Lelutka EvoX 3.1 Eyes not working

charlottedebussy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I picked up the free Lelutka EvoX head, which is gorgeous, but I cannot figure the eyes. Can someone help? What am I doing wrongly? Image attached.

https://gyazo.com/b21cb8c7c61cfe85ea2eb9dba348ed3c

Body is LucyBody with BOM applier. I've set the Lelutka head to BOM. Whatever combo of eyes/face/skin produces the same result. I've been banging my head against this all day :(

Thanks so much for any help.

Are you wearing the Lel Evo eyes that come in the head folder? With Lel Evo I always have the head, teeth, and eyes worn.

Then you add that alpha layer like you have (which hides the default system eyes) so that both the Lel Evo and system eyes are not showing together. Now you should see only the Lel eyes you're wearing and use the Eyes tab in the Lel HUD shown in your first picture and it should make the eyes as you choose. Also, smallest size I find is usually too small, and I often push them down one notch as well to get the centered vertically so that some of the pupil is hidden by both the top and botton lids.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, charlottedebussy said:

Thanks Saskia, when I try that I get this:

https://gyazo.com/697e10359d18c9a91bac1112cd3a67b4

I just don't get it, these are the eyes supplied with the head, surely they should just work?

First part: Decide first whether you want your eyes to be BOM or use appliers - this will be determined by which eyes you want to use. Third-party, in-HUD Lelutka shades, etc. That will determine whether or not you need the alpha at all. It looks like your eyes were set to BOM in the first photo, so no need for an alpha in that case.

Second part: did you adjust or alter your shape? Make a copy of it and paste it in the folder to preserve your current copy, then right-click your body to edit your appearance. Play with your eye tab - check the eye size, puffiness, eye bags, and eye depth. Play around and see if that helps "push" the eye mesh a bit more forward, It looks like something needs adjusting on that front. Let us know if that helps or not.

Edit: I can't remember if the HUD eye size controller actually increases the eye mesh size (I don't play with it much), but you can try playing with that, too.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Thanks 1

Hi Ayashe, I've set the eyes to BOM in the hud, and also added the little box thingy that says /EYES /lel EvoX 3.1 in the head folder. Is that what you mean? But I have changed the shape, I'll just go back to square one from scratch and see if that helps. Thanks x

Edited by charlottedebussy

I see the Bakes on Mesh is active in the first picture.

If Bakes on Mesh is activated, you get the empty eye socket when you wear the alpha layer.

If you want the system eyes to show, take off the alpha layer and when Bakes on Mesh is active, the system eyes should show.

If you will use one of the eye colors in the HUD, wear the alpha layer and click on one of the eye colors. This should turn off BoM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, charlottedebussy said:

So this is everything from the head folder that I'm using:

https://gyazo.com/86bc24ad980713e0928b5b897ff9bf78

The problem seems to be that both the system eyes *and* the lel eyes are being hidden by the alpha. Grr! LOOL Thanks so much for taking the time to help x

Which eyes do you want to use? The Lelutka in-HUD colors, or do you have third-party you want? 

Lelutka in-HUD eye shades - click on a color in the hud. It'll re-force the eyes back into applier mode. Keep on your Eye Alpha layer.

Third-party BOM eyes - take off your Eye Alpha layer and wear your BOM eyes (the ones with the googly-eye icon). Click Bakes on Mesh in the eye tab of your Lelutka HUD.

Once you get that set, I can walk you through the next part.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, charlottedebussy said:

@Ayashe Ninetails Sorry, bit confused! I want to use the eyes that came with the head? I'm assuming they're BOM? I don't have any other eyes.

Okay no problem! I saw you had on the Gretchen eyes (those are BOM), so I wasn't sure which ones you were aiming for.

For the Lelutka in-HUD applier eyes, keep your eye alpha layer on. Now, click on one of the eye colors in the HUD. It should force the eyes back into applier mode and they should show.

Edit: Oops, I see you're new - the forum may limit your messages for the day eventually (grrr). If that happens, feel free to send me an IM in-world at this name and I can talk you through it there if you still need help.

Edit Edit: Yup, forum limited her. She's all set, though. Just needed a quick undeform, which we found out after we did EVERYTHING else. 😒😂

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, charlottedebussy said:

Hi all,

I picked up the free Lelutka EvoX head, which is gorgeous, but I cannot figure the eyes. Can someone help? What am I doing wrongly? Image attached.

https://gyazo.com/b21cb8c7c61cfe85ea2eb9dba348ed3c

Body is LucyBody with BOM applier. I've set the Lelutka head to BOM. Whatever combo of eyes/face/skin produces the same result. I've been banging my head against this all day :(

Thanks so much for any help.

If you want to use the eye colors in the Lelutka hud, which are applier eyes. You have to, turn off the bakes on mesh, and wear the, + ALPHA ( BOM Head + Body - APPLIER Eyes ).. This is using appliers.

If you want to use system eyes colors on your mesh eyes, You have to,turn on the bakes on mesh, and then remove the alpha layer.. This is using Bom

In other words, they have given you the option to use applier textures or Bom, but not both at the same time.. It's just getting used to  how to use them..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, charlottedebussy said:

@Ayashe Ninetails Sorry, bit confused! I want to use the eyes that came with the head? I'm assuming they're BOM? I don't have any other eyes.

If you haven't done the rest of the stores in the Lelutka Christmas event.. You really should get the eyes from AVI-Glam..  They have the set they are giving away for the Christmas present, which is in the center of the room when you first walk into the store.. Then on the same wall as the door, is their gift wall, which has even more eyes..

In each one of the packs you'll get appliers and system eyes.. The system eyes are for using BOM and the appliers are the same as using the eyes on your lelutka hud.

I think you will have much less problems using the Bom system eyes.. It's just less headaches, plus it's just a better way all around.. you can set  certain eyes for outfit folder, which you cannot do with applier eyes..

Using bom, you won't need to use an alpha layer, you would just change your eyes like you would  changing your body skin or a tattoo.. just right click and wear them.. It'll make life so much easier and better.. it really is the better system..

I have a note card that i made that has all the land marks for the 54 stores in the lelutka Christmas event.. I'm gonna send that to you in world..  The Avi-Glam landmark is in there also.. they are all free, you just have to join their group which is free also.. then once you get their things from the store, you can leave the group if you wish..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think you will have much less problems using the Bom system eyes.. It's just less headaches, plus it's just a better way all around.. you can set  certain eyes for outfit folder, which you cannot do with applier eyes..

Using bom, you won't need to use an alpha layer, you would just change your eyes like you would  changing your body skin or a tattoo.. just right click and wear them.. It'll make life so much easier and better.. it really is the better system..

There's zero problems using appliers eyes as well, and saving different outfits is not any different - just copy mesh eyes, change the copy to the desired texture and save outfit with that copy.

Also BoM eyes are not capable of heterochromia and any kind of mixing and matching at all, unless they are made that way, which is rarely (if ever) the case, and then you're stuck with just that one option anyway. With appliers you can apply different sets to the left/right eye and it opens a whole lot of variety for some specific looks.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steeljane42 said:

There's zero problems using appliers eyes as well, and saving different outfits is not any different - just copy mesh eyes, change the copy to the desired texture and save outfit with that copy.

Also BoM eyes are not capable of heterochromia and any kind of mixing and matching at all, unless they are made that way, which is rarely (if ever) the case, and then you're stuck with just that one option anyway. With appliers you can apply different sets to the left/right eye and it opens a whole lot of variety for some specific looks.

I guess it is a matter of taste then.. Although I do still think Bom is a little simpler  for a new user to learn than appliers.. Not that there is that much more of a curve..

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, charlottedebussy said:

The eyes that come with the head are applier eyes so you would need to wear the alpha for "BOM body and head + applier eyes".
If you want to use BOM eyes, then you'll have to wear a different alpha. There are 3 alphas in the head folder, each for a specific case clearly explained in the alpha name.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Isaac Ashton said:

The eyes that come with the head are applier eyes so you would need to wear the alpha for "BOM body and head + applier eyes".
If you want to use BOM eyes, then you'll have to wear a different alpha. There are 3 alphas in the head folder, each for a specific case clearly explained in the alpha name.

The mesh eyes that come with the head, are setup for both, Bakes on Mesh/ BOM and Appliers..

This next part is mostly for the OP..

When using the mesh eyes set to, Bakes on Mesh ON, you don't need an alpha layer for the mesh eyes.. The Mesh eyes can now use the system eyes textures.

This Alpha layer.. + ALPHA ( BOM Head + Body - APPLIER Eyes ), is for when using a Bakes on mesh Mesh body with the mesh eyes set to - Bakes on Mesh OFF

This Alpha layer..+ ALPHA ( BOM Head + Eyes - APPLIER Body ),  Is for when using a Mesh body not converted to Bakes on Mesh, With Mesh eyes set to, Bakes on Mesh ON

This Alpha layer..+ ALPHA ( BOM Head - APPLIER Body + Eyes ),  Is for when using a Mesh body not converted to Bakes on Mesh, With Mesh eyes set to, Bakes on Mesh OFF

That's enough to make someone dizzy as hell right there trying to get a grasp on that.. LOL

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much for your help and advice. Sorry I couldn't reply before but there's a limit on how many posts I'm allowed to make in a day. Apparently.

It turned out to be a combination of a glitchy AO and some settings to do with movelock in the Firestorm prefs. Ceka and Ayashe were kind enough to step me thru on IM.

I'm really loving SL, I've never met such consistently helpful, friendly, knowledgeable folk online before! 

Happy New Year to one and all xD

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, charlottedebussy said:

Thank you all so much for your help and advice. Sorry I couldn't reply before but there's a limit on how many posts I'm allowed to make in a day. Apparently.

It turned out to be a combination of a glitchy AO and some settings to do with movelock in the Firestorm prefs. Ceka and Ayashe were kind enough to step me thru on IM.

I'm really loving SL, I've never met such consistently helpful, friendly, knowledgeable folk online before! 

I was a lot of fun  jabbering away last night.. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, charlottedebussy said:

We have lots of fun and helpful people here. But, we also have our share of jerks. Enjoy and remember to be careful.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.