Heads Up (lol) - free AK head

Rick Nightingale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

Akeruka Heads [AK] are giving a free (well, L$1 it seems) unisex head away for the next 15 days... need to be in their group.

Snapshot_2414a.thumb.png.6c67d733276ca55459a9313cc5aba92b.png

OooooOoooOoooOoOOoOoOoO!!!! That one's cute! Thanks for the heads up! (hurr hurr) *runs to login*

• Like 4

Note: Lelutka also has their new unisex head - Zo - and one of their previous unisex heads - River - on sale for June. I think Lelutka's Lake head is also considered unisex too.

I wear River as a female head and love it. River and Lake come with a male and female version. I assume Evo might too, so it will fit on either male or female mesh bodies.

• Like 4

Just tried on the Pride head. It's sooooo cute. I like it so much more than Zo. The nose is too adorable and boopable. I wore it with my Lel Raven shape and was fine as-is, but I should probably make a new one anyway. I'll get around to that at some point. This head *might* be enough for me to actually wear a human outside of the photo studio (sometimes...partially...maybe).

AHH, the nose! 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Love this head. First time I've worn anything other than Lelutka in ages. The only thing is I'm having trouble keeping the eyes focused straight ahead. Good thing I have the Axis Hud to fix that in photos!

I agree about the eyes issue.  They seem okay, and then they seem to flick to another size with a sized stare.  I had to give up on the head for regular wear.

5 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Love this head. First time I've worn anything other than Lelutka in ages. The only thing is I'm having trouble keeping the eyes focused straight ahead. Good thing I have the Axis Hud to fix that in photos!

Girls On Film

As an user of loads of Akeruka heads, it has it quirks: First off, always reset skeleton when you have put on the head, but that is a bit common action taken with each time you swap from head to head, even in the same brand.

Secondary: to keep your eyes fixed or not following your cursor while taking pics, there are mood settings for the eyes in the animation tab of the hud, see picture. Also, only use the full face mocap with with neck and auto activated.

Third: possible clipping issues eyelids with the rigged eyes: edit shape, tab eyes, set depth of eyes between 20 & 25, set pluffiness between 90 & 100.

Hud Akeruka.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

As an user of loads of Akeruka heads, it has it quirks: First off, always reset skeleton when you have put on the head, but that is a bit common action taken with each time you swap from head to head, even in the same brand.

Secondary: to keep your eyes fixed or not following your cursor while taking pics, there are mood settings for the eyes in the animation tab of the hud, see picture. Also, only use the full face mocap with with neck and auto activated.

Third: possible clipping issues eyelids with the rigged eyes: edit shape, tab eyes, set depth of eyes between 20 & 25, set pluffiness between 90 & 100.

Hud Akeruka.png

Thank you! I missed that tab when looking through the HUD!

I'll try the other tips too. Great advice.

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I want to try other heads because it is one thing I don't like with Lake, the eyelids. So far, I found no one.

Lake has a bit of strongness and it is a longer head than most female ones. Maybe I should try the unisex head.

I've been wearing (mostly) Lake for a good year or so, I agree about the stronger appearance. This AK head is somewhat similar, more angular. I do prefer heads that are less typically feminine. Also why I liked the Genus Strong Face but well we know that has it's problems now. The AK is a good choice and since I can use EvoX on it, I think I'm going to keep playing with it for a while. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 2:40 AM, StrykerHawk said:

i got the Lelutka Quinn head at xmas and all the free stuff I could get my my little hands on.  Didnt have to pay to join a group either.

You had to join the Lelutka group and any of the store groups for gifts. AK puts out two heads a year, compatible with EvoX skins and cosmetics. $L150 is nothing. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.