House recommendations?

TadNoodle2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there!

I'm back in SL and I'm facing my arch nemesis: choosing a house.

I'd really like to find a nice cottage or a Victorian farmhouse style home, but I can't really find anything. Another problem I'm having is that a lot of SL house interiors are so bleak and cold feeling. I don't mind doing some modding, but I am a little worried about completely breaking the house lol.

I like Scarlet Creative, Trompe O'Leil, L2 Studio and I have one Onsu house but found it hard to customize. I like the Linden Home Victorians but I'm renting land this time so I can perhaps open up a little art shop and gallery at some point. 

Do you all have any suggestions? 

4 hours ago, TadNoodle2 said:

a lot of SL house interiors are so bleak and cold feeling. I don't mind doing some modding, but I am a little worried about completely breaking the house lol.

i have a lot of Trompe's houses, it's with a little patience not a impossible job to change interior walls, (with select face and part) big + when it goes wrong, you always have a fresh copy in your inventory (note, when you'r a groupmember, Trompe has interesting prices with selected homes/furniture/ other items, on a regulary changing selection)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TadNoodle2 said:

am a little worried about completely breaking the house lol

Don't be! Like Alwin says, you'll have a fresh copy if you really completely mess it up, and if it encourages you, I'm so super untalented with such things that I'd almost guarantee that if I can do it, and even I can, as I found out, anyone can and you'll learn things by trial and error. :)

• Like 2

I'll add my recommendation to that of @Ingrid Ingersoll regarding Barnesworth Anubis.  I have several of his houses, having moved lots of times, and am currently living in his Warwick Cottage, which is so new it's not yet in the Marketplace but is available from his shop, and already has an optional snow canopy (one of the reasons I like his houses).  It's cosy, with four rooms on one level, and the log fire burns gently.  I'll stop there before this turns into an advertisement. :D 

20231205 Warwick_001.jpg

20231205 Warwick_002.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added pictures.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.