Are we ever gonna be able to hide account age?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

of course!
( i only need to pay some of my alts suporters that i need to vote me up to chairman)

I had assumed most membership dues to go "party favors" for the "meetings". 

(Drinks, torches, "disapproving" / "DENIED" animations, etc.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Most people totally dont care about RL age in here. Just because you are too old to have babies in RL has zero effect on how successful you are at attracting guys in second life.

I have a very good friend, she is a senior citizen in RL and doesnt hide the fact. Her profile makes that quite clear.

She always has an endless line of guys wanting to be with her.

RL age in SL is even less important when you are NOT in SL to attract guys (or gals or whatever).

In my own experiences, those who find out my RL age tend to run away and never be seen again, as if age is some kind of contagious disease. Yet, my best friend for many years in SL was more than 20 years my junior. We had a blast, like a couple of kids. I literally watched her grow up and get married in RL. I miss her every day and all the fun we had but I know she is living her best life and I do have the memories.

52863fa131af9e29f431126c05a45a61fe485252

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Correct, they all don't.  I could be wrong about this but I thought the Like, Laugh do and the Confused, Sad don't.  Though in the past I could have sworn those last two took points away but I might be wrong about that.

They all do. Likes get the most "points" while thanks, laugh and confused are less. The other 3 are not necessarily in that order but the laugh and confused give the least.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

They all do. Likes get the most "points" while thanks, laugh and confused are less. The other 3 are not necessarily in that order but the laugh and confused give the least.

So whats to stop someone that cares about such things from logging their alts in and liking all their posts?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Correct, they all don't.  I could be wrong about this but I thought the Like, Laugh do and the Confused, Sad don't.  Though in the past I could have sworn those last two took points away but I might be wrong about that.

None of them take points away.  Some ninny attempted to say so a few years ago when I gave her a confused reaction and she was concerned about her forum reputation.🙄    It was tested.  Sad and confused give no points while the rest give one (1) point.  None of those give more or less than the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

So whats to stop someone that cares about such things from logging their alts in and liking all their posts?

My alts usually like my posts and I usually like theirs, unless we're in disagreement about something. Alycia gets some wild ideas sometimes. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

None of them take points away.  Some ninny attempted to say so a few years ago when I gave her a confused reaction and she was concerned about her forum reputation.🙄    It was tested.  Sad and confused give no points while the rest give one (1) point.  None of those give more or less than the other.

If the OP would just focus on how high their "like-to-post" ratio is, then hopefully they will feel more confident. It's looking pretty positive.

34 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Somewhat apocryphally, I've seen users who would make a thread/post, then have their alts agree with them on those same threads/posts, and of course give them "likes".  

So, yeah. It probably happens more than we think.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Somewhat apocryphally, I've seen users who would make a thread/post, then have their alts agree with them on those same threads/posts, and of course give them "likes".  

But they contribute to the forum game of guessing who are everyone's alts.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

But they contribute to the forum game of guessing who are everyone's alts.

On that topic, isn't "publicly/openly" guessing Alts supposed to be on the Quagmire / Poop list?  (Since we get reprimanded for it?)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pffffft. I have enough on my plate with between building and making sure tier gets paid on time. I don't need the extra job of handing out forum points. Eddy is perfectly capable of collecting them on their own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Switchblade Serenade said:

Pffffft. I have enough on my plate with between building and making sure tier gets paid on time. I don't need the extra job of handing out forum points. Eddy is perfectly capable of collecting them on their own.

Tell Eddie that I think you're cute!

• Moles

This has been a fascinating discussion but it has wandered well off the original topic, so it's time to move on. If there's further interest in some of the thoughts here, it's probably best to start it on a clean slate.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.