So, will there be a preview of the new 2048 theme at the SLB celebration?

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know I complained months and months ago in one of the speculation threads that no one ever gets "ranch" right.  I might have to take that back.  Going by some of the region names, maybe LL DID get "ranch" right.  I am looking forward to seeing a reveal if they do choose to show us during SLB20.  

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
spelling
  • Like 8

On the subject of cows and ranches, the Bellisseria Covenant restricts breedable/feedable pets to two. Are animesh animals, that do not breed or feed, restricted too? If so, then we could only keep two animals per ranch. If the animals stand still and do not wander around, I believe that lowers the script usage, though I am no expert.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Anthony Marques said:

On the subject of cows and ranches, the Bellisseria Covenant restricts breedable/feedable pets to two. Are animesh animals, that do not breed or feed, restricted too? If so, then we could only keep two animals per ranch. If the animals stand still and do not wander around, I believe that lowers the script usage, though I am no expert.

The rule is only about breedables and similar scripted farm systems. The rule is not based on whether something looks like an animal or not. A breedable cube would count under the breedables rule. An animated decor cat does not. That said, animesh is high land impact, so that will restrict how many you can place. It'd be prudent to do the herd of cows with static animals, so you can have a decent number.

In theory, you might place enough of anything scripted to cause issues, but it's fairly unlikely. Someone decorating to look nice will limit how many of one thing they put out. The difference with breedables is people try to stuff as many as possible into the available land impact. We didn't have the rule until people started filling homes with breedable horses. You're just not going to do that with decor animals. I love decor pets and have lots out, but it's peanuts compared to the horse houses.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

If LL had a "summer sale" on Premium Plus, it could attract more people who like the new houses. Maybe they are like me, they consider it, but still think it is costly. We could get a discount when we pay for P+ , maybe out July? Then the price jump back up.

I still think LL set the price too high for those who are not interested in more animesh attachments or whatever perks there are. Were I a merchant, the upload cost would tip the scales so I could be interested. Own a Homestead without a region first, was a nice surprise.

When I do not need hundreds of groups, free uploads or a Homestead, P+ is all about the house.

I have seen images of ranch-style houses and I think they look attractive. They have broad appeal.

Soon.... 🤞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2023 at 11:14 AM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I know I complained months and months ago in one of the speculation threads that no one ever gets "ranch" right.  I might have to take that back.  Going by some of the region names, maybe LL DID get "ranch" right.  I am looking forward to seeing a reveal if they do choose to show us during SLB20.  

These definitions of "Ranch-style houses" did not meet my expectations whatsoever!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranch-style_house

It appears based on my poor Googling skills, that all this time I was thinking of "Dogtrot houses"!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogtrot_house

ETA: I really don't think the term I grew up with was "Dogtrot".  Maybe "Dog run"?  No clue.

Anyway, the "run" between the two sides of the house provided a lot of benefits.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4

I'm thinking (hoping) more farm house type of builds, not necessarily one level ranch homes that were popular in the 60's, 70's.  Some of them remind me too much of Newbrookes :(  Or....converted barns, that would be cool :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

These definitions of "Ranch-style houses" did not meet my expectations whatsoever!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranch-style_house

That's what I think of when I imagine a "ranch-style" house. That's the kind of house I'm most familiar with, and it's not uncommon for homes in farm areas here, with orchards and vineyards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I'm thinking (hoping) more farm house type of builds, not necessarily one level ranch homes that were popular in the 60's, 70's.  Some of them remind me too much of Newbrookes :(  Or....converted barns, that would be cool :)

It's looking rustic, judging by the giant wagon wheel here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/WelcomeHubLindenHomes/128/128/2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The "Ranch" style house is very common where I live (in California). The yards are usually nice/normal yards and not a "ranch" per sae. Most of the houses are in nice residential neighborhoods. They are single story, usually wooden builds and slanted roofs. They typically have large living rooms and a very comfortable practical room layout. They don't usually have cellars but usually do have a small attic or sometimes just a crawl space under the slanted roof. Many ranch homes have fireplaces in the living room, but not all of them. Usually the front yard is un-fenced and the back yard is fenced.

I dont know if LL will do what I know as a "ranch house" for a theme. But if they do, I suspect I will like it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.