What do Men Friends "Do" together in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Unity Evermore said:
13 hours ago, HeathcliffMontague said:
14 hours ago, Unity Evermore said:

Men are solitary creatures. They don't hang around one another for the same reason stallions don't hang around one another.

That's some quasi "alpha male" BS right there... Don't be "that guy", it will lead nowhere... Been there, done that. Then I grew up.

Two mares in the herd aren't in direct competition with each other. They can both be impregnated by the same stallion. It even helps if they cooperate. They can watch out for, and provide care for each other's foals.

But two stallions? Different rules apply. There are few win-win scenarios. It's mostly winner take all. A herd only needs one stallion.

These enlightening comments were posted and so I provided a photo of a horse to compliment them.

That's all folks!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sorry @Sequoia Sojourner, I assumed you were a male and posting supporting comments in jest!

I didn't realize you were trolling.

..Good job? Subtle!

You might be reading too much into this.

If the thread started discussing cats, for example, I might post a cute-interesting-funny photo of a kitty. I like animals a lot, and love to post photos of them. I'm a small kitty avatar in SL.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When a thread like this gets derailed enough with "snark" and "humor", the more serious comments get lost!

Oh, well! Such is Second Life!

I agree, Love. So many noteworthy threads have been ruined by an abundance of 'dad jokes'. It would be fantastic if we could have more serious discussions.

But yeah, such is Second life!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

part of me is stuck thinking of other Dad jokes

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I should have just said, "it's like a joke but we didn't get the punchline" instead of using the word "trolling!"

Perhaps one of the self appointed Thread Gatekeepers could post a new thread rule, all criminally unfunny attempts at humour must be followed by the words "is joke" on a separate line. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

I am actually laughing. Must be a joke. It hasn't been a day where I have felt like laughing until I logged into SL forums. 

The irony is, some people are just "slow", "dense", "fragile", and/or "sensitive" enough that you need a "<joke>" or "<sarcasm>" tag lest they implode or essplode. And whatever you do, don't make direct eye contact!

Back on topic: I assume "Men Friends" in Second life spend a lot of time avoiding direct eye contact.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The irony is, some people are just "slow", "dense", "fragile", and/or "sensitive" enough that you need a "<joke>" or "<sarcasm>" tag lest they implode or essplode. And whatever you do, don't make direct eye contact!

Back on topic: I assume "Men Friends" in Second life spend a lot of time avoiding direct eye contact.

They're grateful for the extra fidgety AOs which stops them from making eye contact with anyone. 

What do men do together - NOT shop for AOs tee hee. 

Actually men friends might go to AO stores together. If they don't they should, there is very little more funny than watching other people (and by people I mean men) testing walks and runs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

They're grateful for the extra fidgety AOs which stops them from making eye contact with anyone. 

What do men do together - NOT shop for AOs tee hee. 

Actually men friends might go to AO stores together. If they don't they should, there is very little more funny than watching other people (and by people I mean men) testing walks and runs. 

I have happy memories shopping at Abraminations with friends!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cariboustag said:

You do know people aren't horses, right? Like, we have more depth and emotional intelligence than them?

The point isn't that humans are equivalent to horses. It's that both humans and horses are social species in which males of both are subjected to intense selective pressure that governs their interactions same species males.

You see the same kind of behavior in species more closely related to humans, such as chimps and gorillas. Compared to horses, there is much more sexual dimorphism in apes and humans. Human males on average weight about 40% more than females due to the effect of tournament-type mating competitions in which the strongest males prevailed.

As far as the depth and emotional intelligence of humans relative to horses, primates are about eight times more likely to kill members of their own species compared to other animals.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Unity Evermore said:

The point isn't that humans are equivalent to horses. It's that both humans and horses are social species in which males of both are subjected to intense selective pressure that governs their interactions same species males.

You see the same kind of behavior in species more closely related to humans, such as chimps and gorillas. Compared to horses, there is much more sexual dimorphism in apes and humans. Human males on average weight about 40% more than females due to the effect of tournament-type mating competitions in which the strongest males prevailed.

As far as the depth and emotional intelligence of humans relative to horses, primates are about eight times more likely to kill members of their own species compared to other animals.

🙄 

(You forgot lobsters.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(You forgot lobsters.)

Lobsters are arthropods and have external skeletons. They are basically insects that grow comparatively much larger because they live in water which provides buoyancy and offsets the weight of their exoskeleton.

While not closely related to humans, female lobsters typically opt for dominant males when mating.

1 hour ago, Unity Evermore said:

Human males on average weight about 40% more than females due to the effect of tournament-type mating competitions in which the strongest males prevailed.

Oddly enough, I've yet to see an advertisement for one of these tournament type mating competitions...in my lifetime or my mother's or my grandmother's or or or...

I believe men are only 15%-20% larger than females on average.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Unity Evermore said:

Lobsters are arthropods and have external skeletons. They are basically insects that grow comparatively much larger because they live in water which provides buoyancy and offsets the weight of their exoskeleton.

While not closely related to humans, female lobsters typically opt for dominant males when mating.

Whoooooooosh . . . !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.