Twitter Confusion

benchthis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, benchthis said:

I think this person is associating physical real life linden homes with second life?

In real life in the UK there is a big developer of new homes called Linden Homes there is a development of Linden Homes in the town I live in. If you are an active twitter user maybe reply to the tweet and clear up the confusion 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

In real life in the UK there is a big developer of new homes called Linden Homes there is a development of Linden Homes in the town I live in. If you are an active twitter user maybe reply to the tweet and clear up the confusion 

I once visited a RL fraternity in college, whose symbol was a Linden tree. Maybe 37 years ago. Them lindens get around.

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I'm not even a registered twitter user I only read. Strange I normally never search twitter for second life but my fingers did an auto search. Strange found it like few minutes after it was posted. oddness. I agree, maybe someone should clarify, poor person. Tweeting protest at the wrong person. 

Let them rant and carry-on on Twitter.  It's not like intelligent people go there to gather facts.  You will burn yourself out trying to correct everyone that is wrong on the Internet.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ardy Lay said:

Let them rant and carry-on on Twitter.  It's not like intelligent people go there to gather facts.  You will burn yourself out trying to correct everyone that is wrong on the Internet.

I'm so not offended by that right now lol jk, mostly like to see what stephen king is up to and elon and few games im manually following. I'm surprised non of the twitter users who are active mentioned anything to the person confusing the UK developers with Second Life. I guess they don't want that on their feed? No idea. 

Smells like trouble this person has few followers and starting to associate Second Life with a real life building developer with legal problems and is all bad. Who ever moderates the SL twitter socials might want to chime in to twitter and clear things up. Or not.

Annotation 2023-02-13 124609.png

Since the person has recently started involving Second Life into their fight, this might come across as a red flag to new second life users considering a premium virtual linden home. It's negative PR, even though the issue has nothing to do with Second Life. To someone with a 5 second attention span when they see that image associated with second life could turn people off to going premium. Sounds crazy. There's 1 tweet so far, will there be more directed at second life if not clarified? Highly likely. The followers are on the side of the person are going to see second life in a negative light that has nothing to do with second life. 

That kind of trouble. 

I'll do it just have to figure out a twitter name...

Edited by benchthis

Why would they need to do damage control? This was a single reply posted almost four years ago. Did you look at the date of the tweet? Pretty sure the boom in SL land sales between then and now shows few if anyone paid attention to it. They're not paying you so let Linden Lab worry about its own publicity. 

Edited by Zidaya Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.