PPLH pipe dream?

Allyn Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

56 minutes ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

decorating with 351 prims is impossible to use good furniture without the rest of house being bare.

If anyone thinks decorating with 351 prims and some to spare is impossible they are welcome to look round my place in Cathcarts Fumble I use the largest floor plan Newbrooke bungalow Coniston and it's crammed maybe a little too full of stuff inside and out, definitely wouldn't call it bare inside

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

I just want 2048 homes because decorating with 351 prims is impossible to use good furniture without the rest of house being bare.

If the LI limit is not adequate for how you like to decorate, then a Linden Home may not be your best choice. 

You are going to get a lot of push back on your claim that decorating with 351 prims is impossible.  This linked thread is full of examples to the contrary:

I'm not going to claim that it is easy.  It is definitely challenging, but some of us actually like that.  You are welcome to visit any of my homes, none of which feels bare or empty, and all of which are decorated with quality items, personal tastes notwithstanding.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hardtack/225/114/22

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brichester/16/232/54

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Visser/233/213/26

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

You are right about decorating, it is possible to make great looking homes. But not without sacrifices.

What do I mean about sacrifices, it is not blood sacrifice, but annoyance of taking back what I wanted to use and place out a lower Li alternative.

I have lots about 1 Li Apple Fall decor, but I can't use Nutmeg. Well, I have 2 Nutmeg decor pieces now. I have splurged on 6 dinner chairs, 3 Li each. I can take them back and rez 2 chairs that's 2 Li each. But instead I cut back Li another place. I wanted another bed, I took it back and use a lower Li bed. It was that bed ot the dining chairs.

I repeat things like the Truss console from Apple Fall in almost all homes, because so many console tables are 2 or 3 Li. I use the same What Next curtains because they are 1 Li.

I do not want empty space, I have to make do with as low impact things as I can find. I repeat the same flowers in the garden, because I can link 2 groups, and that makes 1 Li, and so on, and so on. I can not use 3 or 4 Li group flowers. I have two groups of Konoha Agapanthus now. That's all the Li bugdet allows of more than 1 Li plants.

Sure, I can use higher Li, but that means some other place is emptier, and I try to balance, so not one part is decorated and another empty.

And I link the hell out if everything. But soon I hit a limit where I can't link more, the Li is rising instead.

I needed a break and rented double prim land. It was wonderful to not think about Li all the time. But I let it go when I found out that it cost too much. It was more fun to go back to a Linden Home after such a break. I even found new sofas that I had not used before, and some more low Li things. Great to have some variation. Now I borrow a house, haha.

Even with 702 Li, I will run out of Li. 702 Li will feel wonderful, but I will come to that point where I take up things and replace them with other, lower Li. But 702 Li is going to help a lot, I can be a bit more free with things.

It is never enough Li, if I shall use just what I want.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

You are right about decorating, it is possible to make great looking homes. But not without sacrifices.

What do I mean about sacrifices, it is not blood sacrifice, but annoyance of taking back what I wanted to use and place out a lower Li alternative.

I have lots about 1 Li Apple Fall decor, but I can't use Nutmeg. Well, I have 2 Nutmeg decor pieces now. I have splurged on 6 dinner chairs, 3 Li each. I can take them back and rez 2 chairs that's 2 Li each. But instead I cut back Li another place. I wanted another bed, I took it back and use a lower Li bed. It was that bed ot the dining chairs.

I repeat things like the Truss console from Apple Fall in almost all homes, because so many console tables are 2 or 3 Li. I use the same What Next curtains because they are 1 Li.

I do not want empty space, I have to make do with as low impact things as I can find. I repeat the same flowers in the garden, because I can link 2 groups, and that makes 1 Li, and so on, and so on. I can not use 3 or 4 Li group flowers. I have two groups of Konoha Agapanthus now. That's all the Li bugdet allows of more than 1 Li plants.

Sure, I can use higher Li, but that means some other place is emptier, and I try to balance, so not one part is decorated and another empty.

And I link the hell out if everything. But soon I hit a limit where I can't link more, the Li is rising instead.

I needed a break and rented double prim land. It was wonderful to not think about Li all the time. But I let it go when I found out that it cost too much. It was more fun to go back to a Linden Home after such a break. I even found new sofas that I had not used before, and some more low Li things. Great to have some variation. Now I borrow a house, haha.

Even with 702 Li, I will run out of Li. 702 Li will feel wonderful, but I will come to that point where I take up things and replace them with other, lower Li. But 702 Li is going to help a lot, I can be a bit more free with things.

It is never enough Li, if I shall use just what I want.

I did state that it wasn't easy.  Yes, there are definitely sacrifices that must be made, and it absolutely is not possible to treat your Linden Home as a Nutmeg showroom.  Changing one item to a lower LI alternative so you can use another item that fits the space and design so well is part of the challenge, but don't you need a reason to shop more?  

I can totally sympathize with re-reusing items in multiple builds that are of reasonable quality but have low LI, though I do try to limit that.

I'm glad you got to experience a more generous LI allowance, even if briefly.  I think everyone should splurge and do that once, just to see what you can do when LI isn't a consideration.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

I just want 2048 homes because decorating with 351 prims is impossible to use good furniture without the rest of house being bare.

Sure, if you want to use one of the largest models and want to place furniture with no thought given to how munch land impact you are using up. Quality is determined by a lot of things, for example, whether or not the mesh shape is realistic, and the realism of the texturing. There are some creators in SL that can do very realistic items with very low land impact. For example, Trompe L'oeil. And the upcoming Kustom9 event features a bookcase from Kraftwork that is full of decor items but is only 4LI. Yes, there are trade offs in these cases. It's likely either all or nothing with the bookcase decor, and while Trompe's kitchens and plants are removable (and I've used them many times in Linden Homes),  some features of the homes (like pools) are combined with architectural elements on a single mesh to reduce the LI.

There are plenty of examples here of really nice decor in Linden Homes: Parade of Homes Listing

Edited by Trinity Blakewell
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

Day 239486270951 of waiting for Premium Plus linden homes. 
-sigh-

Be a glass-half-full person.... on the bright side, you've had a the option for a Linden Home on Bellisseria for nearly 1500 days.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

Day 239486270951 of waiting for Premium Plus linden homes. 
-sigh-

Wow.  I knew that SLs appeal covers the Baby Boomers, but you have been waiting for Premium Plus homes for over 656 million years?  Since that predates SL by a fair amount, that must mean you can see the future...so can't you tell us when the new homes will be released?

And what was it like watching life evolve?  Did you get to hang out with any cool dinosaurs?  

One thing we have learned is that patience clearly does not come with age.  

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

Be a glass-half-full person.... on the bright side, you've had a the option for a Linden Home on Bellisseria for nearly 1500 days.

3 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Wow.  I knew that SLs appeal covers the Baby Boomers, but you have been waiting for Premium Plus homes for over 656 million years?  Since that predates SL by a fair amount, that must mean you can see the future...so can't you tell us when the new homes will be released?

And what was it like watching life evolve?  Did you get to hang out with any cool dinosaurs?  

One thing we have learned is that patience clearly does not come with age.  

Do you guys not know what sarcasm is? O.o

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.