Stupid Belli question(s)?

Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

If an alt holds the better location, it is also possible to downgrade the other account and keep using the alt's place, no?

As AzureWaves mentions, I want Lil to have certain benefits (since she is my primary account), so I keep her  at Premium or better.  So when dollars get tight, it is the alts that have to downgrade -- usually all the way to basic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elleevelyn said:

is a problem with this which I think on reflection, Linden would not want to open the door too

sometimes people in their desire to obtain/own something they really really want, expose themselves in ways that  would otherwise be unfathomable to them. Like give me your payment info and email address and I will give you this home you really really want. Really really wanting person logs in next day to their payment provider and zero money

Yeah, the more I think about it, 'where there is a will, there is a way' and thus someone will figure it out.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, the more I think about it, 'where there is a will, there is a way' and thus someone will figure it out.

i was talking to my auntie yesterday, who is in the elder group which constant get scammer/phishing attempts on them. My aunt was telling about this email they got that day and showed it to me. Basically the pitch was: Get a awesome Dyson vacuum cleaner for special half price. as we/scammer have been able to secure a whole bunch of them. Please contact us to go on our Special Priority Customer List for only $3 as there is limited quantity. Hurry now !!

my auntie goes: I was so tempted. I really really wanted it to be true, as I really really want a Dyson vacuum cleaner which I can't afford at full price. And I say well done auntie! you did great to resist. Then we have a sigh and a giggle because why can't these things be actually true even tho they never will be

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If people ask to do this today, then there is not actually a transfer.  So..

Did they try to convince you there would be a "transfer"? Because there wouldn't actually.

I was the holder of the parcel and I was abandoning it in a public way, long ago when no one really did that so at that point a "transfer" hadn't been a thought  until this person. It was early Bellisseria and a very sought after place, demand was higher and stock was lower. I keep to the covenant. (apart from when I unwittingly kept my dropbox in my LH), so that wasn't a consideration. House went to someone I think still has it. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Stupid Belli Question: Have there been any more Bellisseria Ghosts?

Not in the way of the ghosts that got the gravestones. That was an ongoing issue where the ghosts were stuck for a long time and were anon clouds. Whatever caused those ghosts was fixed, as far as we know.

People can still be ghosted the regular way though. There was a ghost of me in the ranches at Hallowe'en when I was elsewhere, which was appropriate given the season. These ghosts usually vanish either because someone tries to click/interact with them or the person who was ghosted relogs and the system sorts it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/16/2024 at 5:41 PM, Sid Nagy said:

If an alt holds the better location, it is also possible to downgrade the other account and keep using the alt's place, no?

In my case my alt had the better location and it was an alt I never really used (just used for the LH) and there was no need for the alt to have all the perks. Now the  weekly stipend I could pay to this account but my alt woul dhave the extra group slots and that wouldn't have done me any good.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Sadly they don't enforce that rule. That, or the AR backlog is months long and other issues that get AR'd more recently jump over that one in queue.

Yes I see vendors quite a bit as well as the ole dropboxes

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2024 at 6:16 AM, Qie Niangao said:

And does anybody have other questions they'd like to try out here, before submitting them for the anniversary?

Why are the Fantasy regions only accessible in one place? If the answer is "because we think its cool and special to make this area a cul-de-sac", I am not buying it. Why not connect the Fantasy regions to the rest of the grid in places like Nelson Eddy or Nana, making the protected-connected water in the Fantasy regions actually useful?

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

Why are the Fantasy regions only accessible in one place? If the answer is "because we think its cool and special to make this area a cul-de-sac", I am not buying it.

I believe that is in fact the answer...

Put on your best stuffy geek accent, begin with "Well. Ack-shually..." and then start taking about genre purity. You'll hit the mark a few sentences into that. ;)

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I filed an AR with my main on one a few months back and have been waiting to see if anything would ever happen. Other things I reported after it were dealt with in a matter of days suggesting some AR backlog but not an insane backlog (not that I file ARs often, but I did have a spate of a few of them in the last quarter of 2023).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Why are the Fantasy regions only accessible in one place? If the answer is "because we think its cool and special to make this area a cul-de-sac", I am not buying it. Why not connect the Fantasy regions to the rest of the grid in places like Nelson Eddy or Nana, making the protected-connected water in the Fantasy regions actually useful?

Why must every waterway in SL be pressed into service to provide "useful" water access to all regions? 

I'm a person whose primary pleasure in SL nowadays is exploration, generally via water -- and I have no problem with Fantasseria being a land apart, accessible only via a storm-lashed passage.  To me, it adds to the charm of the place.  And charm is what Fantasseria is all about.  Perhaps I AM a stuffy geek, but I don't think your practical desire for optimal boating paths should prevail over the desires of those who "get" Fantasseria's unique design.

• Like 5

Yeah I can see the cross appeal. But it does mean that people who have homes on the fantasy coastlines can't sail out as easily as people in other themes and yet the fantasy regions have some great internal waterways.

Plus side: No 100m long giant yachts all along the fantasy waters - in the internal waterways even a small SL sailboat like the Bandit IF can seem large.

Downside: No 100m long age of sailing ships along those coastal waters - in theme boats also can't make use.

Small powerboats work great in the canals, but are out of theme. Small sailboats that use actual wind systems would be more tricky as the canals are thinner than ideal response times. But I have messed around with some of mine in there and it's not impossible.

Odd aspect: most of the edge regions are still not open because the demand hasn't filled out the interior. These edge regions are the ones any sailor would want. I suspect this issue of 'why doesn't fantasy connect up well' will get raised a lot if those regions ever get filled because the people who do eventually take those lots will wonder why they can't sail out of them other than hugging a very long coast until they reach the top.

I suspect that if the coastal regions of fantasy did open up, people would hurry to grab them despite the interior remaining with high vacancy. I'm just guessing, but I can't be the only one watching those regions and the boathouses over between "SSPAlotta Fish" through to "SSPBristol Fashion" and waiting... That said, I happen to have a fantasy home right near the exit point (premium plus will get you what you want if it's open) so I'm watching the other fantasies now mostly in hopes of neighbors.

That noted: A few more plots up top are still available but you'll need a premium plus ticket to get them as the odds of hitting one by random are thin. The absolute best 'sail into and out of fantasy' plots are taken by people who have no indication of an interest in boats (but might and I just don't see it). The ones with direct water access though might be less than a single handful, as the canal bridges make it hard to sail many boats in or out.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

In the past I had a huge fantasy area comprised of multiple sims. You remind me of a couple of people who messaged me with strange remarks like "why is the water so blue??? -- water isn't supposed to be that blue", and "why do you have a huge bunny in the garden"?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

5 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I filed an AR with my main on one a few months back and have been waiting to see if anything would ever happen. Other things I reported after it were dealt with in a matter of days suggesting some AR backlog but not an insane backlog (not that I file ARs often, but I did have a spate of a few of them in the last quarter of 2023).

I have AR'd such before and they have disappeared.  Possibly folks put them back a few days later and then they'd have to be AR'd again.  Multiple occurrences of the same infraction will get someone banned from having an Linden Home.  When I submit an AR for something about a Linden Home, I keep an LM and go back to check on the issue.  If the issue is still there a week later, I AR again - I make the assumption that my AR was handled and the home owner put the item back out a few days after LL returned it to them.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.