LindeX Maintenance - Selling L$ trouble - day 4?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Some residents" are having trouble selling L$. It took LL 4 days to identify the issue. God knows when it will be resolved.

I sent a ticket but there is no response.

Honestly, I am surprised there is no post about this issue on forums already.

Anybody else out there with the same problem?

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

I am surprised there is no post about this issue on forums already.

perhaps you'r the only one in the  "some " group, or others think, o lets wait till LL posts the solution it's just a few days  ... ?

25 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's just a few days

Thank you for taking the time to comment, Alwin :). However, I've been through this process week after week for the last 14 years, and I do not recall something like this ever happening before. When it comes to the flow of money, four days of 'we don't know what's going on and when it will be fixed' is far from acceptable for a paid service.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, Alwin :). However, I've been through this process week after week for the last 14 years, and I do not recall something like this ever happening before. When it comes to the flow of money, four days of 'we don't know what's going on and when it will be fixed' is far from acceptable for a paid service.

Your right that it shouldn't, but we also know it can happen.
I think you can't really compare last 14 years to the situation now, we'll deal with a total different company now, in laws and actual because Tillia is in between, and is a official money company, not a desk in the corner of LL office.
You could try livechat if you'r premium/concierge user or call billing?

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i think you missed quite a lot if you ask that.

I believe we have a huge misunderstanding here, Alwin. As an active merchant with real-life income from Second Life in the past 14 years, I am perfectly aware of all the changes that have taken place over time, and none of them have any connection with the issue we are experiencing at the moment. Furthermore, because Tilia is an official money company, I believe we have every right to expect a certain level of customer service.

I feel that the conversation between you and me is missing the point of this post.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The money side of SL should work smoothly 99.9%+. Period.
People who take money out of SL ain't the amateurs of the platform. Business to business should function flawless. No excuses. More than a few hours malfunctioning is already a joke in the modern Internet age. 

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

"Some residents" are having trouble selling L$. It took LL 4 days to identify the issue. God knows when it will be resolved.

I hope this is resolved soon for you and other merchants!  I know a few who depend on cashing out each month to pay bills in both SL & RL.

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wow, interesting that this is still an issue (not for me, I don't sell L$ - I was just checking the grid status).

image.png.b9251226d8a467f6098c0754a3310165.png

Thank you and yes but its 5 Days old ... thats 5 days to long and should be fixed faster

• Like 1

I wonder how many people this is affecting. I'm only a casual and infrequent buyer of lindens but I've always had my buy orders turn around in a few hours if I'm just over the lowest open buy order (assuming it's a low quantity) and well below the typical daily max for the past 30 days. This time it's been sitting for a couple of days. Not a big deal for me, and this approach always carries risk, but if it's because there are people trying to unload their lindens and can't then that definitely irks me.

Edited by Ezbeharra
clarification
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

I think this is a symptom of work from home and how it doesn't really work in the long term.

Pretty sure it's actually a symptom of a financial services company being run like a lemonade stand. A real currency exchange that arbitrarily blocked some traders for any reason would have a small army of federal regulators inspecting the colons of every single person involved.

24 minutes ago, Ezbeharra said:

Pretty sure it's actually a symptom of a financial services company being run like a lemonade stand.

Tilia was set up to be the payment system of the Metaverse. But nobody wanted that service. For a long time, the only non-SL customer was "Upland", which is a sketchy NFT scheme. Recently, though, Tilia signed up VRchat. VRchat is putting in a user to user payment system, which they call a "Creator Economy". (The terms are awful. The "platform" (Steam, etc.) and VRchat take 50% off the top.)

So maybe Tilia will now get its act together as a money transfer firm. It's embarrassing that they still use PayPal. Tilia has a deal with JPMorgan Payments; they should be plugged into the banking system at the ACH/SEPA/FedNow level, where fees are much lower and transfers are faster. If Tilia had FedNow, which JPMorgan Payments supports, you'd be able to sell Lindens and see the money in your bank account within 10 seconds.

Tilia is a regulated California money transfer company. As such, they have statutory obligations. There's a 10 day time limit on delivering payments. After that, up to a $1000 penalty. To file a complaint with the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, click here. DFPI: "You should always file your complaint with the DFPI, regardless of whether you are trying to resolve your dispute through another forum or process. The DFPI relies on your complaints to help us protect consumers, borrowers, investors, and to obtain redress for them when victimized by unlawful, unfair or fraudulent business practices."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, animats said:

Tilia has a deal with JPMorgan Payments; they should be plugged into the banking system at the ACH/SEPA/FedNow level, where fees are much lower and transfers are faster. If Tilia had FedNow, which JPMorgan Payments supports, you'd be able to sell Lindens and see the money in your bank account within 10 seconds.

I am sure that is how things are working in USA, but my experience with wire transfers from 10+ years ago is not that smooth, money was sent through several banks before it would land in my bank account after 10 days of waiting. So, for the rest of the world, PayPal is still the best option.

• Like 1

I've spoken to several people with the same problem and just got off Live Chat and this is the summary of info I've collected.

1. According to Live Chat, engineers are working on a fix for LindeX. They can not say how long this could take. 

2. The affected people I've talked to are from Europe, but Live Chat says it is irrelevant and that problem is definitely on their side.

3. It is possible to exchange money, but in ridiculously small amounts, some are mentioning 5000 others 15000 L$ per transaction. It is also advised by Live Chat, but they can not say what amount is the limit, it depends from account to account. Also, if you get stuck it is good to restart the modem and computer, according to residents.

4. Live Chat says we should not have any problems with the number of transactions in this period as "Governance is aware of the issue as well"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3. It is possible to exchange money, but in ridiculously small amounts, some are mentioning 5000 others 15000 L$ per transaction. It is also advised by Live Chat, but they can not say what amount is the limit, it depends from account to account. Also, if you get stuck it is good to restart the modem and computer, according to residents.

Well .. small amounts: I had time and try to test it. Its not important how much or small the Amount is - I try from 1000 till 10.000 and test it and final it doesn't work.

I open Ticket and got tons of sorry and that they work on it. (I remember the last time I hear this words was March 2023 and we all know what then comes... waiting Time was over 6 Month) .. I hope they mean this time realy what they say  🙃😉

14 hours ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

I am sure that is how things are working in USA, but my experience with wire transfers from 10+ years ago is not that smooth, money was sent through several banks before it would land in my bank account after 10 days of waiting. So, for the rest of the world, PayPal is still the best option.

Paypal has a bank status  in the EU.
Nothing wrong using it IMHO

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.