Spam, False Keywords

FelicityPage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Amazon is amongst the worst. I mean there's probably worse but for such a big site it's absurd how poor the search is, it's nearly impossible to properly search. Ebay is getting pretty bad as well but can usually still be tamed.

Amazon though... good luck.

I never have any problems using Amazon's search system to find what I'm looking for, and I do it quite often.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

People are now using "LaraX" in their listings for things that have nothing at all to do with LaraX.

Of course they are, it's a standard tactic in SL marketing, you shove a fad-keyword in your listing to get fad-followers to find your stuff.

Remember the "Bento" launch, and people selling "Bento" shapes, and "Bento" skin, and "Bento" clothing, and "bento" furniture, that all made exactly no use whatso ever of "Bento".

Shape makers with less honesty than most even told people they had to buy a "Bento" shape, to replace their "old pre-Bento" shapes or else their "Bento" wouldn't work.

Same with "BoM", skin maker takes the Real-Lara UV applier skin they sell for 800,  recycles the textures for a system skin, repackages as a "BoM" skin and raises the price to 1200,now they rebrand as LardaX and bump the price to 1600, and when PBR rolls out, they will rebrand that to "PBR LardaX BoM" for "only" 2000. despite the fact that it's the same damn 800 L% skin they have been selling for years. 

Welcome to SL, are you learning yet?

• Like 3

On 11/27/2023 at 12:52 AM, Perrie Juran said:

It will partly depend on how much free time I have but as a general rule I don't hesitate to report an item for key word spam.

I would love to know what happens when we flag an item. Do the Lindens have the time to review flagged items? Or is this effort just getting sucked into the black hole of futility? I would love it if a Linden would weigh in on what happens after we flag an item.

Lindens definitely check them, the response just naturally varies based on how egregious the keyword spamming is, and whoever happens to be checking at the time.

Here's a recent thread from a merchant who complained about their keyword spam getting unlisted:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/505602-product-marked-as-spam

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.