deserted Gorean sims and combat in my time zone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Let me just peek in to kill this one dead.

There are no furries in Gor because Gor has no furries. It's that simple.

This is not "fursecution" and all the fluff entitled furries with little regard for other groups boundaries is just that, entitled fluff, and a decade long pathetic whine. "I went to a place and they banned me, there must be _REASONS_ other than you know .. the big obvious one reason."

Deliberately going to Gor and getting banned was a right of passage in some furry circles, yet no one thought to consider the other side ... we're trying to have a thematic fantasy RP here and these furry trolls keep showing up to deliberately poop in the middle of the room and then cry about it not being ok.

🙄

There are no Storm Troopers in Star Trek.

How nice, "killing" a statement by disagreeing with it.  Cool!

I am NOT putting words in anyone's mouth, but I personally believe that when someone explains this point of view WITHOUT saying "this is wrong, Second Life should be accepting, who says Furries can't roleplay, etc.." - it means they agree with the sentiment that Gore should be "exclusive". 

I personally believe - that Furries are their own subculture that should be accepted everywhere.

I had also heard "back in the day" that gays weren't all that accepted in Gore.

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Thank you for bringing up these principals. Since I've never played Gorean RP and only read one book, I'd forgotten there were supposed to be some honorable virtues represented in the books and roleplay.

I read about the first 7 books of the series in my teens and early 20's as I was very much into fantasy fiction back then and though I agree with your previous post that the writing style wasn't the best, the books were entertaining with an element of eroticism.

I ran across the RP first in IMVU and then somewhat in SL before 2010 and enjoyed it for a year or two before finally moving on. I think the extreme formality was what eventually turned me off though it was a good learning experience.

People get freaked out about the female submission but in a way, it was the females who were really in control of both the RP and sims back then but behind the scenes. If a Master wasn't toeing the line and playing it right, he's be neutered and tossed out on his ear. ;)

• Like 4

As long as nothing splashes on my diner, everybody is allowed to live their SL the way it suites them fine.
Not my beer.
SL is big enough for all of us.

And about the OP's question:  Places come, places go. That is SL.
Don't forget to clean up your landmarks regularly.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Because English......
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray books are also crimes against literature, but I don't see as many people complaining about SL vampire RP or just bad BDSM RP in SL based upon their popularity.

Really? You've never heard people going on about "sparkly vampires" and "50 shades of vanilla", I don't know ANY people in the D/s scene circles I visit who think 50 shades is anything but drek written by an outsider, and utterly worthless..

Now that's subjective data, no doubt there's some guys someplace roleplaying the whole "sophisticated mega rich aristocratic business tycoons into kink" thing, really really badly., but there are definately people complaining about the assumption by outsiders that 50 Shades is anything to do with the BDSM scene. just as they complain about outsiders assuming Gor is anything to do with BDSM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well if it isn't Gor, it is some other RP or even just the natural course of it almost anywhere you go in SL. In general female avatars tend to take on a submissive role and males the dominant one. It is most assuredly not a Gor phenomena only.

I agree and I'll even say that in general women often fall into a submissive position toward men because they've been conditioned to do so. I'm not saying it's "natural" or universal though. RL people are complicated, so any black or white, us vs. them categorization is going to fall short.

Removing Gorean RP or even trying to denigrate it, will not make women stand up for themselves and refuse to take submissive roles in society. Mocking it a bit might make it seem less romantic though. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I agree and I'll even say that in general women often fall into a submissive position toward men because they've been conditioned to do so. I'm not saying it's "natural" or universal though. RL people are complicated, so any black or white, us vs. them categorization is going to fall short.

Removing Gorean RP or even trying to denigrate it, will not make women stand up for themselves and refuse to take submissive roles in society. Mocking it a bit might make it seem less romantic though. 😉

Not forgetting, that perhaps a high percentage of those who are / were roleplaying as Gorean "women" were "Real Life men"!

So..if that is and was always the case, perhaps part of the missing "secret sauce" is, less men are interested in RP as Gore women! (Instead, they spend their time and L$ shopping for different women's Mesh bodies, heads, clothing etc.)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'll disagree with that to a point and say that for the smarter women it is known that men are easier to control and somewhat dominate by appearing to be submissive.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:
35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

See you at the next "Hot Topic!"

(See what I did there? It's like a mall reference!)

Which might even lead into a discussion of SL vampire RP. 😆 

Did not know that "Hot Topic" + "Vampires" was a thing.  Google informed me!

(I thought it was just Goth stuff but, apparently HT sells a lot of "Vampire Diaries" items. Perhaps "Vampire Diaries" had some connection to HT in the series..)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Personally: My issue with Goreans was, they did not accept Furries or want to see Furries at their gatherings.

Since this is Second Life, there were two possibilities:

1) Goreans wanted to be "true to their RP" - and there were no Furries in the Gor books, or

2) They wanted an excuse to be a private "boys only he-man women haters club".  That's hard with Furries around.

As much as I despise the whole Gor thing, to be fair, I've had more "woman hating" from Gay Male Furries, than from Goreans, the Goreans just want me to kneel and pretend to be their sex-slave.

The GMF's who've gotten nasty in the past objected to my being human and female, one regular fursona troll at one place I used to visit, made a regular habit of claiming that the ONLY reason to wear a human female avatar was if you were a GMF being punished by his "Leather Daddy", and would actively attempt to drive new female human avatars out of SL.

I've also seen way too many GMF profiles that state they are sub to Gay Leather daddies, but will attempt to dominate any females, despite identifying as gay males, because "females are naturally inferior to males".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Personally: My issue with Goreans was, they did not accept Furries or want to see Furries at their gatherings.

Since this is Second Life, there were two possibilities:

1) Goreans wanted to be "true to their RP" - and there were no Furries in the Gor books, or

2) They wanted an excuse to be a private "boys only he-man women haters club".  That's hard with Furries around.

I think both propositions are true.

Furries were never part of the books.

If furries wanted to do Gorean RP, they had to create their own sims for it, just as some people created female dominated "Gorean" sims or gay "Gorean" sims. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I'll disagree with that to a point and say that for the smarter women it is known that men are easier to control and somewhat dominate by appearing to be submissive.

It might be even smarter to see relationships as non-competitive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How nice, "killing" a statement by disagreeing with it.  Cool!

I am NOT putting words in anyone's mouth, but I personally believe that when someone explains this point of view WITHOUT saying "this is wrong, Second Life should be accepting, who says Furries can't roleplay, etc.." - it means they agree with the sentiment that Gore should be "exclusive". 

I personally believe - that Furries are their own subculture that should be accepted everywhere.

I had also heard "back in the day" that gays weren't all that accepted in Gore.

If only there could have been a Furry Gor in SL .. oh wait! It has! Furry Gor was totally a thing.

What happened to Furry Gor ..  no one played and the owners did something else with their land, turns out .. the fun part of Gor for the furry community was trolling "Goreans" in their own home and crying about it.

Fursecution is not a thing.

(I am a multi international convention badge carrying member of the fandom. The furry population is overwhelmingly gay male orientated which makes conventions as a girl somewhat fraught .. either getting hate, ignored, or groped .. because what even are boundaries).

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Not forgetting, that perhaps a high percentage of those who are / were roleplaying as Gorean "women" were "Real Life men"!

No Love, That's not actually the case either.

Gor is almost entirely run by women for women. But no one listens to women ...

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

On all fours and properly leashed could be ok. :)

Every single furry con I have ever been to.

Every. Single. One.

Room parties are wild.

• Like 3

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

One of these days, there will be a "Star Trek / Star Wars" cross-over in official canon, so then people won't be able to use the "no stormtroopers in Start Trek" example!

Slightly OT, there's a Star Trek: Brave New Worlds and Star Trek: Lower Decks crossover episode. Star Trek had some of the first " furries" in prime time TV, btw.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It might be even smarter to see relationships as non-competitive.

They would be if females stopped competing :)

are you implying I don't believe females engage in power dynamics too?

I didn't even know Gor and Gorean were the same thing.. I don't really know a lot about either of them or  it, or which ever it is.. hehehe

To each there own, whatever the big fuss has been, it must not have been big enough to hit my radar, so have at it.. Even if it did, Still have at it, I'm not anyone to say how someone should enjoy their SL.. Sure wouldn't want someone stomping on my yard.. hehehe

EAT: From what I remember, I thought Gor was like  where people liked eating each other  or something like that.. Shows how much I pay attention.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.