L1 Homes

On 3/14/2024 at 2:47 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm thinking of getting a 512 on belli, but only if there is room for nude pool parties and nude greedy in the back yard.

There is room for a small pool, but I don't think we're supposed to have nudity outside in our yards. It seems like it should be ok with parcel privacy on, but I haven't heard a clear answer about that. I'd like to be able to get an even tan while sunbathing on my upstairs deck or on a pool foatie.

39 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

On second thought “this property secured by smith and wesson” is probably a bad idea since it would most likely be considered “political advertising” by the LL worthies

On the other hand “ban all guns now” would probably be just fine.

It all depends on which side of the fence the sign is 😂

I think you can warn people that your home is protected, especially if the sign is on your property and facing inward toward the fence. 😁 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There is room for a small pool, but I don't think we're supposed to have nudity outside in our yards. It seems like it should be ok with parcel privacy on, but I haven't heard a clear answer about that. I'd like to be able to get an even tan while sunbathing on my upstairs deck or on a pool foatie.

I think you can warn people that your home is protected, especially if the sign is on your property and facing inward toward the fence. 😁 

Public nudity was addressed by a  Linden in a thread i was reading the other day. The Linden in question said allowing nudity in Belli was up to the parcel owner, its not forbidden in the Belli covanent.

I’ll have a sign saying watch out for bees.

If i was a scriptor, I have the property life enable, and the swarm would cause damage with each sting. If you didnt leave before your life went to zero, you would die and be tped home.

Since LL didnt disable life sim-wide, that scenario is permitted.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Public nudity was addressed by a  Linden in a thread i was reading the other day. The Linden in question said allowing nudity in Belli was up to the parcel owner, its not forbidden in the Belli covanent.

I'd love to see a link to that comment if you or someone else has it. 

It's true that nudity is permitted on Moderate regions and that Bellisseria is Moderate. Nude beaches, strip clubs, and "sky-clad" rituals are all permitted in Moderate regions, unless the region owner says otherwise. 

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

On second thought “this property secured by smith and wesson” is probably a bad idea since it would most likely be considered “political advertising” by the LL worthies

On the other hand “ban all guns now” would probably be just fine.

It all depends on which side of the fence the sign is 😂

I don't believe LL would consider your "Smith & Wesson" sign political advertising; they would probably regard it as just part of a campy RP.  Just don't use S&W logos or other intellectual property.

"Ban all guns now" is indeed a political statement, I don't see why you say it wouldn't be.  Although a single sign saying that would probably not be deemed worthy of attention.  Really, the problem is with ostentatious political activity, e.g. parcels bristling with campaign signs.  Those tend to cause conflicts, resulting in lots of support tickets.

10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It's true that nudity is permitted on Moderate regions and that Bellisseria is Moderate. Nude beaches, strip clubs, and "sky-clad" rituals are all permitted in Moderate regions, unless the region owner says otherwise. 

Exactly.  I don't see anything in Belli's covenant pertaining to personal conduct, so I assume the rules re: nudity are the same as they are in any Moderate region.  Ergo, tanning nude on your property is fine.  I don't know how you may have gathered the impression that it would not be - unless perhaps in Belli Citizens chat?  People tend to think that opinions expressed by frequent posters there are approved by LL, but no, they hold no more weight than opinions by any other resident.  I remember reading some amusingly prudish comments there a while ago.  BTW, there is a Bellisseria Nudists group that occasionally has events.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Just to clarify, is it okey to have adult furniture in my house in Belli as long as I don't use the adult menu?

I have lots of adult furniture with cuddle menus.

You can have adult furniture in Belli, and use the adult poses too, as long as any adult activity is done "behind closed doors" as per community standards for M-rated land, so in other words, naughty furniture kept inside the house, and turn of parcel privacy. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

You can have adult furniture in Belli, and use the adult poses too, as long as any adult activity is done "behind closed doors" as per community standards for M-rated land, so in other words, naughty furniture kept inside the house, and turn of parcel privacy. 

Thank you for the answer. I should have realized that before i asked the question. My outdoor furniture is all G, so I guess I am good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Just to clarify, is it okey to have adult furniture in my house in Belli as long as I don't use the adult menu?

I have lots of adult furniture with cuddle menus.

Yes, you can have and use adult furniture in Belli, just not out in your yard. A quick cam around will show plenty of BDSM items inside Belli houses and skyboxes. The rules for adult content are the same as in other Moderate regions, except that we can't advertise it or run a business in Belli.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 5:54 PM, Nika Talaj said:

I don't believe LL would consider your "Smith & Wesson" sign political advertising; they would probably regard it as just part of a campy RP.  Just don't use S&W logos or other intellectual property.

"Ban all guns now" is indeed a political statement, I don't see why you say it wouldn't be.  Although a single sign saying that would probably not be deemed worthy of attention.  Really, the problem is with ostentatious political activity, e.g. parcels bristling with campaign signs.  Those tend to cause conflicts, resulting in lots of support tickets.

Exactly.  I don't see anything in Belli's covenant pertaining to personal conduct, so I assume the rules re: nudity are the same as they are in any Moderate region.  Ergo, tanning nude on your property is fine.  I don't know how you may have gathered the impression that it would not be - unless perhaps in Belli Citizens chat?  People tend to think that opinions expressed by frequent posters there are approved by LL, but no, they hold no more weight than opinions by any other resident.  I remember reading some amusingly prudish comments there a while ago.  BTW, there is a Bellisseria Nudists group that occasionally has events.

I think the threshold for political ”activity”is very low in Bellisseria. BDSM is okay But when I put mr Putin (with clothes on) in a jail inside my house (not locked) i was reported and had to let him go, sadly. We all know How that went… 😉

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

I think the threshold for political ”activity”is very low in Bellisseria. BDSM is okay But when I put mr Putin (with clothes on) in a jail inside my house (not locked) i was reported and had to let him go, sadly. We all know How that went… 😉

That's messed up. You should be able to display whatever art you wish inside of your house (aside from images forbidden by the TOS). If my neighbor can have dead bodies and zombies inside his house, you should be able to have some guy in a jail cell. I don't care who it is. You're house is your virtual castle...or dungeon, for some folks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Always Incognito said:

I was your neighbor at the time, and I loved that ... embassy!  I was tempted to lodge a protest to LL when it was taken down, and I wish I had. 😠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Darn was decorating decorating and I realized the house is only 3 rooms, and I need 4, perhaps the other 512 versions have a 4th room 😁

Either that or put a porta potty in the front yard. 😂

I like the 2-story with the upstairs deck. I think it has a separate room downstairs that could be a bathroom. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Darn was decorating decorating and I realized the house is only 3 rooms, and I need 4, perhaps the other 512 versions have a 4th room 😁

Either that or put a porta potty in the front yard. 😂

Also, there are a ton of add-ons, both interior and exterior, for various Belli home styles - check the marketplace.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I like the 2-story with the upstairs deck. I think it has a separate room downstairs that could be a bathroom. 

I decided that small place beside the stairs could be a kitchenette, so its all good.

The open door goes into the bathroom, the bedroom is upstairs, and the big open area is the living roon

bjsretreat01.png

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Soooo, would this sign on my fence be acceptable do ya think?

Assuming of course, the fence itself is acceptable 😂

belli06.png

Yes, but it would be better if your fence used pieces or textures from the Newbrook theme content pack. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Yes, but it would be better if your fence used pieces or textures from the Newbrook theme content pack. 

Not even looked at that, I guess I will, but it better not cost me a lot of prims, the whole fence was 5 prims and 3 for the gate 😁

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Not even looked at that, I guess I will, but it better not cost me a lot of prims, the whole fence was 5 prims and 3 for the gate 😁

Set it all to Covex hull to see if the LI goes down.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

27 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Set it all to Covex hull to see if the LI goes down.

I think they eliminated allowing convex hull to reduce prims. I had 5 panels on my adboard because i got a new place, with the center column it made 6 prims, one too many for a 16 sqm parcel, so I set it to convex hull, and it was still 6 prims.

I'm pretty well done moving furniture in. All I need is a few pictures on the walls, and I'll still have about 60 prims left.

• Like 1

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I think they eliminated allowing convex hull to reduce prims. I had 5 panels on my adboard because i got a new place, with the center column it made 6 prims, one too many for a 16 sqm parcel, so I set it to convex hull, and it was still 6 prims.

I'm pretty well done moving furniture in. All I need is a few pictures on the walls, and I'll still have about 60 prims left.

Good job. I would still either link box prims to each other or to mesh pieces. For instance, linking your rugs to one of the pieces of furniture on them.

I believe that as long as you can't be seen from outside the parcel - adult furniture can be placed and used "outdoors". If not, we all need to AR about half of Belli.

As for the Putin thing - that specific example is curious because Belli is full of people flying Ukrainian flags. I think I had one as well on a prior parcel.

Convex to reduce land impact: I do that all the time.

But my real trick is that I link everything I can that won't break how a script works - then select all but the root prim as type 'none' - then I go back and pick convex of prim for things that I feel need to have a collision to them when I'm walking around.

And I also use math to make everything 1:1 scale to what google tells me is the 'standard dimensions' for that kind of object.

These tricks combined let me near double or more how much "junk" I have out.

• Like 4

Will this effect Mole built object like those included with the Linden homes?

Coming soon: 15% reduction to mesh download impact

Download weight is one parameter used as part of calculating an object’s Land Impact (LI).  We will be reducing this by 15%, decreasing the land impact of many mesh assets.

LI for mesh-based objects is either download weight, physics or server cost, whichever is greatest. This change will not impact animesh or mesh upload fees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3