Marketplace issues (Feb 14 around 2pm SL time)

Andred Darwin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

They're trying to work.on the car while it's still driving down the road...we're lucky it's even running at all right now.

If that IS so, and it certainly seems like it, that rather suggests someone is using a hammer to tighten a bolt.

Edited by Aishagain

One thing for sure, with this new search, you can REALLY see how badly some sellers junk up their keywords with garbage making searching for stuff painful at best. 

When someone is selling a dog and they have these keywords, no wonder everything is going to hell and relevance is complete trash. 

animal,gift,free,dog,cat,bird,bully,toy,snake,pig,horse,companion,follows,animated,bento,jinx,jian,phoenix,pup,wander,animesh,giraffe,deer,unicorn,parot,bull,fox,bear,poodle,bb,monkey,rezz room,wolf

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Butch Daddy said:

One thing for sure, with this new search, you can REALLY see how badly some sellers junk up their keywords with garbage making searching for stuff painful at best. 

When someone is selling a dog and they have these keywords, no wonder everything is going to hell and relevance is complete trash. 

animal,gift,free,dog,cat,bird,bully,toy,snake,pig,horse,companion,follows,animated,bento,jinx,jian,phoenix,pup,wander,animesh,giraffe,deer,unicorn,parot,bull,fox,bear,poodle,bb,monkey,rezz room,wolf

Aren't we encouraged to report those for "Keyword Spam"?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

They're trying to work.on the car while it's still driving down the road...we're lucky it's even running at all right now.

I had a previous car that was designed to run on half the cylinders if it's computer detected a problem. My current car has a "limp mode" where it goes very slow if it detects problems. So, great analogy!

• Haha 1

We absolutely have to slam them with tickets, and Jira posts. The damage this has caused to my business is astronomical.

On average on any given day, weekends being the busiest my daisy MP Transactions are from 200 to 300 Transactions. ( Not Lindens). I wont give the L$ amount, But i`m sure you catch the gest of it.

Yesterday  -  5  -  Sunday  - 7 - Saturday - 7 .  My sales are down according to my sales graphs, 96,7 % ! 

Seeing as 10% of that would normally go to LL they are not getting paid either, i fail to see, how this so called upgrade, is making things better.

At the rate i am loosing revenue will go from Making my RL living on SL, to having to abandon My region ,In the space of 1 month. That's Insanity!

EARINGS GRAPH.png

Edited by Lunachelsea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, Lunachelsea said:

We absolutely have to slam them with tickets, and Jira posts. The damage this has caused to my business is astronomical.

On average on any given day, weekends being the busiest my daisy MP Transactions are from 200 to 300 Transactions. ( Not Lindens). I wont give the L$ amount, But i`m sure you catch the gest of it.

Yesterday  -  5  -  Sunday  - 7 - Saturday - 7 .  My sales are down according to my sales graphs, 96,7 % ! 

Seeing as 10% of that would normally go to LL they are not getting paid either, i fail to see, how this so called upgrade, is making things better.

At the rate i am loosing revenue will go from Making my RL living on SL, to having to abandon My region ,In the space of 1 month. That's Insanity!

EARINGS GRAPH.png

This is exactly what I was worried about with this. Sad to see that this isn't a glitch but an """upgrade""". pfft.

42 minutes ago, Pit Banx said:

For me personally as a creator it makes no sense to create new products. If it stays that way, it would be a total business loss for me.

uhuh, totally agree. Its so discouraging. They wouldn't even show up in search anyway lol . I needed to buy some makeup tonight, I search Catwa eyeshadows and got bracelet's and necklaces. lol, I jus closed the page n said f** it. I pulled all my Subsciption ads i run as well. Jus no Point

Edited by Lunachelsea
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Since it appears that LL is taking the "just be patient while we bang on things" approach, they should suspend the MP 10% commission that they take until the MP is back to normal operations. Makes no sense for us to be paying for "service" when we aren't getting any and watching while sales drain away.

• Like 3

Lol, first I thought they made improvements regards the "relevance" search algorithm ... but then I was surprised to find out that "relevance" and "best selling" tab selection display my store items in exactly the same order. It looks like someone just inserted the same variables of "best selling" inside the "relevance" script by error. I wonder why it takes so long to find and fix the error. We merchants loosing revenue every day by this. :-((   

• Like 3

Many people mention this issue and feel angry and anxious. I would like you to report what stage the correction of the error is now. Also, I'd be curious to know what percentage of the fixes to the new search functionality have been completed.

• Like 1

okay, short time before we remember that SL had massive Problems with Sims/Regions after Update. No login and nothing over long time - they made fast a Rollback! Now we stand as Merchants here and say near 2 Weeks now: Linden, Please fix the last Update again cause it is not a good way for us as Merchants it kills our Sales!!! And? nothing .. I can't believe it .. realy I can't believe it

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yoofaloof Pacer said:

I feel for those who sell on the MP as a business. I'm losing half I used to make monthly and I only do it for fun and a little extra Linden.

Astronomical Losses here ,upper 6 digits. Its so scary to be honest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

I'm selling old sculpty products and early mesh products more than anything. If this isn't fixed, I'm going to take it as a sign from LL that they want cheap, low quality, high quantity products and stop making complex and high end builds.

Ironic you said that. The very few sales that manage to come through are all my old items

• Like 2

2 hours ago, platearmor said:

Many people mention this issue and feel angry and anxious. I would like you to report what stage the correction of the error is now. Also, I'd be curious to know what percentage of the fixes to the new search functionality have been completed.

This was response to my Jira Bug Fix report , the same generic response has been given on every report.

ETA.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lunachelsea said:

This was response to my Jira Bug Fix report , the same generic response has been given on every report.

ETA.png

I saw that too. They tell us to open JIRAs to report issues and then they are closed almost immediately (as "duplicate"). I count over 20 JIRAs opened since this began last week. Virtually all are closed. Feels like a door slamming in the face.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CherryChantal said:

Lol, first I thought they made improvements regards the "relevance" search algorithm ... but then I was surprised to find out that "relevance" and "best selling" tab selection display my store items in exactly the same order. It looks like someone just inserted the same variables of "best selling" inside the "relevance" script by error. I wonder why it takes so long to find and fix the error. We merchants loosing revenue every day by this. :-((   

I think they must be using Marketplace search for * bug fix,* lol 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.