A Suggestion on Improving Mainland

Annie Evergreen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That's the (lack of a) problem then. Governance is unlikely to uproot a store just because it has some adult animations in it's furniture.

This has been the case when you have a store that sells furniture or vehicles that are otherwise not Adult content... they just happen to have an adult animation. They do NOT typically put up ads in their store displaying nude avatars doing it on their furniture.

This is not the case here. The sole purpose here is to sell adult content and there are big photos of naked avatars doing it... in public view from other parcels, not even "behind closed doors".

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

I don't always like builds that some people have on mainland parcels (sometimes including my own neighbors' builds) but I still strongly feel that mainland should be left covenant free in terms of builds and usage of parcels (within TOS).

For some of the major private estates, their covenants are not that much more lenient than the Bellisseria covenant. Of the ones I looked at a few days ago, most had restrictions about height of buildings, restrictions about skybox allowable heights, for residential land they had restrictions regarding scripted pets, breedables, or farming; many had limits regarding script usage and number of visitors.  Some allowed orbs but not ban lines, some allowed either or both.  

For those not able to rent or buy an entire homestead or region, mainland might be the only place where one can experiment around with things, have a tall house or a castle, have a farm, not have to remember to be sure to turn off wandering pets before logging out, and so forth, without having to worry about being out of compliance with a land covenant.

I don't do wildly outrageous builds or high script usage activities on my mainland parcel, but I do appreciate the freedom of not having to worry about land covenant compliance.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Is the store in search?  That's the main criteria for needing to have adult items on Adult land. 

It is always the case that Governance decides. the Adult Content FAQ says

Adult activities cannot be advertised or publicly promoted on Moderate land. Such activity must occur privately, behind closed doors

About search, it says

Advertising for SL search using adult words clearly requires being on Adult land.

If it turns out that Governance allows an Adult business to  display hardcore adult content in public in a Moderate region, adjacent to a protected waterway, because they are not in search (don't know if they are or are not).... that would be a major loophole.

I might start such an adult business myself :)

3 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

It is always the case that Governance decides. the Adult Content FAQ says

About search, it says

If it turns out that Governance allows an Adult business to  display hardcore adult content in public in a Moderate region, adjacent to a protected waterway, because they are not in search (don't know if they are or are not).... that would be a major loophole.

I might start such an adult business myself :)

And there's where we run into the slippery slope.  If the business did have everything "behind closed doors" and parcel visibility off, and was NOT advertising, would it be allowed?    Adult furniture and Slex are allowed in Belli so...

You could probably find out if the business was in search easily enough and include that in the AR.  That would be 3 strikes against what isn't allowed.

I ARed a sex club that DID advertise but it was on General so it was gone within a week.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I ARed a sex club that DID advertise but it was on General so it was gone within a week.

I had a similar experience on Moderate. The sex club was in a skybox and advertising but otherwise behind closed doors. They called attention to themselves due to the lag they generated.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 1:55 PM, diamond Marchant said:

Something strange is happening with Governance and I don't know if it is a change in policy or just a backlog situation. An obvious-no-doubt-about-it sex store is operation on a Mainland M region.

Apparently Governance is backlogged, as the situation has been addressed.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2023 at 10:14 PM, diamond Marchant said:

this, with photos of avatars using the products... in public view from a protected waterway

as tommy linden says in public, maybe send him a message directly on here on inworld

for the benefit of those who constantly post incorrect information, tommy Linden has stated publicly several times that people can message him directly if abuse reports haven't been answered after a few days.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, belindacarson said:

tommy Linden has stated publicly several times that people can message him directly if abuse reports haven't been answered after a few days

I will take your word for it.

I did a search (using "abuse") of all @Tommy Linden forum posts that are available (since 1/3/2017) and in addition to encouraging people to file abuse reports, on 9/21/2021 he posted here "you can always message me if you have a question about how to file an Abuse Report". He has also posted that he cannot comment on abuse reports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

You can absoluately message me, but there are limitations to what I am able to both say and do. If you message me to let me know you feel like an Abuse Report hasn't been reviewed (I don't like to use the word answered, because that gives the impression the team will reach out to you about it, that isn't going to happen). I am always happy to check in with my team on the status of a report, but I can't share that information with you. This doesn't suddenly bump your report up in priority though, it just means I checked on it. If you message me to tell me you are experiencing an issue, I am going to let you know you need to file an Abuse Report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

On 8/24/2023 at 5:19 PM, diamond Marchant said:

I will take your word for it.

I did a search (using "abuse") of all @Tommy Linden forum posts that are available (since 1/3/2017) and in addition to encouraging people to file abuse reports, on 9/21/2021 he posted here "you can always message me if you have a question about how to file an Abuse Report". He has also posted that he cannot comment on abuse reports.

So, you COULD message him but it's not going to expedite your ticket nor is it in place.of a ticket.  He won't tell you anything about the status of the ticket nor prioritize it.  Basically, you'd just be messaging him to say Hi.  😁

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.