​😁​ What is the funniest thing you have seen in Second Life?

Carpentoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure we've all seen a ton of funny stuff in Second Life. The funniest thing for me personally was when I saw my then partner standing on a beach with no trousers on, believing he was on his own, but showing nothing except his smooth area.

Going through some photos I have, this one is from 2008 and is making me laugh even now. 

2008.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I'm sure we've all seen a ton of funny stuff in Second Life. The funniest thing for me personally was when I saw my then partner standing on a beach with no trousers on, believing he was on his own, but showing nothing except his smooth area.

Going through some photos I have, this one is from 2008 and is making me laugh even now. 

2008.jpg

I love this! What seemed like something unique back then is now pretty silly :P! I love the growth of SL!

• Like 2

It might be just me that finds this funny, and it is shockingly bad quality (taken with a small hand held camera back in 2008). My partner and I had some land, on which he had this pig wallow area, full of chickens, which made noise and protested when we accidentally ran into them, and that made this all the more funny to us. The pigs kept going walkabout, and I would invariably find one or more of them stuck in a wall. One time my partner was actually threatened with suspension by Linden Lab because the noise his pigs were making could "be heard all over the sim" according to one of the neighbours, who it turns out used to frequent these forums and always moaned about the slightest. little. thing. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Bought myself a husband in 2008

2008.jpg

I accidentally cut mine in half while I was having fun going through my inventory trying on stuff that I haven't worn in awhile.. I was like, Jeebus, I can't even have any fun playing with my inventory..  This is why I won't ever get SL married again..  Don't believe that saying that the third one is a charm.. Just look at him!  Does he look charming!\o/

51444493105_9e8315e81f_b.jpg

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, FelicityPage said:

Back before fitted and rigged mesh clothes, one had to adjust their body to fit the clothes, so this guy's pants did not rezz yet, and all I saw were super skinny goat legs supporting a bulky body with oversized arm muscles, I wish I still had that pic LOL

You kept a good picture of it in your mind and conjured one up in my own brain too. Some of the funniest things in Second Life happened when we just didn't get the chance or think to photograph them. 

A lot of funny things that happened were also "you had to be there" moments. I have laughed so much at times in Second Life - especially when I was playing around doing daft juvenile things with my mentor/ex-partner Colman - that my ribs have hurt for days afterwards. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:
2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

A lot of funny things that happened were also "you had to be there" moments. 

This is why I'm finding it hard to reply, lol...it doesn't look as funny when I type it out.

Something that may be "funny" to one person, may be absolutely horrific to another!

..which is probably even funnier to the person that intended it to be funny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I remember one time at a club I used to work at for a few years.. They had hired a new manager, which was a guy to replace the one that had just left, which was a female and pretty much  our mentor from the time the club was started..It was our first guy manager or replaced manager at that..

We were all asked to come to the club and  be on stage so we could all meet the new manager..

We're all standing up there and the owner starts saying stuff that I can't remember.. I just remember in the dancers group the other girls started posting LOL's and things like , once you see it you can't unsee it, things like that..

I was actually listening to the owner at first and then wondering what was going on.. Then I seen it..

The new manager either forgot to turn it off or it just never derezzed, but his junk was hanging outside of his pants.. 

I was like OMG! How in the world do we let this guy know, when we are this far into the meeting..One girl said in the group, you don't, you save this for later.. hehehe

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I remember one time at a club I used to work at for a few years.. They had hired a new manager, which was a guy to replace the one that had just left, which was a female and pretty much  our mentor from the time the club was started..It was our first guy manager or replaced manager at that..

We were all asked to come to the club and  be on stage so we could all meet the new manager..

We're all standing up there and the owner starts saying stuff that I can't remember.. I just remember in the dancers group the other girls started posting LOL's and things like , once you see it you can't unsee it, things like that..

I was actually listening to the owner at first and then wondering what was going on.. Then I seen it..

The new manager either forgot to turn it off or it just never derezzed, but his junk was hanging outside of his pants.. 

I was like OMG! How in the world do we let this guy know, when we are this far into the meeting..One girl said in the group, you don't, you save this for later.. hehehe

The new Manager: "Now that I have your full and complete attention..Hey! Eyes up here!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Long ago in the early, early days when I managed a club  I logged in early to do some decorating and was a Linden standing there with his voice on.  I PMed him hoping the "ding-ding" would alert him but he sat there for a bit. I turned off voice and about 10 minutes later he woke up and PMed me back saying "I'm so sorry - LL is working me hard and I was checking regions running the newest server code and I nodded.  Have a nice day!"  We chatted in PMs for a few minutes and shortly after he warped out.

The club's visitor tracker indicated he was there for about 3 hours --- probably grabbing a "quick" snooze! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I once saw a football match taking place on a sky platform, with two proper teams and a referee. It was most impressive. At the end of the game, the manager of one team took all his clothes off, streaked across the pitch, and then started to dry hump his players, who all took it in good fun. 

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.