Belli Voyages & Explorations

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've often wished that explorations like @SarahKB7 Koskinen 's and others were easier to find, rather than being buried in the SSP, individual theme, or Linden Home Photos threads.  So I hope that if you make a voyage and want to share the route, or just come across an interesting spot, you'll think of this thread!  No need for gorgeous pictures (tho I so enjoyed @Rolig Loon 's travelogues!).

Let me start with this N-S Mediterranean voyage.  I started on water (red), then switched to wearable horse (yellow) to go to the nearest rez zone, then switched to my jeep for the drive down south (teal).  It was a very pleasant and EASY voyage!  Note that Med bridges are fairly low, you want a small (or phantom!) boat.

The teal part of the trip is only approximate, to show the regions I went through.  The Med road network is extremely easy to navigate, it is not as twisty as many themes and has few dead ends, so I was able to make my way by the seat of my pants, sometimes going out of my way to see a region that I thought might be nice. My jeep wasn't needed - any car will be happy on Med's roads.

Have you noticed that on every void-facing Med region, there is a road in the exact center (N-S, or E-W) of each void-facing edge?  I didn't notice if that's true on the edges that face existing regions, but I wouldn't be surprised it if was.  But I didn't feel that I was driving in a grid,  the impression was rather of pleasant wandering (someone should do a coffee table book of Med parcel entrances!).  There are curves, hills, etc.. So far, I'm impressed with how residents are adhering to theme in their landscaping.

I think the Meds so far are my favorite theme for a pleasant Sunday drive!

Psst!  I have not traveled the Ranches at all, and would be interested in someone else's experience there :)

MedExplore.thumb.png.0e725feede94e45fbef464c7a4dd5f11.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

With the exception of the newer Ranch and Mediterranean themes, I've explored Belli very extensively since the day it opened, by both road and sea generally.  There is a lot of hidden stuff to uncover when you do that, and it's fun to stumble across the Easter Eggs the Moles have left for us to discover,  as well as plenty of hidden picnic areas etc - honestly I doubt anyone has found every little thing there is in Belli.

I wonder if anyone has compiled a full list?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Belli needs an "Asylum / Dungeon". 

I found one near Luna few years ago, and was shocked I missed it all these years.

Nothing like that has ever been near me, Mr.

• Haha 2

19th May 2021:

My Objective: Attempt a full crossing of all of SL's (then) connected continents within a single day, on the surface (land and water), without flying, no teleporting and using only one vehicle for the entire journey.

Start: Giuseppe (Gaeta V's most north-east sim region)

Half-way: Tully Low (Jeogeot's most southern sim region)

Finish: Fillip (Heterocera Atoll's most northern sim region)

NorthtoSouthtoNorthtripv219May2021.thumb.jpg.c957e654ccabba284f70bffa371388d9.jpg

^ Map and route from 19th May 2021 

Status/Time taken: Completed in approximately 9 hours

Vehicle used: Hovercraft

😎

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

19th May 2021:

My Objective: Attempt a full crossing of all of SL's (then) connected continents within a single day, on the surface (land and water), without flying, no teleporting and using only one vehicle for the entire journey.

Status/Time taken: Completed in approximately 9 hours

9 HOURS!  Wow, an amazing voyage!  I see you went right by some nice Community Regions - I can only hope that when you took breaks for meals yourself, you arranged for your avatar to disembark and get a little refreshment too!  

😜

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Here's an interesting route for a possible connection someday between Sansara & the Ranch regions.

1. Start at Drum, at the end of the paved Linden road. Beyond this point there is a stretch of Protected land just waiting to be paved with a road.

1-24-24Drum-LindenRoad_001.thumb.jpg.c12bca5353e7e154af3e3d093bfaa21e.jpg

2. Turn south here at Mushamush

1-24-24BigMushamush-turnsouthhere_001.thumb.jpg.fea74857eda63f94a89f9927f03419ab.jpg

3. Then turn east here at Mushamush

1-24-24BigMushamush-turneasthere_001.thumb.jpg.95020f696a34463a3ef1bb653c613b47.jpg

4. There's abandoned water here at Rumgally.

1-24-24Rumgally-Abandonedwater_001.thumb.jpg.30374b82900a44f9ca062b6819e4e340.jpg

5. There's Protected Water at Dunbeath. It looks narrow here, but the deck is overhanging Linden land.

1-24-24Dunbeath-Protectedwater_001.thumb.jpg.dc455340f2d0239118d245e3961dec0d.jpg

6. Then there's land held by Guy Linden with pending Protected status.

1-24-24Dunvegan-pendingprotected_001.thumb.jpg.82a4994411ace795e944db22c72e42cc.jpg

7. There are a couple of privately held parcels blocking a clear route to the eastern edge of Sansara. 😢

8. Then a much too narrow strip of Protected Land at the edge. 😢

1-24-24Dunvegan-narrowstrip_001.thumb.jpg.7aa46085546c13b9c812638dff2a24ec.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I visited the road at Drum and also saw the protected route land, which extends eastwards through three sim regions which I've mapped out below in green.

EastSansararoad25Jan2024.thumb.png.fa451070f9e316ac6f98a4f9c3c8c7f2.png

I don't see how road traffic could possibly move between Ranch and Sansara in this vicinity because there simply isn't the space for a bridge or tunnel or simply extending the road out to the coast amongst the multitude of private micro-parcel and ban-lines mess in Dunbeath, Invergarry, Rosyth or Dunvegan.

And yes, there's some water in Dunvegan, but what little water there is, is privately owned and doesn't connect to the wider network of Sansara's inland rivers or seas which would of made a connection here worthwhile.

In all, this would not really be a good location for moving between Belli and Sansara, unless you were flying.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.