2024 - Will LL finally fully acknowledge the Adult side of SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

This has always been the problem.

You can't put corporate schmoozing next to an orgy tent.

Serious business hasn't wanted anything here in well over a decade. So LL leant in to remote working during the pandemic ... which was literally the very last thing everyone working from home wanted. More ways to ruin something fun by making it about work. Good job.

Always trying the same losing strategy over and over and over, amplifying the same tired use cases no one cared for, all while the tiniest vocal minority gleefully clutch pearls; Now, finally, as the curtains are drawing in and we're all feeling the pinch...

A voice whispers .. "hey, you know " ..

IMVU are several times bigger than we are. Let that sink in. We lost to that warm miserable garbage. 

It's going to take some serious, dedicated and long term commitments to the adult side of SL (that has literally been paying for this folly for two decades) before anyone will take any of this seriously.

WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THAT TENT

We don't need an event or some "sauce" (whatever the fresh hell LL think that might be). Move Zindra with the rest of mainland. Make some adult Linden Homes. Add some more adult Land or Horizons .. maybe repurpose all that empty G rated stuff no one wants (yet we still have to pay to keep online). Stop hiding away from the product on the website or trying to sell vague notions of how "surprising" SL is. Raise the minimum age to 18. Delete the "meetings in SL" mini site.

Accept the userbase for who they are and appreciate what drives us to be here. Find ways to reach more people like us. Be the actual Second chance at Life so many need now more than ever.

One clear message.

Your World Your Imagination; and when that world turns out to be full of smut, believe us when we say "we did that on purpose".

Just because it's "adult" and "spicy", doesn't mean it is necessarily "orgies" and "smut". But, that's just my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just because it's "adult" and "spicy", doesn't mean it is necessarily "orgies" and "smut". But, that's just my opinion.

Myself, I don't think you would have to go full on, put it out as the front horse pulling the stagecoach.. Just don't try to shove it under the rug as much as they have been doing since  like 2009 and embrace that it's part of the community here too..When it was just Mature and General  there was a larger population, more businesses of all kinds, new users coming in all the time every day, just a better mixture and variety of stuff all around..

Too much of any one thing I don't think would be good.. Find a balance and stop sending that one child to the basement when company comes over..

When you cut off something from  everything else, you kind of lose the stuff that was in the middle of that gap at the same time..

There was some really good stuff in between home life and hard core back then.. We need more Rumspringa!! Whooo \o/  and  less, acting like we drink tea with our pinkies saluting.. hehehe

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Conifer Dada said:

I'm struggling to think of any adult activity that isn't possible already in SL - not that I indulge in many of them personally, of course!

No, I think you could find whatever you wanted if you dig hard enough for activities, but that's just activities.. If you look at it as pulling up and relocating trees from a forest, you've only relocated the trees and lose a lot of the forest that thrived from them being connected..

Out of sight out of mind impacts  a lot of fluidity that we once had on the grid, I believe anyways..

I just feel when you shove something under the rug, it impacts the flow of ideas that inspire creativity to those that may not bump into things so easily..

There is activities, but also there was a much bigger wider forests, that just feels like is missing..

Rather than feeling like there is a road from here to there, it feels more like a teleport than a road trip.. hehehe

Lets see what other early morning, having my tea, examples can I just blab out there, until the sun comes up and the house gets noisy.. lol

14 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

How about paying taxes?
🤪

That's one adult activity that I really have no interest in!!! Seems the government has me collared, and no way of turning THEIR RLV off!!! I did try using a "Safeword", but they didn't respect it!!! 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Takes, bills, cleaning the house, raising children, cooking, doing dishes, yardwork, home improvement, car repair..

I've never found raising children to be a chore.  But the rest? Yeah, those can stay in the deepest bowels of hell where they belong!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Hey, I was only objecting to characterizing activities as "orgies" and "smut". Not adult activities, or their promotion, or listing them, etc. 

Have you tried visiting any of these locations .. orgies and smut isn't derogatory, it's descriptive. Also keep in mind this is the shallow end of the adult content pool, derogatory comes much later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Meanwhile ... 

image.png.5d0f157b83196ebb7c319c2730c80e0a.png

Don't worry, I blurred out all the hyperbole.

That is so funny because it’s true. The search is flooded with adult places to go most of which are as empty as the rest of SL events. 

what could possibly change? 

an influx of more sex driven members and those of us who are not here for that are having in our faces constantly . Like shoving it down our throats even! 

I feel dirty sometimes if I forget to turn off adult search.. like a big giant who ha dripping who ha tears or a unrealistic pickle with its vinegar juice squirting twords my face… making my eyes burn with embarrassment because my cat sees that *****… 

don’t get me started in all the miss assigned gifs in search. 

👀 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I feel dirty sometimes if I forget to turn off adult search.. like a big giant who ha dripping who ha tears or a unrealistic pickle with its vinegar juice squirting twords my face… making my eyes burn with embarrassment because my cat sees that *****… 

This is the worst sentence I’ve read on this website.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Other than the under-18 folks that are in SL, I figure it is up to every adult to control their own experiences.  LL shouldn't need to make things harder for the average user.

That's actually some of the reason for my stance. I want movement between ratings to always need a teleport and be unable to be automated in order to prevent accidental crossing and conflicts of what should be going on when and where.

I want to always know when I'm moving between rating, and be able to keep it from happening outside of my awareness (such as with an experience or RLV).

I want to be able to fully avoid a rating that is not consistent with how I wish to experience SL. If I were a 'G' user, I'd want all the M and A stuff "gone" from my SL. As an 'A' user I would like to have an easier time avoiding anything 'G'.

Make it easier for me to control my experience.

Otherwise - even having a rating system just seems to add hassle and confusion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

IMVU are several times bigger than we are. Let that sink in. We lost to that warm miserable garbage. 

I didn't realize IMVU still existed.

To me it seems like LL has finally realized what the users want: Barbie Dream House - but not necessarily in pink.

Bellisseria is the main product now, and they can't put out regions fast enough, even almost 4 years on.

Sure, some old themes remain half empty, but people keep grabbing up plots. Which in turn also drives a lot of shopping, more than the stipend can fund, so people are buying L$ for their dollhouses and their barbies (avatars).

2 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

To me it seems like LL has finally realized what the users want: Barbie Dream House - but not necessarily in pink.

Maybe the answer will be that people want more houses each. Two "Barbie" houses, and one "adult" house. Now that's a shocker, "two in the pink, and one in the stink".

41 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

an influx of more sex driven members and those of us who are not here for that are having in our faces constantly . Like shoving it down our throats even! 

To quote a redditor on this subject 

image.png.b7e54af4dd8d449f7fbfb2faeefbe9cb.png 

SL is an adult space. It has always been an adult space. All the things you're here for .. those are what the "sex driven members" do between all the "shoving... ".

Adult content is the only reason this mess exists, it and the massive supporting economy pays for everything that happens in SL, and always has.

There have been many attempts to create platforms that aren't full of adult content, and they all die empty and abandoned. Every single time.

Even LL tried it. They bet the farm on it. It died. Which is why Linden Lab was sold to new owners.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.