Skins for REBIRTH heads that have EARS with EvoX morph?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I got the free REBIRTH head for my  alts the other day. I like that it is simple without the huds that go on forever.  I also like the head now that it is in 3.0 territory. HOWEVER I can't find any EvoX skins that work with the head (or the demos of the heads to buy so this isn't a "gift head" issue) that skin the ears. As such you need to wear hair that covers ears if you want to use the new and pervasive  skins mapped with EvoX.    

The info card says that different skin makers do things differently so far as skins and such. A a mesh creator I have a hard time seeing how skins made for LeLutka wouldn't fit on REBIRTH if REBIRTH was mapped for that.  So confused here. 

Has anyone had luck with finding skins that will show ears?   This isn't an issue with old style skins. They work fine.  

Thanks. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

So I got the free REBIRTH head for my  alts the other day. I like that it is simple without the huds that go on forever.  I also like the head now that it is in 3.0 territory. HOWEVER I can't find any EvoX skins that work with the head (or the demos of the heads to buy so this isn't a "gift head" issue) that skin the ears. As such you need to wear hair that covers ears if you want to use the new and pervasive  skins mapped with EvoX.    

The info card says that different skin makers do things differently so far as skins and such. A a mesh creator I have a hard time seeing how skins made for LeLutka wouldn't fit on REBIRTH if REBIRTH was mapped for that.  So confused here. 

Has anyone had luck with finding skins that will show ears?   This isn't an issue with old style skins. They work fine.  

Thanks. 

Every EvoX skin I use/try has a separate universal layer for ears.  None have them included WITH the face/head.

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Thanks. 

EvoX skins have separate ears to be worn as layers. Look into the skin folder. They should be there.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Some places...I think 7deadly? don't include the ear layer but have them available free separately

With their previous EvoX skins, yes, but I think the most recent ones have them in the skin folder. At least I remember seeing them in some of their skin folders (I have so many from 7DS I can't even remember 🤪).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oooh I like this free Rebirth head, I got it for an alt, and put a Moccino skin on it from the weekend sales (60 or 75L, not sure but it is still out for sale right now anyway). It definitely comes with ears that work. Bit of a worry that Rebirth is using Lelutka UVs without permission though.

This is the default shape, I have not played around with it yet.

21aa8bb3bcbd8819f7803c823829e5a4.jpg

Edited by Stephanie Misfit
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

The Lelutka CSR has said that Rebirth is not approved to use the EvoX maps or brand themselves as such, and has not ever been accepted for an EvoX dev kit. If you want a head that wears the skins the way they are meant to look, look elsewhere. 

discord.png

Wait... so.... Lelutka makes the UV maps and PSD files available for free via a download from their website for anyone to pick up, but no-one is allowed to actually use them without "approval"?

Why is it even available for free then?

lelutka download.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Wait... so.... Lelutka makes the UV maps and PSD files available for free via a download from their website for anyone to pick up, but no-one is allowed to actually use them without "approval"?

Why is it even available for free then?

lelutka download.jpg

There's a difference between creating textures using the UVs, and making a head in a 3d program that can map to them. There is also the fact that Rebirth are using the Lelutka brand name when promoting their heads, without permission.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Didn't people also rig clothing for Maitreya without even having their kit AND use their name when describing the clothes.  Is it coincidence that the Lucy (?) body fits 'most' Maitreya clothing?   

I think a lot of creators did the Maitreya rigging by trial-and-error; I noticed some of them show something like "experimental" in the product name, which I suppose is a kind of get-out clause if the clothes don't happen to fit perfectly.

I'm pretty sure that's what Lucybody did, because it isnt an exact match. I did wonder if some creators got the Lucybody devkit (if there is one) and were using that to rig for Maitreya instead.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I think a lot of creators did the Maitreya rigging by trial-and-error; I noticed some of them show something like "experimental" in the product name, which I suppose is a kind of get-out clause if the clothes don't happen to fit perfectly.

I'm pretty sure that's what Lucybody did, because it isnt an exact match. I did wonder if some creators got the Lucybody devkit (if there is one) and were using that to rig for Maitreya instead.

One of the copybot sites got hold of a Maitreya dev kit, reworked it, and made it freely available online. It was linked for download on a very popular Youtube SL tutorial channel that was actually run by one of the copybotters, so that was easy for people to get and use to rig for Maitreya. 

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

One of the copybot sites got hold of a Maitreya dev kit, reworked it, and made it freely available online. It was linked for download on a very popular Youtube SL tutorial channel that was actually run by one of the copybotters, so that was easy for people to get and use to rig for Maitreya. 

Hmm - the apparent lack of any DMCAs coming from Maitreya over this, combined with the relative lack of activity from Maitreya as a brand (product updates/releases) makes me wonder if the people behind Maitreya are even active in SL any more.

15 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

curious that there's only one copycat body then?

25 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Hmm - the apparent lack of any DMCAs coming from Maitreya over this, combined with the relative lack of activity from Maitreya as a brand (product updates/releases) makes me wonder if the people behind Maitreya are even active in SL any more.

Maybe there were DMCAs and that's why there's only one body (with approval from Maitreya) and any others gor nuked quick? Come to think of it, there WAS another copycat from Kalhene which is no longer available... could that be the reason they've withdrawn it?

TBH it makes me think that Maitrya let it all slide on purpose - having the devkit freely available plus having a freebie (or nearly so) copycat body available too, pretty much cemented Maitreya into the top spot.  Would it have worked out as well for Maitreya if Lucybody had been rigged to fit Belleza Isis for example? I think probably not.

49 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

having the devkit freely available plus having a freebie (or nearly so) copycat body available too, pretty much cemented Maitreya into the top spot.  Would it have worked out as well for Maitreya if Lucybody had been rigged to fit Belleza Isis for example? I think probably not.

Lucybody is 2018-ish I think, at least current version is, unless I mix it with some other free body. By that time Maitreya was already unreachable by Belleza and anyone else, so yes, it would.

Also don't forget that "true freebie hunters" don't really contritube much to the "maitreya eco-system" in most cases. The best case scenario is someone getting it, buying some decent clothes and then upgrading into the "real thing", which is maitreya, because the free one is just not as good. But some might choose other bodies too as freebies clothes they did pick up for it are not worth much. The usual case scenario - they just get free stuff for their free body, and that's it. Maitreya gets nothing out of it, creators who do maitreya sizes get nothing of it.

It's also just 9.8k on the Lucia's list, while Maitreya is at 136k at this moment. So it's not even most popular freebie body (TMP's classic female one is).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maitimo said:

curious that there's only one copycat body then?

Maybe there were DMCAs and that's why there's only one body (with approval from Maitreya) and any others gor nuked quick? Come to think of it, there WAS another copycat from Kalhene which is no longer available... could that be the reason they've withdrawn it?

TBH it makes me think that Maitrya let it all slide on purpose - having the devkit freely available plus having a freebie (or nearly so) copycat body available too, pretty much cemented Maitreya into the top spot.  Would it have worked out as well for Maitreya if Lucybody had been rigged to fit Belleza Isis for example? I think probably not.

9 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Lucybody is 2018-ish I think, at least current version is, unless I mix it with some other free body. By that time Maitreya was already unreachable by Belleza and anyone else, so yes, it would.

Also don't forget that "true freebie hunters" don't really contritube much to the "maitreya eco-system" in most cases. The best case scenario is someone getting it, buying some decent clothes and then upgrading into the "real thing", which is maitreya, because the free one is just not as good. But some might choose other bodies too as freebies clothes they did pick up for it are not worth much. The usual case scenario - they just get free stuff for their free body, and that's it. Maitreya gets nothing out of it, creators who do maitreya sizes get nothing of it.

It's also just 9.8k on the Lucia's list, while Maitreya is at 136k at this moment. So it's not even most popular freebie body (TMP's classic female one is).

I think the LucyBody Athenea functions as a trial version for those who can't readily afford Maitreya Lara. It's not quite as good as the real thing, but it whets their appetite for it. Anyone who thinks they can afford Maitreya Lara is eventually going to shell out the money for the  real Maitreya Lara body.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think the LucyBody Athenea functions as a trial version for those who can't readily afford Maitreya Lara. It's not quite as good as the real thing, but it whets their appetite for it. Anyone who thinks they can afford Maitreya Lara is eventually going to shell out the money for the  real Maitreya Lara body.

I don't know. Nearly all my alts are in the LucyBody. I probably would have bought Maitreya for at least a couple of them if it was not for that free body. I have friends who are quite happy wearing the LucyBody and have no plans to switch to Maitreya, one of them gets a bit annoyed that it limits some of the clothes they can wear (not everything fits perfectly), but they aren't bothered enough by it to actually go and buy Maitreya.

My point in bringing up the Lucy body in regards to Birth heads fitting for EvoX is... maybe it was just a lot of trial and error working their heads around an EvoX skin.   They might be slightly off in the fit just like Lucy doesn't fit ALL Maitreya clothing.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My point in bringing up the Lucy body in regards to Birth heads fitting for EvoX is... maybe it was just a lot of trial and error working their heads around an EvoX skin.   They might be slightly off in the fit just like Lucy doesn't fit ALL Maitreya clothing.   

So far as mesh bodies especially the Lucy body (and others) would need to be "different enough" not to be in line for a DMCA.  One reason why a lot of non-Maitreya but "Maitreya sort of fits" bodies take Slink shoes (now getting to be a problem LOL). If the well-rigged clothes for Maitreya fit just as well there would be an uproar and some legal issues. We saw this long ago with skins and different companies using the same source files.  It gets messy.     

Not following this thread; just seeing the short comments on the feed so if someone already said this I apologize.  And I am VERY happy that my alts now have ears LOL. Thanks again. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.