Will land tier be charged from non-premium residents if they are set as another owner of a mainland-owned group?

MeshPromo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings everyone, I have this question and I hope someone helps me with this.

One of my friends, a scripter, is helping me to create a unique parcel security system.

To test it she needs to be an owner of a land. But she isn't owning a land at this time.

I have a mainland parcel, which a group owns and I'm the only group owner.

I can add her as another group owner so she can do her tests as a landowner.

She isn't a premium member.

My problem is will she get billed for mainland parcel fees if I add her to the group as an owner?

Thanks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MeshPromo said:

Greetings everyone, I have this question and I hope someone helps me with this.

One of my friends, a scripter, is helping me to create a unique parcel security system.

To test it she needs to be an owner of a land. But she isn't owning a land at this time.

I have a mainland parcel, which a group owns and I'm the only group owner.

I can add her as another group owner so she can do her tests as a landowner.

She isn't a premium member.

My problem is will she get billed for mainland parcel fees if I add her to the group as an owner?

Thanks.

when you make a group member, you can set all possible abillities to the other as you please.
the other one, as can't set a landdonation, will not be billed for landowning.

• Thanks 1

As someone that has occupied group owned mainland for almost the whole of my time in SL other than paying a rent box I have never faced any other fees. Your friend won't get billed they just need a group role where you can give them all the rights they'd have if they owned the land 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

Remember, when a group owns land the group is literally the owner, not you. You can make them a member of the group and give them permissions within the group for group owned land. The scripter would just need to deed the object they are creating to the same group and the land will see those as belonging to the owner. Deeding objects to a group also sets next owner permissions, so be careful to make sure those are set so you can still modify them or take them back as a scripter.

What you do not need to do (and I usually advise against) is making them a co-owner of the group itself. This gives them ALL the powers within the group, including the ability to set group owned land for sale to themselves, to someone else, or abandoning it. I'm all for trusting friends and all, but... you know. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for all your replies. And great to see Mods also replying.

As per all your answers, I set a sub role as Scripter and enabled "Deed objects to group" and a few other Abilities that she'll need. I hope this will work.

d653eb56c632768a9c0065800421a44f.png

• Like 1

You can make a non-premium account holder a member of a land group and even give them co-ownership.

But if you sell that land out of that group, that member will not get a part of it; the proceeds will distribute only to premium members. Even premium members who have not put in tier will get their portion, but not non-premium members. I don't know if the Lindens realize that or did it on purpose but it's a fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

You can make a non-premium account holder a member of a land group and even give them co-ownership.

But if you sell that land out of that group, that member will not get a part of it; the proceeds will distribute only to premium members. Even premium members who have not put in tier will get their portion, but not non-premium members. I don't know if the Lindens realize that or did it on purpose but it's a fact.

I had no idea this was the case. Now I wonder if other payments to the group also only go to premium members. I just bought a prim off my group, so maybe tomorrow we'll see which alts get a cut. (Hmm, first I gotta make sure a non-Premium alt has a Role like that, one that could pay in for Search listing fees, etc.)

58 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I had no idea this was the case. Now I wonder if other payments to the group also only go to premium members. I just bought a prim off my group, so maybe tomorrow we'll see which alts get a cut. (Hmm, first I gotta make sure a non-Premium alt has a Role like that, one that could pay in for Search listing fees, etc.)

I thought it was dependent on roll abilities and not.premium status.  Might have to check.that myself.

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I think it only applies to land. I just saw it happen yet again. It's not about roles.

• Thanks 2

My tangential test is complete and indeed a group's non-Premium members get a cut of non-land sale proceeds as long as they're in roles (such as Owner) that include the "Accounting" ability to "Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends".

It's interesting that the land sale proceeds are treated differently, and kind of weirdly correctly. As @Prokofy Neva says, it's hard to tell whether "the Lindens realize that or did it on purpose" but it's cool.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 4:24 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

On 3/30/2023 at 4:38 PM, Qie Niangao said:

I had no idea this was the case. 

It isn't. My group just sold land. There are two accounts that can receive money from land sales by the group - one premium and one not. Both accounts got their share of the money.

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

It isn't. My group just sold land. There are two accounts that can receive money from land sales by the group - one premium and one not. Both accounts got their share of the money.

I had the opposite experience. The member who is an owner but premium did not get their share. So something's wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 4:24 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

My alt is co-owner in my land group and she is basic. Whenever I sell group land, she gets half. Then I have to log her in to send the money to me

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a word for clarification

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

My alt is co-owner in my land group and she is basic. Whenever I sell group land, she gets half. Then I have to log her in to send the money to me

thats easy to avoid, don't allow group liabilities/divendends

Edited by Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.