Are we ever gonna be able to hide account age?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Midnoot said:

I did search for active places.  I didn't demand anyone talk to me .

no pic in your profile
no description
no groups
no picks

about what exactly should people start talking about to you?
"hi noob, i'm a noob too, or are you a alt?.. because i hate alts, you too?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no pic in your profile
no description
no groups
no picks

about what exactly should people start talking about to you?
"hi noob, i'm a noob too, or are you a alt?.. because i hate alts, you too?

Not on my forum alt >;c! The one that keeps me from running into forum alts who are suddenly interested in friendship !

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Midnoot said:

Not on my forum alt >;c! The one that keeps me from running into forum alts who are suddenly interested in friendship !

In other words, you're position is, "Hi. I'm paranoid. Wanna be friends? Unless you're one of those horrible forum people who only want to attack me, a SL oldbie, or an alt."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Filing a Jira for this kind of feature request is an exercise in futility.  We hear many stories of people who don't bother with reading profiles as demonstrated by a/s/l and other types of questions when they could've easily found answers to their questions by reading profiles.

Non-readers had become so commonplace that my alts have only this line in their profiles: "Nobody reads these things anyway."

I've just realised that this thread got already to page 20 while I briefly looked away... Or does that mean that all still-readers congregate on the forum, because there aren't enough in-world profiles to read anymore... 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Not on my forum alt >;c! 

So you come complain here and make suggestions about hiding, and you don't do anything else than hiding .. 
You judge people with alts, and you use a alt for the most common reason to have a alt.

giphy.gif

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, InnerCity Elf said:

I've just realised that this thread got already to page 20 while I briefly looked away... Or does that mean that all still-readers congregate on the forum, because there aren't enough in-world profiles to read anymore... 😄

Yes.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

This topic does make you think actually.

I never knew men faced the same issues of ageism as woman do.

It's like everyone is subconsciously using SL as a dating ap so if you're a girl over 40 you can't make RL baby's so no one is going to want you.

Perhaps it's just human nature.  Men seem to only be interested in 20 something year old girls.

Never mind the fact that the girl is probably not looking for a RL husband at all she is just playing barbie.

Its back to that theory that with the basic necessities for life covered food, shelter, warmth humans resort back to their animalistic natural basic selves which is the drive to reproduce.

That being said I kind of understand why the OP wants to appear younger, but it's wrong to catfish people.

Most people totally dont care about RL age in here. Just because you are too old to have babies in RL has zero effect on how successful you are at attracting guys in second life.

I have a very good friend, she is a senior citizen in RL and doesnt hide the fact. Her profile makes that quite clear.

She always has an endless line of guys wanting to be with her.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

In other words, you're position is, "Hi. I'm paranoid. Wanna be friends? Unless you're one of those horrible forum people who only want to attack me, a SL oldbie, or an alt."

why would anyone be attacked for being in SL for a long time?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Well yeah , usually a group of friends will be in Discord.  I'm one of them  but only when people log on . Not my entire time online lol. Are you saying local chat has been abandoned? °`°

Local chat is dead in many places, its just the way it is. I’ll try and start conversations, greeting everyone that shows up.

SL is all about socializing for me.

If i dont wanna talk ill go home and dance on my own, or sit at my computer.

That always messes guys up. 

“Hey babe whacha doing?”

”I’m in my room sitting at my computer”

“No, I meant whacha doing in SL?”

”I just told you”

🙄

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Lol. Why do people keep trying to make up a scenario of me making friends ? °`°  .....   I don't do that . The ones  I have , came to me despite me being a *****ly cactus :3... they don't need that unnecessary layer of fake respect and tact.  Thankfully . I've got friends who have accounts as old as mine , I've got friends who started this month . I think I'm doing surprisingly well in that area , despite the weird assumption that I'm treating them as harshly as I treat the forumites p:... You guys beg for it, they don't.. well not you specifically,  Persephone.

Edited by Midnoot
the p word that describes a cactus thorn is censored ? I didn't do it
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

So you come complain here and make suggestions about hiding, and you don't do anything else than hiding .. 
You judge people with alts, and you use a alt for the most common reason to have a alt.

giphy.gif

The most common reason to have an alt is to avoid getting ambushed in world by the forumites ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

Why treat anyone harshly?

I'm not intentionally lol. But apparently it comes off that way. I do take. More caution not to hurt the feely feels of the people I meet in world more so than you guys though . P:.. probably because I don't have to defend my every sentence in front of a council of judges when it comes to in world people  . XD

Edited by Midnoot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

running into forum alts who are suddenly interested in friendship !

47 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

The most common reason to have an alt is to avoid getting ambushed in world by the forumites ?

43 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

probably because I don't have to defend my every sentence in front of a council of judges when it comes to in world people

I don't think people care about this nearly as much as you think they do. You can relax... and aren't you a "forumite" as well since you're posting here?

As others have stated earlier, there is no such thing as a "council of judges". In this case, it is just a display of common sense. But I assume you'll keep repeating the same things over and over again, as you have done so far. Oh well. :D 

49 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

unnecessary layer of fake respect and tact.

... a.k.a. basic social skills.

With that being said, thanks. This has been a fun "dramatic" thread. See y'all on another one. :) 

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

As others have stated earlier, there is no such thing as a "council of judges". In this case, it is just a display of common sense. But I assume you'll keep repeating the same things over and over again, as you have done so far. Oh well. :D 

... a.k.a. basic social skills.

With that being said, thanks. This has been a fun "dramatic" thread. See y'all on another one. :) 

Stick around, as you get more experienced with the forum etiquette you will come to see the "council of judges" or the "panel of critics" as I view them. They are always defending SL, never come up with an idea of their own and only post to criticize any others who do have have the audacity to propose a change.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Midnoot did you ever consider that no one talks in local chat anymore and it has nothing to do with your avatars age or you.  A lot of people are talking on discord while they are in SL.  

There are still some of us who talk in chat whenever possible.  I actually discourage IMs from people I don't know or have just met and I don't do Discord.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
Addressed Discord as I intended to
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Stick around, as you get more experienced with the forum etiquette you will come to see the "council of judges" or the "panel of critics" as I view them. They are always defending SL, never come up with an idea of their own and only post to criticize any others who do have have the audacity to propose a change.

And they don't understand the idea of amounts between "all" and "nothing."

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

only post to criticize any others who do have have the audacity to propose a change.

Only when the proposed changes are really, really BAD.

Examples:

Forcing everyone to log in EVERY time, at a single G rated info hub.

Giving squatters the right to rez houses indefinatly in LLDWP rez zones, by pretending their house is a car.

Turning SL into a super low quality first person shooter to attract "leet gamerz".

Imitating ANY aspect of IMVSpew/CrapBlox.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Phew, I must be in the clear then because I already posted my apathy either way to the proposal :P

On another note, how does one apply to be elected to the council?  Asking for a friend...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

On another note, how does one apply to be elected to the council? 

By spamming "scorn laughs" on the posts by the only person who knows the Truth is out there, thanks to their ACME Tin-Foil-Hat.

Shhhhh! Don't repeat this to the group-think sheeple, or they will ALL want a seat on the Council.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.