L1 Homes

5 hours ago, Melissa Starlight said:

It was said by LL that the L1 homes will be discounued shortly after Bellesaria opened. It has been almost 5 years now. Does LL still plan to get rid of the L1 homes or not, and if so when? Also how many of them are accoupied?

Per the last time Patch commented on it -- been a while -- Yes, they still want them to go away.  I don't think there is a current timeline though.

As to how many are occupied, I don't think any of us know the answer to that and LL has never been too willing to provide many specific numbers related to Linden Homes, old or new.

• Like 2

I'm assuming that somebody submitted that question for Patch to answer during the Belliserria 5th Birthday, April 15th.  I doubt he will be too explicit, though.

I imagine (pure speculation) that part of the decision process will be having enough spare Belli inventory to easily accommodate residents who  want to move to Belli from legacy Linden Homes.  (If not all legacy LH continents will be closed, many may opt to move to a remaining legacy continent instead?)  The moles have steadily been building quite a number of spare, unreleased regions of several themes.   At this point they can have over 500 parcels available of each 1024 theme, counting unreleased regions.  However, of the stilt theme, they may want more Stilts on Water and Stilts on Pier, it's hard to tell how many would be available because the unreleased stilt regions are so spread out.  My guess is that they will build more stilts on coastlines that have not yet been built.  Also, many Legacy residents may want 512m2 parcels, which currently are only available in Sakura, Camper, and Newbrooke themes.  Approximately 500 parcels are available for each of those.

• Like 3

Looking at them if you go through them they seem to still have a lot of people - and green dots in there denote that many of those people are perfectly happy staying there.

On the land page you can see how many are available. If you wanted to do the math... counting regions and so on - you could figure out how many are taken.

Somewhere I saw a thing that said they were about 40-50% full, but I can't recall if that was an official source, from a bot scan, or just a forum poster making up statistics like 47.3% of all posts here tend to be. ;)

My suspicion is they will go away when they start to become unprofitable.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Do the 512's on Belli come with a yard too, or is the parcel size the same as the house footprint like on the old 512 sims?

I'm thinking of getting a 512 on belli, but only if there is room for nude pool parties and nude greedy in the back yard.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Do the 512's on Belli come with a yard too, or is the parcel size the same as the house footprint like on the old 512 sims?

I'm thinking of getting a 512 on belli, but only if there is room for nude pool parties and nude greedy in the back yard.

The house footprints vary, but none of them completely fill the parcel.  Whether there is ample room for your social agenda depends on your specific needs.  You can always go look at the homes in the wild and see if any would meet your needs.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

The house footprints vary, but none of them completely fill the parcel.  Whether there is ample room for your social agenda depends on your specific needs.  You can always go look at the homes in the wild and see if any would meet your needs.  

guess i could get a trailer, do up the parcel as trailer trash chic

*checks marketplace for a car on blocks*

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

The trailer ones would seem appropriate for trailer trash activities in the yard.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The trailer ones would seem appropriate for trailer trash activities in the yard.  😁

Thats what i would do with a trailer, but if the other 512 options have a decent amount of yard, I’ll do it up nice.

Im trying to fight man made global warming by going green. Can we put out a clothesline to dry clothes instead of using a dryer?

Believe it or not, some rl HOA’s forbid clothesline, I guess they just dont care if the planet burns up.

😂

• Haha 1

Checked out the trailers, the other 512 offering on belli was on a 1024, so i couldn't tell how much extra yard there would be if the house was on the 512, but probably not much.

Its nice that you can choose trailer type, and there's lots of yard to rezz stuff.

Mayyybeee I'll get one.

belli01.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
had to redo the picture, was wearing a naughty group tag
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Checked out the trailers, the other 512 offering on belli was on a 1024, so i couldn't tell how much extra yard there would be if the house was on the 512, but probably not much.

Its nice that you can choose trailer type, and there's lots of yard to rezz stuff.

Mayyybeee I'll get one.

belli01.png

https://secondlife.com/land/lindenhomes/detail/NEWBROOKE_512

There are 3 different regions where you can rez all the home styles for all lot types, and in one of them, the belli sandbox, you've got a few hours to rez a build to and test that out.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/WelcomeHubLindenHomes/138/116/56

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/BelliDemo/165/7/56 (The fantasy homes are in the region to the south)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sandbox Bellisseria/146/101/56

All of these will let you see how much space the homes take up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LOL, I'm now a Bellissarian. I picked up a house on a 512, enough room for a pool and a hot tub and a few other things.

*rezzes a tree and her attack bee swarm*

p.s. After I rezzed the bee swarm, I checked the about land and no pushing was turned on and blanked out.

I thought darm my bee swarm won't be able to push people off the property. I logged in my alt to see, and the bee swarm works just fine.

No security orbs for me, everyone is welcome, just watch out for the bees 😂

belli03.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff
  • Like 5

If memory serves me right 'no pushing' is a bad label for 'turn off the built in SL combat system' whereby particle collisions that hit hard enough TP people home. Almost nobody remembers that there is (or at least was) a built in SL combat system.

If you really want to be a Bellissarian, join the Citizens Group. Historically it has had 'anti-Belli Belli people' before. As in people who were there but took issue with some of the rules. So they'll only toss you if you get mean about things. But it does seem to be where most of the "community events" get announced so if you want to "spy on Belli" it's a good way to find out what Belli people do with their land. That said 90% of the chat is just random stuff like some kind of SL Ham Radio.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

If memory serves me right 'no pushing' is a bad label for 'turn off the built in SL combat system' whereby particle collisions that hit hard enough TP people home. Almost nobody remembers that there is (or at least was) a built in SL combat system.

If you really want to be a Bellissarian, join the Citizens Group. Historically it has had 'anti-Belli Belli people' before. As in people who were there but took issue with some of the rules. So they'll only toss you if you get mean about things. But it does seem to be where most of the "community events" get announced so if you want to "spy on Belli" it's a good way to find out what Belli people do with their land. That said 90% of the chat is just random stuff like some kind of SL Ham Radio.

I plan on joining the citizens group, I’m not really really anti Belli, so Its all good.

As for combat, I prefer life enabled over pushing. If i really wanted to send people home, I could enable life and blast em with a shotgun before i banned them.

I have an assortment of non adult furniture and i plan in getting a few more items for the place. 😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I plan on joining the citizens group, I’m not really really anti Belli, so Its all good.

As for combat, I prefer life enabled over pushing. If i really wanted to send people home, I could enable life and blast em with a shotgun before i banned them.

I have an assortment of non adult furniture and i plan in getting a few more items for the place. 😁

Save some Land Impact for a skybox for your adult toys if you like. You can certainly have them in the house, though.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Save some Land Impact for a skybox for your adult toys if you like. You can certainly have them in the house, though.

I still have several places on adult land, I've not given any up, so I'm not worried about that. I just abandoned some micro parcels I was selling.

I joined the Belli Citizens group, quite impressive all the activities they have. I can certainly see the attraction of a Belli home.

• Like 2

So, since its allowed, I fenced in my property (2 m high. a rl height) and put in a gate that only I can open. Anyone that enters came through a locked gate (yes, I know they can sit to enter). If the come in anyway, the bees will get them, and next time I'm home I can check the visitor recorder (if I bother which i probably won't) and add them to the banned list, no security orb necessary.

If they make the mistake of coming in when i'm there, its kick and ban by moi, without even a greeting by me.

We are rping this as a private home and I will treat it as such. All my other places are public, but no entry is permitted here unless I invite you in.

*looking for a "This property secured by Smith and Wesson" sign* to put on the fence by the gate. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On second thought “this property secured by smith and wesson” is probably a bad idea since it would most likely be considered “political advertising” by the LL worthies

On the other hand “ban all guns now” would probably be just fine.

It all depends on which side of the fence the sign is 😂

• Haha 1