem to have so much fun on here, but I haven't really found anyone or anything that's clicked yet. The one thing that I do love and enjoy is decorating and messing around with interior design! Are you into that at all?

• Like 4

I've been in SL for about 14 years. There are days when I love it, but also days like today when it seems boring and pointless. I went to look at the new Linden Home regions. I'm glad the Moles added a nice shoreline, but once I've seen it I'm bored again. I went to a couple stores to look at sale items, and quickly got bored with that too. The only thing that didn't feel boring was giving advice to a lady who wanted to know where to find LaraX clothes. I guess helping someone else makes me feel like I did something worthwhile.

Sometimes I get in "the zone" if I'm building, decorating or cleaning out inventory, but alot of the time I can be bored in SL as well.

• Like 3

Awww, had that same feeling several times in the past years so I could imagine how you feel. When it happened to me, I usually turned my back on SL for some weeks and made a long list (offline) of things to do in SL for the time when I will be in the mood to come back. Well, this is my way to escape bordomnes in SL, but everyone has different methods, so I hope you will find your own way very soon. 

• Like 1

It's not that I don't like to create stuff... it's that I just suck at it.  I tried Blender and ultimately ended up uninstalling it as I couldn't understand it.  Writing... yeah... forget that.  I always had issues with writing (or explaining) anything.  Photos... I don't have the money and seeing the photos from others... yeah.  Scripting... too complicated for me.  Decorating and interior design... I end up taking long breaks from it or I just end up not finishing anything.

Taking a break from SL... I doubt that would help as my RL just plain sucks.  If it's not doctor's appointments or monthly blood draws at the clinic, then it's the ever so tedious trip to Walmart or the grocery store.

Unfortunately, I tried making friends, but nothing seemed "new".

I log on... I do my SL chores in the house and hope a SL family member comes on only to end up home alone as usual.  I mean, I understand RL so I'm not worried about that.  It's like they come on, but they come on at other places.

Like I said, I just don't know anymore.

2 minutes ago, CaitlinParker said:

I log on... I do my SL chores in the house and hope a SL family member comes on only to end up home alone as usual.

How about actively visiting/exploring different places in SL? If I dont know what to do in SL or just in a lazy mood, I very often „browse“ through sims and explore them. And it really often happened to me that I met some friendly strangers there or sometimes the owner/creator of that sim and found myself having nice conversations with them. And some of those „random“ persons became good friends of me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CherryChantal said:

How about actively visiting/exploring different places in SL? If I dont know what to do in SL or just in a lazy mood, I very often „browse“ through sims and explore them. And it really often happened to me that I met some friendly strangers there or sometimes the owner/creator of that sim and found myself having nice conversations with them. And some of those „random“ persons became good friends of me. 

I have visited and explored other places, but all I end up getting are messages from people who are looking for that.  So, I just end up staying home.

10 hours ago, CaitlinParker said:

I have visited and explored other places, but all I end up getting are messages from people who are looking for that.  So, I just end up staying home.

I'd like to invite you to a special dance that can uplift your spirits --singing, participating in a guided dance --  celebrating being alive. The focus this week is St. Patrick's Day, a bit Celtic and Fairy-like, and looking toward to the coming spring in general.  I will be dressed as a dandelion  :)  Find something fun to wear...with flowers!

☸ڿڰۣ—SATORI
Home of Shambhala Sanctuary

Sunday 9am
Group Notice From: .::Shambhala Sanctuary::., Alaneena Akina

CELTIC PEOPLES HAVE LONG HONORED THE MYSTICAL SPIRIT OF MOTHER EARTH AND CREATION.

Today we share some of their wisdom and celebrate nature through song and dance.
Please join and come dance with the fairies.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Satori/213/41/2499

Once you arrive at the region of Satori TP to the group (not sure of exact spot at this time)

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, CaitlinParker said:

It's not that I don't like to create stuff... it's that I just suck at it.  I tried Blender and ultimately ended up uninstalling it as I couldn't understand it.  Writing... yeah... forget that.  I always had issues with writing (or explaining) anything.  Photos... I don't have the money and seeing the photos from others... yeah.  Scripting... too complicated for me.  Decorating and interior design... I end up taking long breaks from it or I just end up not finishing anything.

Taking a break from SL... I doubt that would help as my RL just plain sucks.  If it's not doctor's appointments or monthly blood draws at the clinic, then it's the ever so tedious trip to Walmart or the grocery store.

I log on... I do my SL chores in the house and hope a SL family member comes on only to end up home alone as usual.  I mean, I understand RL so I'm not worried about that.  It's like they come on, but they come on at other places.

Try building with prims, its very satisfying what you can do with a simple cube.

SL chores? go dance naked at a beach and play your fave tunes in rl while u are doing it.

I'm afraid its not Second Life that has you down, it's your Real Life. Fix that and your SL will be much better.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Try building with prims, its very satisfying what you can do with a simple cube.

SL chores? go dance naked at a beach and play your fave tunes in rl while u are doing it.

I'm afraid its not Second Life that has you down, it's your Real Life. Fix that and your SL will be much better.

I tried to build with prims, but it just got too complicated.  Yeah, if I couldn't figure that out, then trying to figure Blender out would be a headache in itself.

Yes, there's stuff in SL that can feel like chores like the TAS Cleaning System.

Trust me, it's SL.  I can't fix my RL because of my End Stage Renal Disease.  My RL... I learned to accept the monthly blood draws and doctor's appointments though I wish I never had ESRD.  I can't fix inevitability.

SL is my escape from RL.  It tries to keep me from the inevitable.  What good is it if I suck at creating or finding outlets in here?

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, CaitlinParker said:

My 2 cents: Don't compare yourself too much with others.
SL is IMHO about having fun for yourself with what you do, not if you have the same or better results than others.

I'm a builder and merchant in SL.
Am I the best builder in SL?  No.
Am I a top seller? No.
Will I ever become the best builder in SL? No.
Do I enjoy building?  Yes.
So I simply do it and enjoy it, even though I'm not the ace in the pack and never will be. 

Is every day in SL a success? Nooooooooooooooo.
There are weeks and weeks that nothing seems to work out.
Then I do other things inside or outside of SL until inspiration is back.

Do what you like to do, without forcing yourself to become the best. Enjoy being who you are. No need for constant improvement.
The rat race is something for RL.
In my experience one tiny step at the time is enough to have fun in SL.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, CaitlinParker said:

I tried to build with prims, but it just got too complicated.  Yeah, if I couldn't figure that out, then trying to figure Blender out would be a headache in itself.

Yes, there's stuff in SL that can feel like chores like the TAS Cleaning System.

Trust me, it's SL.  I can't fix my RL because of my End Stage Renal Disease.  My RL... I learned to accept the monthly blood draws and doctor's appointments though I wish I never had ESRD.  I can't fix inevitability.

SL is my escape from RL.  It tries to keep me from the inevitable.  What good is it if I suck at creating or finding outlets in here?

Perhaps you need more friends to hang out with 😁

• Like 1

Damn, that is serious stuff that you have to deal with.
I now can see, why switching of RL is hard for you when you go into SL.
But still give it a try, it can be worth it.
Second Life helps me forget my physical limitations for a few hours too at times. Sadly not always.
At days that I'm depressed in RL, it is hard to leave that behind in SL.

Life simply really sucks at times. :(

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Perhaps you need more friends to hang out with 😁

All that happens is that I get hit on by some perv who wants some.  Trust me, it never fails.

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

My 2 cents: Don't compare yourself too much with others.
SL is IMHO about having fun for yourself with what you do, not if you have the same or better results than others.

I'm a builder and merchant in SL.
Am I the best builder in SL?  No.
Am I a top seller? No.
Will I ever become the best builder in SL? No.
Do I enjoy building?  Yes.
So I simply do it and enjoy it, even though I'm not the ace in the pack and never will be. 

Is every day in SL a success? Nooooooooooooooo.
There are weeks and weeks that nothing seems to work out.
Then I do other things inside or outside of SL until inspiration is back.

Do what you like to do, without forcing yourself to become the best. Enjoy being who you are. No need for constant improvement.
The rat race is something for RL.
In my experience one tiny step at the time is enough to have fun in SL.

It's kinda hard not to compare yourself to others in my case.  I know that everyone is different and that everyone has different levels of creativity.  I also know that not everyone is the best.  I get it.  Not everyday is good.

At this point, I really don't know what to do anymore.

Sorry if I'm depressing everyone, but I just can't help how I'm feeling right now 😢

Edited by CaitlinParker
  • Sad 2

It sounds like you might need a break from SL.  If nothing is fun for you inworld and your depression is worse when you log in, then don't log in.  It's not an escape from real life if you feel worse.

A break for a few days or weeks might be just what you need to reset.

Is there anything you enjoy doing inworld?  You don't like clubs, music, creating, building, photography, playing dressup, going new places because pervs are everywhere, and every suggestion has been shot down.

Using SL to forget about realife hardships for a while usually helps people, but right now it is adding to your pain and isolation.  Try taking a short break and hang in there through this difficult time.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, CaitlinParker said:

You have a lot to deal with, and I hope you can discover some meaning and joy during your remaining days.
You might try this place to find some meaningful and fun experiences within SL. There are all sorts of meetings covering many topics & experiences, even health issues, and I've never been hit on at any of the events. Notice there are 5 tabs in the calendar:
https://www.virtualwholebrainhealth.org/calwbh/

• Like 2

All that happens is that I get hit on by some perv who wants some.  Trust me, it never fails.

Sorry if I'm depressing everyone, but I just can't help how I'm feeling right now 😢

I got more than enough FWB’s. A platonic friend would be a nice change, and that goes for anyone else I interact with in the forums.

• Like 2

Pour the magic back in your water yourself. When life is bla and burned out recharge that temple.

Make time for you to put everything else on do not disturb. Enchant your life, go with you, feel what you believe and ask it will guide you. Rest if you need to take it slow now rush do you first everything else will come later.  Not liking the life you're living, writing a new one enchants your life. Make a bucket list , use your imagination take with you. Eat a healthy meal take a nice bath make a routine.  But do you first sl will be here for you when you get back.

Do things for yourself first date yourself , play in character for yourself as you are the partner in your life as you are , show up for yourself , talk to yourself like you love someone , reward yourself in good ways , Do the goals you want to do. Listen to 80s and 90s , 2000's music, why you do things, get things done. Love will come later when its the right time focus on you and love for self.   Getting in Nature , Get your hands in the soil plant some flowers, Ground outside and recharge your  batteries, not really healing but awakening the soul inside that you understand yourself that you're not putting up with things just don't feel the same. Set boundaries things should bring you peace not a headache be good vibe to your soul.

A little progress each day add up to big results.

There are two places need to go often:

The place that heals you.
The place that inspires you.

Be brave.
be wild.
forever
hungry
for art, love
knowledge, and adventure.

The beautiful thing about life is that you can always change, grow and get better. You aren't defined by your past. You aren't your mistakes.

Take a moment to appreciate the present; acknowledge how far you've come on your journey Gratitude attracts more blessings.

We fall. We Break. We fail But then, we rise , we heal , we overcome.

Love (love)
Devotion (devotion)
Feeling (feeling)
Emotion (emotion)

Don't be afraid to be weak
Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart, my friend
That will be the return to yourself
The return to innocence

The return to innocence

And if you want, then start to laugh
If you must, then start to cry
Be yourself, don't hide
Just believe in destiny

Don't care what people say
Just follow your own way
Don't give up and use the chance
To return to innocence

That's not the beginning of the end
That's the return to yourself
The return to innocence
It's the return to innocence

This the kind of song you need to play loud play it everyday til things start to change. Find the music that flows with you turning it up a good tune feels good.

Edited by Adorarose Trueheart
  • Like 1

Another good song  Aly & AJ - Rush

turn this one up loud.

Into your head, into your mind
Out of your soul, race through your veins
You can't escape, you can't escape

Into your life, into your dreams
Out of the dark, sunlight again
You can't explain, you can't explain

Can you feel it, can you feel it
Rushin' through your hair?
Rushin' through your head?
Can you feel it, can you feel it?

Don't let nobody tell you your life is over
Be every color that you are
Into the rush now
You don't have to know how
Know it all before you'll try

Pulling you in, spinning you 'round
Lifting your feet right off the ground
You can't believe it's happening now

Can you feel it, can you feel it
Rushin' through your hair?
Rushin' through your head?
Can you feel it, can you feel it?

Don't let nobody tell you, your life is over
Be every color that you are
Into the rush now
You don't have to know how
Know it all before you'll try

It takes you to another place
Imagine everything you can
All the colors start to blend
Your system overloads again

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 89 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.