Fantassaria Survey?

Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/20/2023 at 12:43 AM, diamond Marchant said:

It seems ridiculous that waterways crisscross the subcontinent yet there is no rezzable water on parcel, hence no permanent boats in the water. Combined with fact that the entire subcontinent is a cul-de-sac, having only one entrance (with obstacles), those interested in boating (both dock candy owners and serious sailors) will go elsewhere.

There are rez zones all over for those waterways and they didn't design those regions to have water access for every home, it's fantasy marshlands. For water access at home, choose a stilt home or houseboat. Also, I'm a sailor and I love that storm section and wish it was bigger. It's an experience you don't get anywhere in SL and it's over too quickly when sailing thru, and those obstacles aren't a problem if you can get a frigate thru there without taking any damage.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
On 2/23/2023 at 3:06 PM, Nika Talaj said:

It might save LL some heartache if they were to invite a few discrete residents to "preview" a new theme (under NDA, of course) before they commit to build a whole LOT of it.

How do you know that we do not?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

Sometimes certain people make for a bad focus group, such as people that will only give you positive feedback. You need feedback from hardcore users of the product but with very diverse tastes & opinions.

Either way WHEN things go downhill still won't be able to talk about anything anyways. Just be more jaded. 

8 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:
57 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

because people are bad at keeping secrets and the occasional "leak" would also be a very valuable data point :P

true i'd like to see how long before she insists disclosure

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

Sometimes certain people make for a bad focus group, such as people that will only give you positive feedback. You need feedback from hardcore users of the product but with very diverse tastes & opinions.

We see and hear your feedback.  It is impossible for us to react or answer all of it.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

*chuckles* Indeed, I should not have assumed!

But ... *looks over thread and quirks an eyebrow at you* ... the uniformity of opinion about the houses seems indicative that something about the house design process led you astray.  Or perhaps, something in the design constraints?

I would not care to share such a negative opinion of an LL home design if Fantasseria landscaping were not so beguiling.  I would just love to have a home there.   This case is unique in that I really LOVE the theme, but I don't see any home options that seem in tune with it.

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

You need feedback from hardcore users of the product but with very diverse tastes & opinions.

Reminds me of a medical instrumentation company I worked for.  We didn't want to pay a market research firm to run focus groups on a new UI concept, so we did it ourselves, choosing from our long-time bunch of "alpha testers".  But we didn't learn anything worth knowing.  Reviewing footage, we realized that all these people were sort of acquainted with each other from years of user group meetings, and when brought together, their knowledge of each other's status and reputations led to group dynamics that suppressed diverse opinions.  We weren't running a focus group, we had created an ad-hoc design team. D'oh!

• Like 4

• Administrators

The thing everyone needs to keep in perspective is, empty homes/regions is not a sign of unpopularity.   We did big launches on those particular themes to propel INVENTORY.   When we pull the plug on the V1 Linden Homes, which is still coming and going to happen, we will need the home inventory to accommodate for the people who will eventually be displaced from those homes.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

The thing everyone needs to keep in perspective is, empty homes/regions is not a sign of unpopularity.   We did big launches on those particular themes to propel INVENTORY.   When we pull the plug on the V1 Linden Homes, which is still coming and going to happen, we will need the home inventory to accommodate for the people who will eventually be displaced from those homes.  

This will do the trick for the extra space, I forget about the v1 home owners. Hopes future plans involve shopping and more town style creativity the residents can participate like mini SLB. micro level. 

16 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I hope we're still around to see the V3 and V4 homes, too! By then, we'll have Cyber-Moles!

• Haha 2

On 2/20/2023 at 12:31 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

Has Linden Lab surveyed Premium members to find out why they don't like the Fantassaria Homes or regions? I've heard a few ideas on the forum, but since this is the least popular home style in Bellesseria, it seems to me LL needs accurate feedback on them.

Is it that people think the houses are too big? Too boring? Do they want more unusual styles? More textures? More colors? Open floor plans?

Is the region too weird looking? Not weird enough looking? Too boring? Too overwhelming? Do the regions need more monsters and fantastic creatures?

Do the regions need more public spaces? Wider waterways? More private boat rezzing? Better access to the rest of the SL world?

Are the monster sounds too disturbing? Should there be more bird song? Should there be cat sounds? (witches seem to like cats, right?)

What do you like or dislike about these regions?

Personally, I think more external house textures would be a fairly easy fix - some ivy, moss or rose vine covered & some gingerbread house textures.

I expected a lot more different genres. To me it all seems like "fairy style" landscaping, and build.  I personally like the divers themes Contraption has used with event builds. I think they have been a big influence to the fantasy community in SL

Edited by Dita Demonista
  • Like 1

• Moles

I remember when people were saying they wanted apartment buildings. "Oh yeah! That'd be so cool!" So we built some on April 1st.

The conversation usually went like....
Them: "Wow. This is so cool. I can see it from the next region."
Us: "Would you want to live in one?"
Them: "Oh god no."
😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

The thing everyone needs to keep in perspective is, empty homes/regions is not a sign of unpopularity.   We did big launches on those particular themes to propel INVENTORY.

It is obvious that residents have preferences concerning Linden Homes.

It is reasonable that Linden Lab is stockpiling Linden Homes in anticipation of migrating 14,000+ first generation Linden Homes to Bellisseria.

This begs the question, why not stockpile more of the popular homes and less of the unpopular homes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I remember when people were saying they wanted apartment buildings. "Oh yeah! That'd be so cool!" So we built some on April 1st.

😆

If we could have volumetric enclosures for local chat ... 

Prim owned by land owner.. property to set it as a enclosed chat space .. server does magic .. 

We could use this for regular builds.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Prim owned by land owner.. property to set it as a enclosed chat space .. server does magic .. 

We could use this for regular builds.

Would actually be kind of doable with RLV, but I dunno the overlap of 'people who would be ok with RLV' and 'people who would want to live in an SL appartment'.

Edited by Quistess Alpha

Were these apartments stacked atop of one another, so that people were living in the same parcel?   I never saw the April fools day apartments, but would love to see some sort of urban development that resembled a city,  apartments building living appeals to my taste as well as having a place downtown.  The way I envision such apartments would be more or less faux buildings with apartments set at various floors depending on what the premium member decided upon.  No sharing parcels, just an illusion of a thriving city where members had the option of living in an urban environment where there is no yard with the possible exception of having a roof to decorate.

Various themes could be used, such as slum cities, cyberpunk, whatever.  It would be a drastic departure from the existing themes, and I haven't a clue how well received it would be by most members.  

Sorry for going off topic, I just saw the thread mention apartments and I kind of went with it 😋

9 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Would actually be kind of doable with RLV, but I dunno the overlap of 'people who would be ok with RLV' and 'people who would want to live in an SL appartment'.

I think there is very much a builders use case for volumetric parcel options .. might have to write that up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

😆

We can have "the projects" in SL! A place for the other-financially-abled to live.

I joke but am serious, there's a lot of discussion about "places for non-Premium members to live".

32 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

Wow, so there is almost 15 thousand people on the 1st Gen Homes.

I'm just glad I'm not the one evicting them 🤣  I wonder if there will be little notes attached to their doors, with a notice to vacate the premises by a certain date.  Perhaps have little bulldozers randomly placed around people's homes 😜

We could stage little protests, and have a lot of fun with it.  It could be an absolute wild time, and even if there is not a clock tower, we will have to have someone there handing out pamphlets to save one

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.